PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Brave Shopping Today?

Kathianne
12-22-2007, 06:20 PM
I've been terrible this year with shopping, normally would be finished and all wrapped. Up until yesterday, I had 1 gift for my daughter. That was it. That 1 had been bought for me by a friend that drove to a Coach Outlet and got a great deal on a purse w/matching wallet.

So there was a lot to do, for my two sons and a few family members. #1 son came with me, left about 10. Headed to favorite florist to order centerpiece for my dad's best friend's home, to thank them for all their help and support this year. Then we headed over to Oak Brook, I knew #2 son wanted a jacket, he had a Columbia brand one on hold over at Sports Authority, so I figured that would be done. Wanted to grab a little something for my daughter, stopped at Ann Taylor, son looked slightly uncomfortable in shop, then he went, "Kendall would love this." It was a wrap top, turquoise, white, and black. Grabbed a cami and with my 'bonus card money' for previous purchases, got her finished for $30.

#1 son was the one I hadn't a clue of what to get, he helped out by saying, "Eddie Bauer's". So we walked over there, stopped by Bath & Body and picked up some Holiday Hand Wash, using the gift card I got from a student. Total cost to me, $.70 .

Got to Eddie Bauer's, son was right, he liked 'everything.' He showed me sweaters, shirts, vests, and what colors were 'good.' Then he saw an attache, wanted that. So I got that, as we walked towards front of store, saw a jacket I liked. He said, 'try it on.' I did, he bought it. Then he went outside, I grabbed a couple of sweaters and shirts.

My son called my daughter, reminded her to pick up Yankee Candle stuff for my SIL, (daughter works there and gets 40% off.) I was done, it was 12:15. I said to son, How about lunch at Wildfire? (http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/second_level/menu/lunch.htm) He was like, cool! But it's expensive. Pulled out my gift card for $50 from a student, we finished lunch by 1:15. I'm done shopping, well except for food!

hjmick
12-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Finished a week or so ago. The earliest I have ever finished.

Mr. P
12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Shopping Today? Pleaeeeeeeezzzzzzzz! If you don't wait till Monday about 5pm, like REAL men do, yer a whimp! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

hjmick
12-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Shopping Today? Pleaeeeeeeezzzzzzzz! If you don't wait till Monday about 5pm, like REAL men do, yer a whimp! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Heh, real men shop online. :laugh2:

manu1959
12-22-2007, 08:52 PM

real men have their wives do all their shopping......my wife was done before thanksgiving.....

hjmick
12-22-2007, 09:05 PM
real men have their wives do all their shopping......my wife was done before thanksgiving.....

The only shopping I did was for my wife, she did all the rest. :D

Said1
12-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I finished up at walmart this morning. Not too painful - short line up.

Kathianne
12-22-2007, 09:31 PM

Now that was my plan, had everything on my wish list. Kids looked and they were not excited, so off to mall I had to go.

Mr. P I came 'that close' to doing it Monday, alas I have to get dinner ready for 15 for Tuesday, and for Christmas Eve, shopping had to be today. Food shopping tomorrow.

I was bright enough to order myself a centerpiece when I went to florist, that will be delivered Monday too! ;)

5stringJeff
12-22-2007, 09:36 PM
My daughter had to finish her shopping today, so I was forced to go to the mall. I did get a jump start on shopping for my wife's birthday, which is January 2.

gabosaurus
12-22-2007, 09:38 PM
The Colombian girl who lives with my sister came up to San Francisco today to stay with her mom for Christmas. I took her shopping to buy a few gifts.
IT WAS FUCKING HYSTERICAL!! I about went bananas.

Mr. P
12-22-2007, 10:26 PM

I do agree with that...!!!!:cheers2:

Abbey Marie
12-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Nice "power shopping" Kathianne! :clap:

actsnoblemartin
12-22-2007, 11:17 PM
please read your pm's abbey

Kathianne
12-22-2007, 11:28 PM

Thanks Abbey. I couldn't believe we got that much done. I still love having one kid with me at a time. We had a nice lunch and could talk. When I take them all out, they revert to teasing each other, sometimes I'm surprised they don't change the sugar and salt! (No, they never were allowed to, but not from lack of trying.)

shattered
12-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Aww.. You poor people.. :D

I take a week of vacation mid-November, and get *all* my shopping done at that time..

This way, if I find little extra stuff I like while wandering, if I don't want to stand in line, I can just drop the stuff and leave with no worries.

Kathianne
12-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Aww.. You poor people.. :D

I take a week of vacation mid-November, and get *all* my shopping done at that time..

This way, if I find little extra stuff I like while wandering, if I don't want to stand in line, I can just drop the stuff and leave with no worries.

Well in October and November I was busy with estate stuff and my nephew's illness, which is where I fell behind, also feeling sorta bad then.

In spite of being last minute, as I said to Abbey, we had a great day today.

Merry Christmas to you!

mrg666
12-23-2007, 12:33 AM
twas mayhem but ill survive another day