PDA

View Full Version : Arguments for longer campaign cycles

12-23-2007, 04:47 AM
I've been kind of annoyed with the length of this campaign cycle. Let's face it, it began the day after the election in 2006, although many started preparing before then.

But i finally saw a good argument for it. The longer period of time allows the people to see who can hold up under pressure. Those who can't handle it will not be able to make it. And let's face it, the Presidency is a high pressure job. The winner will need to be able to handle it.

Im not saying I think its a good idea. but thats the first good argument ive seen for it. Im not sure its worth the annoying and insane campaigning.

actsnoblemartin
12-23-2007, 04:49 AM
americans can barely handle it right now though :laugh2:

I've been kind of annoyed with the length of this campaign cycle. Let's face it, it began the day after the election in 2006, although many started preparing before then.

But i finally saw a good argument for it. The longer period of time allows the people to see who can hold up under pressure. Those who can't handle it will not be able to make it. And let's face it, the Presidency is a high pressure job. The winner will need to be able to handle it.

Im not saying I think its a good idea. but thats the first good argument ive seen for it. Im not sure its worth the annoying and insane campaigning.