PDA

View Full Version : will smith comments cause contreversy and anger

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Personally, I think we live in a p.c. society and will smiths comments are no big deal to me. and yes, im a jew.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/movie-news-story/ar/_a/smiths-hitler-comment-sparks-anger/20071223190709990001

12-24-2007, 07:58 PM
"Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'let me do the most evil thing I can do today'," said Smith. "I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good'.Stuff like that just needs reprogramming."

Im not seeing the problem here. I have no doubt Hitler did think he was doing what was best for the world. But thats what happens when people think good is evil and evil is good.

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 08:02 PM
even those evil islamic extremists think they are doing whats best for the world.

Its a question of (in my opinion) who wins, not who thinks who is right.

Im not seeing the problem here. I have no doubt Hitler did think he was doing what was best for the world. But thats what happens when people think good is evil and evil is good.

mrg666
12-24-2007, 08:05 PM

bang on

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 08:25 PM
the problem is were more offended by words then actions.

we'll lynch someone for what they say, but make excuses for what they do

(obviously, im making a generalization)

bang on

dan
12-25-2007, 12:23 AM
bang on

I agree, I think (I don't know what 'bang on' means!).

However, I disagree that all Hitler needed was 'reprogramming'. Some people are beyond that, him being near the top of that list.

However, I do vehemently disagree with Will Smith's stance on parents and their lack of understanding. That's what's ruining this country.

82Marine89
12-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Poll Results
What do you think of Will Smith's comments?
No big deal 69% 11,393
Unfortunate 20% 3,221
Inexcusable 11% 1,860

mrg666
12-25-2007, 08:56 AM
I agree, I think (I don't know what 'bang on' means!).

However, I disagree that all Hitler needed was 'reprogramming'. Some people are beyond that, him being near the top of that list.

However, I do vehemently disagree with Will Smith's stance on parents and their lack of understanding. That's what's ruining this country.

bang on ie : on the button \ bullseye or just a good old fashioned i agree
regarding when people think good is evil and evil is good

Originally Posted by avatar4321

KitchenKitten99
12-25-2007, 12:26 PM

I agree. It is those who are looking for any reason to jump on and discredit someone when they take what he said and instead of looking at what he actually said, they chop out half of the words and combine their own sentences for headlines instigating the opposite of what was said.

That article said many presses were churning out headlines that said "Will Smith says Hitler was a good person", when what he said was not remotely close. They all look like idiots though, when people read the whole quote, they realize what he said was not newsworthy afterall.

chesswarsnow
12-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But anyone who thinks everyone is basically good, and trying to do good, when in fact they are doing evil, is to dumb and without a clear thought to discern when they are being dumb.
2. Basically he views are the ramblings of a *Madman*.
3. I didn't know Will Smith was so dumb as hell.
4. Learn new stuff all the time I guess.:coffee:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

dan
12-25-2007, 08:37 PM
bang on ie : on the button \ bullseye or just a good old fashioned i agree

I figured as much. We say 'right on' here in the states.

nevadamedic
12-25-2007, 08:50 PM
I disagree with Will Smith's support of Obama Bin Laden just because he is black.

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 09:02 PM
I dont think will smith is racist, but he is a typical liberal.

Nobody is bad, everyone is good...

well no, some people are just assholes.

some 1% of the time some 100% of the time, and hitler was the 100%.

some people are just born evil, and cant be reprogrammed, criticism that will said something stupid, is fair

criticism that will is racist against jews is completely unfair

any questions

:laugh2:

Sorry bout that,

1. But anyone who thinks everyone is basically good, and trying to do good, when in fact they are doing evil, is to dumb and without a clear thought to discern when they are being dumb.
2. Basically he views are the ramblings of a *Madman*.
3. I didn't know Will Smith was so dumb as hell.
4. Learn new stuff all the time I guess.:coffee:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

mrg666
12-25-2007, 09:08 PM
I figured as much. We say 'right on' here in the states.

i allways saw that as a black 70's cliche .

never mind thats tv for you :laugh2:
or was that right on brother

dan
12-25-2007, 09:36 PM
i allways saw that as a black 70's cliche .

never mind thats tv for you :laugh2:
or was that right on brother

I guess by 'we', I should say hippies. I tend to say 'dude' a lot too. I'm not really a hippie, but I kinda talk like one sometimes, and I party like one!:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 09:39 PM
dude where's my car

:salute:

I guess by 'we', I should say hippies. I tend to say 'dude' a lot too. I'm not really a hippie, but I kinda talk like one sometimes, and I party like one!:laugh2: