PDA

View Full Version : Expelled

12-23-2007, 10:13 PM
http://www.expelledthemovie.com/playground.php

I was debating what forum to put this under. I considered the movie section, the religion and ethics section, the science section. But in the end, I think the most appropriate section is this one.

Ben Stein's movie is focused on a very important topic. Not the creation/evolution debate, although it does center itself on that. But a far more important subject for this nation: Freedom to question.

Being a student of history, I think one of the major lessons I've learned is that when people are free to question, they are allowed to grow. I have no desire to return to the dark ages. If we allow anyone in any field to shut down discussion on any topic then we risk losing the very freedom we love and treasure.

If I can afford it, I will go see this. Not because I really care how we are created, but because I care that we are free to question it.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Looks very iteresting......

Yurt
12-24-2007, 09:55 PM
absolutely a must see, if the preview is true of the movie. science is definitely one of the biggest anti-free speech zones in existence. psychology is huge. evolution, archeology, they are all huge. and all play such an important role in our lives.

i can't wait to see how "free" speech really is....