PDA

View Full Version : Come to America and experience our " enhanced techniques ".

Lazarus
12-22-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/14/europe/EU-GEN-Iceland-US.php

REYKJAVIK, Iceland: Iceland's government has asked the U.S. ambassador to explain the treatment of an Icelandic tourist who says she was held in shackles before being deported from the United States.

The woman, Erla Osk Arnardottir Lillendahl, 33, was arrested Sunday when she arrived at JFK airport in New York because she had overstayed a U.S. visa more than 10 years earlier.
She contended she was interrogated at JFK airport for two days, during which she was not allowed to call relatives. She said she was denied food and drink for part of the time, and was photographed and fingerprinted.

On Monday, Lillendahl claimed, her hands and feet were chained and she was moved to a prison in New Jersey, where she was kept in a cell, interrogated further and denied access to a phone
http://bp1.blogger.com/_OW_mts4kjS4/R2tjELTQcUI/AAAAAAAAAb0/ODsbVo3QAgI/s400/arnardottir.jpg...
This is Lillendahls' account of her treatment :

During the last twenty-four hours I have probably experienced the greatest humiliation to which I have ever been subjected. During these last twenty-four hours I have been handcuffed and chained, denied the chance to sleep, been without food and drink and been confined to a place without anyone knowing my whereabouts, imprisoned.

I was photographed and fingerprinted. I was asked questions which I felt had nothing to do with the issue at hand. I was forbidden to contact anyone to advise of my predicament and although I was invited at the outset to contact the Icelandic consul or embassy, that invitation was later withdrawn. I don't know why.

I was then made to wait while they sought further information, and sat on a chair before the authority for 5 hours. I saw the officials in this section handle other cases and it was clear that these were men anxious to demonstrate their power. Small kings with megalomania. I was careful to remain completely cooperative, for I did not yet believe that they planned to deport me because of my "crime".

When 5 hours had passed and I had been awake for 24 hours, I was told that they were waiting for officials who would take me to a kind of waiting room. There I would be given a bed to rest in, some food and I would be searched. What they thought they might find I cannot possibly imagine. Finally guards appeared who transported me to the new place. I saw the bed as if in a mirage, for I was absolutely exhausted.

What turned out was something else. I was taken to another office exactly like the one where I had been before and once again along wait ensued. In all, it turned out to be 5 hours. At this office all my things were taken from me. I succeeded in sending a single sms to worried relatives and friends when I was granted a bathroom break. After that the cell phone was taken from me. After I had been sitting for 5 hours I was told that they were now waiting for guards who would take me to a place where I could rest and eat. Then I was placed in a cubicle which looked like an operating room. Attached to the walls were 4 steel plates, probably intended to serve as bed and a toilet.

I was exhausted, tired and hungry. I didn't understand the officials' conduct, for they were treating me like a very dangerous criminal. Soon thereafter I was removed from the cubicle and two armed guards placed me up against a wall. A chain was fastened around my waist and I was handcuffed to the chain. Then my legs were placed in chains. I asked for permission to make a telephone call but they refused. So secured, I was taken from the airport terminal in full sight of everybody. I have seldom felt so bad, so humiliated and all because I had taken a longer vacation than allowed under the law.

Welcome to America, please enjoy your stay.

Psychoblues
01-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Please don't include me in that "our" crap, Laz.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_OW_mts4kjS4/R2tjELTQcUI/AAAAAAAAAb0/ODsbVo3QAgI/s400/arnardottir.jpg...

Otherwise, thanks for putting it out there for the rest to witness.

Pale Rider
01-05-2008, 09:15 PM

Her account.... where's the other people's account? There's two sides to every story. This broad could just be another America hating liar.

April15
01-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Her account.... where's the other people's account? There's two sides to every story. This broad could just be another America hating liar.Republican in short!

Psychoblues
01-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Almost exactly.

Republican in short!

