PDA

View Full Version : Pres Bush Has Had A Good 2007

red states rule
12-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Despite the liberal meida best efforts, 2007 was a good year for Pres Bush.

The Dem run Congress has done its best to paint the usual doom and gloom pictures of Iraq, the economy, and how corupt the administration is - but it has fallen flat when facts are intoduced into the debate

Bush’s Very Good Year
By Lawrence Kudlow

Against all odds, and despite the usual drumbeat of criticism, President George W. Bush has had a very good year. The troop surge in Iraq is succeeding. America remains safe from terrorist attacks. And the Goldilocks economy is outperforming all expectations.

At his year-end news conference, President Bush stated with optimism that the economy is fundamentally sound, despite the housing downturn and the sub-prime credit crunch. The very next day, that optimism was reinforced with news of the best consumer spending in two years. The prophets of recessionary doom, such as former Fed chair Alan Greenspan, Republican advisor Martin Feldstein, ex-Democratic Treasury secretary Lawrence Summers, and bond-maven Bill Gross have been proven wrong once again.

Calendar year 2007 looks set to produce 3 percent growth in real GDP, nearly 3 percent growth in consumer spending, and over 3 percent growth in after-tax inflation-adjusted incomes. Meanwhile, headline inflation (including food and energy) will have run at 2.5 percent, with only 2 percent core inflation.

Jobs are rising over 100,000 per month and the stock market is set to turn in a respectable year despite enormous headwinds. Low tax rates, modest inflation, and declining interest rates continue to boost Goldilocks, which is still the greatest story never told.

for thecomplete article
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/12/bushs_very_good_year.html

gabosaurus
12-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Nice spin, dude.
Hitler had several good years prior to 1944. No one remembers them. :lmao:

red states rule
12-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Nice spin, dude.
Hitler had several good years prior to 1944. No one remembers them. :lmao:

So you have constructive to add to the discussion?

Psychoblues
12-28-2007, 11:09 PM
The history of 2008 will prove you in error, rsr. The history in retrospect of the gwb misadministration will prove you all the idiot that you are.

stephanie
12-28-2007, 11:26 PM
The history of 2008 will prove you in error, rsr. The history in retrospect of the gwb misadministration will prove you all the idiot that you are.

Oh well...we'll be in good company..cause you all were proven idiots with the Clinton administration...along with your President Billy Bob being impeached...hey.. we don't have that to brag about...:coffee:

Psychoblues
12-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Nice try but no points and no fuzzy toy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well...we'll be in good company..cause you all were proven idiots with the Clinton administration...along with your President Billy Bob being impeached...hey.. we don't have that to brag about...:coffee:

Are we to expect you to teach our history lessons now?

stephanie
12-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Nice try but no points and no fuzzy toy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we to expect you to teach our history lessons now?

Why not...you think you can teach us ours..:dance:

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 01:05 AM
I post current articles, opinions and my own perceived attitudes.

Why not...you think you can teach us ours..:dance:

You take us back 10 years or so and apply it to me? I thinketh you a fool, staphy.

stephanie
12-29-2007, 01:13 AM
I post current articles, opinions and my own perceived attitudes.

You take us back 10 years or so and apply it to me? I thinketh you a fool, staphy.

I don't thinketh I care what you thinketh of me...but I thinketh you a "bitter old fool"...that must be hell to have to live that way all the time..

Cherrios..:cheers2:

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 01:22 AM
My wife loves me, my kids, all three of them, love me and my dog thinks I am the greatest. My neighbors also gave me many presents for Christmas and I really don't give one hoot for your misconceptions.

I don't thinketh I care what you thinketh of me...but I thinketh you a "bitter old fool"...that must be hell to have to live that way all the time..

Cherrios..:cheers2:

Thinketh about that, you bitter old fool.

stephanie
12-29-2007, 01:30 AM
My wife loves me, my kids, all three of them, love me and my dog thinks I am the greatest. My neighbors also gave me many presents for Christmas and I really don't give one hoot for your misconceptions.

Thinketh about that, you bitter old fool.

Hummm...I'm try to thinketh....Nope can't see the neighbors giving you all those Christmas presents...But I'll have to take your word on it...

I thinketh you don't thinketh I'm a bitter old fool..But I really do thinketh you are one...:laugh2:

:cheers2:

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 02:11 AM
I'll share none of my cookies, candy, hams and other gifts with you.

Hummm...I'm try to thinketh....Nope can't see the neighbors giving you all those Christmas presents...But I'll have to take your word on it...

I thinketh you don't thinketh I'm a bitter old fool..But I really do thinketh you are one...:laugh2:

You are not my neighbor and I am glad for that. I do have one neighbor, however, that you might be attracted. I must warn you, he is a Democrat but I think you will work well together anyway.

stephanie
12-29-2007, 02:22 AM
I'll share none of my cookies, candy, hams and other gifts with you.

You are not my neighbor and I am glad for that. I do have one neighbor, however, that you might be attracted. I must warn you, he is a Democrat but I think you will work well together anyway.

Does he have all his teeth?
Does he have a wicked sense of humor, like I do?
Does he have any smarts.?

