PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Angers some Catholics

12-23-2007, 10:05 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2326769820071223?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

I think Huckabee's instance to play the religion card over and over again rather than debate the issues is really starting to hurt him.

So far he is alienating Mormons and Catholics. Who will he alienate next?

stephanie
12-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty much tired of hearing about his religious morality...

They said Tancredo was a one topic candidate...well The Huckster is a no nothing candidate....except his religion...

No thanks...

12-24-2007, 01:55 AM
he was defending his Christmas add earlier claiming that he is so shocked that people are upset over him mentioning Christ because that is the point of the seaon.

People arent upset over it because he mentions Christmas or Christ. They are upset over it because he is trying to use Christ to get votes for himself.

I think alot of people see right through Huckabee.

Kathianne
12-24-2007, 06:54 AM
I think much is coming out about him, so far he's lucky that it's Christmas so it's not getting the attention it should, saw this, there are links:

http://justbarkingmad.com/?p=2431

Some conservatives will recoil from yet another ethical blind spot of Huckabee….he took from from the stem cell research company Nova Nordisk. Taking money from stem cell researchers isn’t that grave a crime when the cost of running a campaign means that you take just about every legal buck that comes your way. What is really at issue is the money he took from big business as a consultant while still the governor of Arkansas.

Dan Riehl has the details here.

Then there is the Mexican Consulate deal. Basically Huckabee put together a deal where business interests in Arkansas paid for the construction of a Mexican Consulate and then rented it for $1.00 per year. Huckabee claims that it was to improve Arkansas exports. But what a Consulate really does it get work permits. Mexican workers are a mainstay of construction and the poultry industries. And there is a lot of poultry in Arkansas.

Far from being an impoverished Preacher humbly serving his fellow man as Governor, Huckabee made that job pay in ways that must have Team Clinton green with envy. $400,000.00 in 2006 while still serving as governor.

The more you look the more Huckabee looks like yet another Elmer Gantry.

5stringJeff
12-24-2007, 10:05 AM
So Huckabee gives a sermon at a church, and it's somehow bad? I don't get it. He is a minister, after all.

This whole episode reminds me of Dubya speaking at Bob Jones University. Everyone said that it would be a nail in his coffin because of the ban on inter-racial dating at Bob Jones. Turns out that it didn't amount to a hill of beans, and frankly, I doubt this will either.