PDA

View Full Version : I Never Thought I'd Be Entertained By Maureen Dowd

Kathianne
12-23-2007, 12:21 AM
But she did it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/opinion/23dowd.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&ref=opinion&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

December 23, 2007
Op-Ed Columnist
Savior or Saboteur?
By MAUREEN DOWD

WASHINGTON

Once it was about Hillary, but now, of course, it’s about Bill.

Our ubiquitous ex-president is playing his favorite uxorious game, and it goes like this: Let’s create chaos and then get out of it together. You ride to my rescue or I ride to yours. We come within an inch of dying and then recapture the day by the skin of our teeth. While we’re killing ourselves, we blame everyone else. We’ll be heroes.

It worked for Bill and Hillary in ’92 and ’96. It didn’t work in the health care debacle. Will it work in Iowa and New Hampshire?

Just when I thought I was out, the Clintons pull me back into their conjugal psychodrama.

Inside the Bill gang and the Hillary gang, there is panic and perplexity. Is Bill a loyal spouse or a subconscious saboteur?

Should Hillaryland muzzle him? Give him a minder? Is he rusty? Or is he freelancing because he relishes his role as head of the party his wife is trying to take over?

“For the first time since the Marc Rich pardon,” said a friend of the Clintons, “Bill is seriously diminishing his personal standing with the people closest to him.”