Oh well darn...he's a Democrat...

thanks anyway..:lmao:

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 02:33 AM
He is smart, staphy, and he is wicked, I'll attest to that.

Does he have all his teeth?
Does he have a wicked sense of humor, like I do?
Does he have any smarts.?

Oh well darn...he's a Democrat...

thanks anyway..:lmao:

As far as his teeth I have no knowledge of them. But I do have other snaggletoothed neighbors with whom you might also find comraderie.

stephanie
12-29-2007, 02:39 AM
He is smart, staphy, and he is wicked, I'll attest to that.

As far as his teeth I have no knowledge of them. But I do have other snaggletoothed neighbors with whom you might also find comraderie.

Well...I appreciate the offer.. But I think I keep looking on my own..
You know how it is trying to have a long distance romance..it doesnt work out so well...

thanks anyway..:laugh2:

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Perhaps your "testicle lockbox" avatar is causing you problems?

Well...I appreciate the offer.. But I think I keep looking on my own..
You know how it is trying to have a long distance romance..it doesnt work out so well...

thanks anyway..:laugh2:

Just tryin' to help?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

red states rule
12-30-2007, 04:45 AM

Libs are in a sour mood these days.

No Depression griping America. No video of dead US troops on the evening news. No lines extending outside the Unemployment offices. No dead bodies of starving people lining the streets of America

All this good news depresses the hell out of libs, and I am for one am glad to post the good news

red states rule
12-30-2007, 05:09 AM
and this from the AP. They tears were flowing as the "reporter" wrote this one

Dems Still Trumped by Bush in 2007
By LAURIE KELLMAN | Associated Press Writer
6:21 PM EST, December 28, 2007

WASHINGTON - It's a painful irony for Democrats: In the space of a year, the Iraq war that was the source of party's resurgence in Congress became the measure of its impotence.

By the end of the 2007, a Congress controlled by Democrats for the first time since 1994 had an approval rating of only 25 percent, down from 40 percent last spring. Then the debate over the war split the party and cast shadows over other issues, spawning a series of legislative failures and losing confrontations with President Bush.

What to do about Iraq has turned into a dissing match so far-reaching and nasty that Congress's accomplishments are seen, even by some who run it, through the lens of their failure to override Bush and start bringing the troops home.

"There is no question that the war in Iraq has eclipsed much of what we have done," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters. "If you asked me in a phone call, as ardent a Democrat as I am, I would disapprove of Congress as well."

for the complete article

http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-ye-democrats-in-charge,0,7635977.story

Psychoblues
12-31-2007, 01:27 AM
Are you diminishing the reputations of the close to 4,000 troops that have been brought home in caskets, rsr?

Libs are in a sour mood these days.

No Depression griping America. No video of dead US troops on the evening news. No lines extending outside the Unemployment offices. No dead bodies of starving people lining the streets of America

All this good news depresses the hell out of libs, and I am for one am glad to post the good news

Are you in any way proud of that?

actsnoblemartin
12-31-2007, 01:47 AM
I dont want to be rude, but shouldnt a war be seen in a complex way. I mean we could see any war in terms of casulaties only, but what about: strategy, overall success, current sucess, # of enemy killed, money spent.

yours opinion please?

Are you diminishing the reputations of the close to 4,000 troops that have been brought home in caskets, rsr?

Psychoblues
12-31-2007, 02:00 AM
I completely agree, martin.

I dont want to be rude, but shouldnt a war be seen in a complex way. I mean we could see any war in terms of casulaties only, but what about: strategy, overall success, current sucess, # of enemy killed, money spent.

yours opinion please?

Are you as dense as gwb? Have you no pride for the American ideals and common decency?

actsnoblemartin
12-31-2007, 02:03 AM
im confused, why do ask me such a mean spirited question: (are you as dense as gwb)?

I have pride in america, its ideals and its common decency, but that must be weighed against other things such as:

#1 does this policy, ideal, or so called common decency make sense?

#2 who deserves decency?, american citizens, islamic jihadists, illegal aliens.

Its easy to throw around terms on this board: but it would be better to define them mate.

I completely agree, martin.

Are you as dense as gwb? Have you no pride for the American ideals and common decency?

mrg666
12-31-2007, 02:04 AM

whose we

red states rule
12-31-2007, 05:42 AM

yours opinion please?

Martin, we can't fight and WIN a PC war

Libs like PB has this delusion we can win this war by fighting under Marquess of Queensberry rules

Psychoblues
01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Not at all, martin. I didn't mean "you" as you take "you" to mean.

im confused, why do ask me such a mean spirited question: (are you as dense as gwb)?

I have pride in america, its ideals and its common decency, but that must be weighed against other things such as:

#1 does this policy, ideal, or so called common decency make sense?

#2 who deserves decency?, american citizens, islamic jihadists, illegal aliens.

Its easy to throw around terms on this board: but it would be better to define them mate.

I intended it in the more general sense.