Maybe, Republican in a dress?

atliberty
01-23-2008, 03:48 PM
No there is only one side the cop side the police state side the Bushwhacker Chainmaster side of the story. The side that paid to have 9/11 happen by using Pakistan intelligence agents to send money to the hijackers. The side that says nobody can gather at the mall. The side that paid news media over 1.7 billion dollars to help you understand that they are always right. The side that packed the supreme court with plutocratic corporatocracy yes men. I'm not an Amerika hating liar, I love my country and my planet. Bush is the skull and crossbones Amerika hating liar. Do you "conservatives" have your savings accounts to pay for your healthcare when your cancer of the brian finally becomes terminal? Oh, how about your retirement? Are you privilaged enough to be a trust fund baby? Take care of yourself now like daddy war bux Bushwhacker and Chainmaster have...liars all...

darin
01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
No there is only one side the cop side the police state side the Bushwhacker Chainmaster side of the story.

You're making yourself look foolish.

stephanie
01-23-2008, 04:11 PM
No there is only one side the cop side the police state side the Bushwhacker Chainmaster side of the story. The side that paid to have 9/11 happen by using Pakistan intelligence agents to send money to the hijackers. The side that says nobody can gather at the mall. The side that paid news media over 1.7 billion dollars to help you understand that they are always right. The side that packed the supreme court with plutocratic corporatocracy yes men. I'm not an Amerika hating liar, I love my country and my planet. Bush is the skull and crossbones Amerika hating liar. Do you "conservatives" have your savings accounts to pay for your healthcare when your cancer of the brian finally becomes terminal? Oh, how about your retirement? Are you privilaged enough to be a trust fund baby? Take care of yourself now like daddy war bux Bushwhacker and Chainmaster have...liars all...

Wow...
so much...yet so little..:laugh2:

Mr. P
01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Bet the airline lost her luggage too. :laugh2:

DrJohn
01-23-2008, 04:48 PM
What is cancer of the "brian"?

Mr. P
01-23-2008, 05:01 PM
What is cancer of the "brian"?

I think it goes with "Amerika".

I think this poster has been around here before under another name, I could be wrong. It's the style/spelling/anti thing.

DrJohn
01-23-2008, 05:04 PM
I think it goes with "Amerika".

I think this poster has been around here before under another name, I could be wrong. It's the style/spelling/anti thing.

Oh, Obviously before my time.

Mr. P
01-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh, Obviously before my time.

Yes.

darin
01-23-2008, 06:08 PM
From atliberty's website:

George W. Bush is false profit antiChrist!

And there's a manifesto there, too - which starts out with one of the most basic logical fallacies:

Anybody who studies the history of Iran, Iraq, and the CIA with an open mind must realize that the US and England have meddled in the affairs of those nations to control their oil for many years.

That's saying "Unless you agree with me assumptions, you do not have an open mind."

Silly...serious silliness. Oxymoron?? :)

gabosaurus
01-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Can't trust those Icelandic terrorist operatives!

theHawk
01-23-2008, 09:15 PM

If this story is true, it just illustrates how ass backwards our immigration laws are. I sure wish they'd detain illegals from Mexico and Latin America, and the middle east the same way they did his lady. Instead of doing searches of old ladies and holding blonde women from Iceland in custody for 10 year old visa violations, how about screening and weeding out the real threats to our country?

SpidermanTUba
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
If this story is true, it just illustrates how ass backwards our immigration laws are. I sure wish they'd detain illegals from Mexico and Latin America, and the middle east the same way they did his lady. Instead of doing searches of old ladies and holding blonde women from Iceland in custody for 10 year old visa violations, how about screening and weeding out the real threats to our country?

What does this have to do with her hair color? She's been residing illegally here for 10 years, I don't really see how this makes her different than anyone else who's been residing here illegally for 10 years. Are you racist?

Psychoblues
01-25-2008, 01:43 AM
Some jerks think the "enhanced interrogation techniques of the United States Of America" are cute. I think they are SICK

Don't you?