PDA

View Full Version : Do you get any extra time off for the holidays?

gabosaurus
12-22-2007, 09:41 PM
My husband's company takes the week between Christmas and New Year's Off. Meaning his office will not reopen until Jan. 2. It's a paid week off too. :)
My dad's office will only take off Monday and Tuesday of each week.
My mom, as an elementary school teacher, takes the normal two-week break most schools have.

darin
12-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Except for Christmas day, most years we have to 'take' whatever leave/vacation we've accrued. This year - and other years past, when Xmas is on a tuesday, or even thursday, we get the 24th or the 26th off (sometimes half-day), depending. We get New Years Day off, too.

Kathianne
12-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Half day last Thursday, off til 1/7. :dance:

hjmick
12-22-2007, 09:49 PM
No. I took it. I don't go back to work until January 7.

manu1959
12-22-2007, 09:53 PM
No. I took it. I don't go back to work until January 7.

same here....

LiberalNation
12-22-2007, 10:01 PM
I get a week and a half off. Ought to be two weeks.

5stringJeff
12-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Three weeks! Last final was December 11, and my next class is January 2.

82Marine89
12-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Monday I will work 4 hours, then return to work on January 2, 2008. Paid time off for the week in between.

BoogyMan
12-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I have been off since the 14th and don't return to work until the 2nd of January. Been out of the office a lot due to illness and still get some great vacation benefits.

Life is good!

Trinity
12-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I have to work, the only days I have off is Christmas and New Years day.

I am doing merchandising now and this is the busiest time of the year and I picked up somebody else's store on top of my own, so yeah I am stuck till the middle of January when I can get back to a regular schedule.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 10:59 AM
I have to work, the only days I have off is Christmas and New Years day.

I am doing merchandising now and this is the busiest time of the year and I picked up somebody else's store on top of my own, so yeah I am stuck till the middle of January when I can get back to a regular schedule.

Nope. We will be open normal hours from 7AM to 11PM Eastern

If it is slow (which it probably will be) they wil be VTO'ing during the day

MtnBiker
12-23-2007, 11:37 AM
I only have Christmas day off. I'm working New Years eve day and New Years day, hell I'm working this morning.

manu1959
12-23-2007, 12:06 PM
I only have Christmas day off. I'm working New Years eve day and New Years day, hell I'm working this morning.

it is sunday dude.....what the hell do you do?

Trigg
12-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I work half day Christmas Eve, off Christmas and I took off the day after.

Work half day New Years Eve and off New Years day.

The half days off are because I took the vacation that way. There are a few of us with kids off at home and we're splitting the days. Hospitals never close and they always need staffing, even the receptionists.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 12:23 PM
I work half day Christmas Eve, off Christmas and I took off the day after.

Work half day New Years Eve and off New Years day.

The half days off are because I took the vacation that way. There are a few of us with kids off at home and we're splitting the days. Hospitals never close and they always need staffing, even the receptionists.

Where I work, a nuke could go of in DC and they might allow you to be late 2 hours

Oh well, it should be slow and easy money

Trigg
12-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Where I work, a nuke could go of in DC and they might allow you to be late 2 hours

Oh well, it should be slow and easy money

Ya, the schedule when I left on Fri was very slow for tomorrow, very few scheduled patients. If the weather cooperates it should be a good morning and I'm off by noon, so really not so bad.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Ya, the schedule when I left on Fri was very slow for tomorrow, very few scheduled patients. If the weather cooperates it should be a good morning and I'm off by noon, so really not so bad.

I hope you can get out early

I am to get out 4 hours early - if the customers cooperate

Merry Christmas to you and your family Trigg

Trinity
12-23-2007, 01:12 PM

I feel ya....I'm getting ready to head in to take care of 2 of my stores today.

red states rule
12-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I feel ya....I'm getting ready to head in to take care of 2 of my stores today.

Hope your stores have some great numbers for you Trinity

Mery Christmas to you and your family

dan
12-23-2007, 05:37 PM
We get Christmas Eve and Day off but that's it. And, we get New Year's Day off. But, since our job requires calling lawyers, we're not going to have much to do anyway, so we have to go in, but it'll be an easy week.

Said1
12-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I have to work Thursday/Friday then off until next Wednesday. With pay. I wanted 10 days off (with pay) but submitted my request too late. :(