As far as your concerns about american citizens, islamic jihadists and illegal aliens I must confess that all deserve adjudicational considerations and especially the Americans. Have you no sense of common decency or the rights guaranteed by our Constitution?

actsnoblemartin
01-02-2008, 12:09 AM
i apologize that i did not understand you. were friends, friends sometimes mis understand each other.

As far as your concerns about american citizens, islamic jihadists and illegal aliens I must confess that all deserve adjudicational considerations and especially the Americans. Have you no sense of common decency or the rights guaranteed by our Constitution?

My questions are:

are we saying american citizens are equal to illegals, and jihadists?

A quick follow up, jihadist have military tribunals, which seems fair to me.. but i admit im a novice here

question #2.. (two part) does the u.s. constitution give rights to non american citizens, and if it does doesnt that undermine or value less, american people who earned those rights.

lets discuss.

Im not gonna call you any names :), except psychoblues :laugh2:

red states rule
01-02-2008, 05:58 AM

Illegals and terrorists are not Amercian citizens - they are not entitled to the rights US citizens have

Even though the left wants to grant them those rights and benefits

Psychoblues
01-05-2008, 09:05 PM
martin, I know your questions to be honest and I hope that you will accept my answers to be honest as well. We can respect one another even though we may disagree? You have shown that propensity.

i apologize that i did not understand you. were friends, friends sometimes mis understand each other.

My questions are:

are we saying american citizens are equal to illegals, and jihadists?

A quick follow up, jihadist have military tribunals, which seems fair to me.. but i admit im a novice here

question #2.. (two part) does the u.s. constitution give rights to non american citizens, and if it does doesnt that undermine or value less, american people who earned those rights.

lets discuss.

Im not gonna call you any names :), except psychoblues :laugh2:

Question # 1: are we saying american citizens are equal to illegals, and jihadists?

Answer to Question #1: No, they are not but how do you explain that to American Indians?

Question # 2: does the u.s. constitution give rights to non american citizens, and if it does doesnt that undermine or value less, american people who earned those rights.

Answer to Question # 2: Please give me some information how you earned your rights so I can more pointedly address your concern.

You are obviously concerned with the earning of rights. Just how do we explain any of that?

red states rule
01-05-2008, 09:21 PM

When libs are depressed, that means things are good in America. Dems are eating a huge shit burger over the progress in Iraq, and the good economy

I could not be happier

retiredman
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
When libs are depressed, that means things are good in America. Dems are eating a huge shit burger over the progress in Iraq, and the good economy

I could not be happier

what if the american death toll were even higher than it is? You would be happier then, eh?

Psychoblues
01-05-2008, 11:06 PM
rsr, like gwb, is a nonvet and like gwb he is tickled to see Americans dying to save their own freedoms. It's a simple to explain dichotomy.

what if the american death toll were even higher than it is? You would be happier then, eh?

I've seen it before.

red states rule
01-06-2008, 07:56 AM
rsr, like gwb, is a nonvet and like gwb he is tickled to see Americans dying to save their own freedoms. It's a simple to explain dichotomy.

I've seen it before.

If anyone is glad to see tropps dying it is the left. They were having press conferences on a daily basis, calling for surredner in Iraq

Now that the troops have turned things around, the silence from the liberal media and the Dems is deafening

Where is the nighty coverage on Iraq? Where are the front page stories?

Oh, the news from Iraq is good -that exaplains why there is no coverage

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 08:00 AM
if we leave now, their deaths mean nothing.

If we stick it out another 5 years, and give iraqis a real chance to reconcile...

that or divide the country up into three, we have a real chance at having a great country.

If anyone is glad to see tropps dying it is the left. They were having press conferences on a daily basis, calling for surredner in Iraq

Now that the troops have turned things around, the silence from the liberal media and the Dems is deafening

Where is the nighty coverage on Iraq? Where are the front page stories?

Oh, the news from Iraq is good -that exaplains why there is no coverage

red states rule
01-06-2008, 02:28 PM
if we leave now, their deaths mean nothing.

If we stick it out another 5 years, and give iraqis a real chance to reconcile...

that or divide the country up into three, we have a real chance at having a great country.

The only reason the left wants out of Iraq, is to save their asses. After saying for years the war is lost, the troops are shoving it back in their faces

The liberal meida is trying to ignore the good news, but the news is getting out. Dems do not want to hear about it, or talk about it

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 02:45 PM
funny how when it was bad, i heard nothing but 24/7 bad bad bad, but the slightest hint of good, the lib media is hiding like a child afraid of the dentist.

The only reason the left wants out of Iraq, is to save their asses. After saying for years the war is lost, the troops are shoving it back in their faces

The liberal meida is trying to ignore the good news, but the news is getting out. Dems do not want to hear about it, or talk about it

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-07-2008, 12:10 AM
I post current articles, opinions and my own perceived attitude EVEN when your wrong 100% OF THE TIME :laugh2:

red states rule
01-07-2008, 05:49 AM
funny how when it was bad, i heard nothing but 24/7 bad bad bad, but the slightest hint of good, the lib media is hiding like a child afraid of the dentist.

In 06, the Dems said the #1 issue in the 08 election would be Iraq

I wonder if they would like to revise that statement?