PDA

View Full Version : Their is no such thing as free speech

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Because employers can fire you over it, people will verbally and/or physically attack you over it

you can be arrested over it

liberalism has killed any chance of a free exchange of ideas, let alone free speech

thanks liberals, now we have politically correct speech where i have to be my own speech writer, thinking 3-4 or more times before saying it, then maybe not saying it, and still getting in trouble if someone is offended

Yurt
12-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Because employers can fire you over it, people will verbally and/or physically attack you over it

you can be arrested over it

liberalism has killed any chance of a free exchange of ideas, let alone free speech

thanks liberals, now we have politically correct speech where i have to be my own speech writer, thinking 3-4 or more times before saying it, then maybe not saying it, and still getting in trouble if someone is offended

the word "free" is grossly misunderstood in this country. "free" does not mean "absolute." many say this is a "free" country. does that mean anarchy rules?

MtnBiker
12-24-2007, 10:36 PM
What exactly would you want to say that may have you fired by your employer?

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 10:41 PM
my ex-boss is a jerk or lay off

What exactly would you want to say that may have you fired by your employer?

MtnBiker
12-24-2007, 10:44 PM
You want the US Constitution to protect you from calling your boss a jerk without reprimand?

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 10:45 PM
sure, why not? :laugh2:

You want the US Constitution to protect you from calling your boss a jerk without reprimand?

MtnBiker
12-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Are you serious about the topic or not?

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 10:52 PM
yes.

I want to be able to call my boss a jerk, and not be fired.

if my boss is being a jerk why cant i?

Are you serious about the topic or not?

MtnBiker
12-24-2007, 10:56 PM
You can call you boss a jerk all you want, but at your own risk. The consititution will let you do that but it does not protect you from a possible termination. Unless you are violent or threatening about calling him a jerk you will not go to jail for calling him a jerk, see how that works?

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 10:57 PM
yeah

You can call you boss a jerk all you want, but at your own risk. The consititution will let you do that but it does not protect you from a possible termination. Unless you are violent or threatening about calling him a jerk you will not go to jail for calling him a jerk, see how that works?

MtnBiker
12-24-2007, 10:58 PM
So you were just misunderstanding the application of "freedom of speach"?

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2007, 10:59 PM
yeah

So you were just misunderstanding the application of "freedom of speach"?

mrg666
12-24-2007, 11:04 PM
basicly you can say what you like but be prepared for any reprisals ,
the thing is nowadays so many years after the cold war not many folk really appreciate the freedom they have speach or otherwise