PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have 'one' US City they'd like to visit, but havent?

darin
12-25-2007, 04:43 AM
Whilst wasting time watching TV at 1:38a, Xmas morning, 2007, my mind is on travel. I've been fortunate enough to travel a bit in my life - I've seen a few of the larger, and nearly THE largest, cities around the world.

I've also got to visit some of the best US cities. But if I had ONE to pick for a 3 or 4 day visit which would it be?

I'd like to visit San Antonio, TX. Cowboy rustic-type beauty. AND Texas women. :)

I'd also like to see Key West.

Portland, Maine.

New Orleans.

(side note, there are folk on TV now, in Marysville? Maine...hanging a Xmas tree by the water. These guys actually hung CORN from the tree. Yeah...halves of Corn ears. Weird. Whatever floats their boat, I guess).

But if I had to pic just ONE US City? wow.

(OMIGOD...there are little FISH hung from the tree, too!! what weirdos!!)

What'd you pick?

Kathianne
12-25-2007, 04:52 AM
I'd like to visit Charleston, at Christmastime. I'd also like to see Seattle.

darin
12-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Charleston is amazing. Beautiful. I'd live there, if I could. The architecture is inspiring - the city just 'felt' nice. Good. :)

If you visit Seattle, plan your trip in late august for the best chance of good weather. :)

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 08:05 AM
youll love texas, i visited hull, a small town 1 hour east of houston. they are the most wonderful people on earth.

Pale Rider
12-25-2007, 10:07 AM
After driving OTR semi for a year, there was a town or two I DIDN'T want to see again.... like NYC, or L.A..

KitchenKitten99
12-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I'd love to see Honolulu, HI and Big Sky, MT

jackass
12-25-2007, 03:44 PM
I'd like to visit Charleston, at Christmastime. I'd also like to see Seattle.

Come on down Kath!! Cant say I am gonna be here much longer though! :)

jackass
12-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Key West and Portland Maine definately!! I would also like to see Montana and Oregon/Washington area.

Kathianne
12-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Come on down Kath!! Cant say I am gonna be here much longer though! :)

Are you in Charleston? I always thought NJ!

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-25-2007, 05:31 PM
I have been fortunate, and seen all the cities mentioned already....Charleston is one of those places I will be going back to visit.

I have yet to visit Savannah, GA, and hear it is nice.

Of all the places in the world, I have always dreamt of going to St Moritz, Switzerland....not for skiing, but just to go...I don't know why.

In the US, I guess the only place I want to be is with my son....and now that is in Ft Lauderdale, FL....nothing much else matters to me. (and it is convenient for a quick drive down to the Keys for soup and sandwich....)

Yurt
12-25-2007, 05:56 PM
chicago

--the food looks awesome. the different 'hoods' or just downtown.

washington dc

--our nations capital

denver

--mile high club

jackass
12-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Are you in Charleston? I always thought NJ!

I was in NJ...then Va now SC, about 30 mins outside of Charleston. Heading back to Va I think, then hopefully the Poconos, Pa.

nevadamedic
12-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Whilst wasting time watching TV at 1:38a, Xmas morning, 2007, my mind is on travel. I've been fortunate enough to travel a bit in my life - I've seen a few of the larger, and nearly THE largest, cities around the world.

I've also got to visit some of the best US cities. But if I had ONE to pick for a 3 or 4 day visit which would it be?

I'd like to visit San Antonio, TX. Cowboy rustic-type beauty. AND Texas women. :)

Portland, Maine.

New Orleans.

(side note, there are folk on TV now, in Marysville? Maine...hanging a Xmas tree by the water. These guys actually hung CORN from the tree. Yeah...halves of Corn ears. Weird. Whatever floats their boat, I guess).

What'd you pick?

Yup New York, I want to goto the 9/11 site and pay my respects.

I also want to goto several other cities in other countries like the city in France where Jim Morrison is burried and I've gotta see the Luvre and the London Eye.

Yurt
12-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Yup New York, I want to goto the 9/11 site and pay my respects.

I also want to goto several other cities in other countries like the city in France where Jim Morrison is burried and I've gotta see the Luvre and the London Eye.

US city. What don't you understand about that?

dan
12-25-2007, 08:42 PM

Portland, Maine.

New Orleans.

What'd you pick?

I watched the same show last night! It was on around 10, though, not 1.

I'd like to visit Austin, TX and Omaha, NE. Also, Seattle.

dan
12-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I was in NJ...then Va now SC, about 30 mins outside of Charleston. Heading back to Va I think, then hopefully the Poconos, Pa.

Shit, we should get together sometime before you go, you're about 2 hours from me, seems silly to be living in the same relatively small state and never get together!

As for Charleston, like any city, it's got really nice areas and REALLY bad areas. My friend lives in Isle of Palms, which is a very very very nice area, I literally feel uncomfortable there, there's so much money going around. Downtown Charleston is outstanding, I thought about moving there at one time, but almost the entire city (the nice parts) is nothing but historical landmarks, and thus, ridiculously expensive.

nevadamedic
12-25-2007, 09:01 PM
US city. What don't you understand about that?

I did name a US city and a couple out of country, what don't you understand about that?

Yurt
12-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I did name a US city and a couple out of country, what don't you understand about that?

NM, what is it about the thread title that gave you liberty to talk about other countries?

What don't you understand about a thread title? Yeah, I know, you don't like me.

mrg666
12-25-2007, 09:14 PM

Portland, Maine.

New Orleans.

What'd you pick?

what you expect its mfm country
:laugh2:

mrg666
12-25-2007, 09:16 PM
youll love texas, i visited hull, a small town 1 hour east of houston. they are the most wonderful people on earth.

in the uk hull is a large town 25 miles off the coast about 90 miles from me
it was a fishing and whaling centre years ago

nevadamedic
12-25-2007, 09:21 PM
NM, what is it about the thread title that gave you liberty to talk about other countries?

What don't you understand about a thread title? Yeah, I know, you don't like me.

I can talk about whatever I want cupcake. :fu:

actsnoblemartin
12-25-2007, 09:22 PM
sweet, thanks for the info, what do you think of scotland?

i wanna visit its capital and all over the country

and britain too

in the uk hull is a large town 25 miles off the coast about 90 miles from me
it was a fishing and whaling centre years ago

darin
12-26-2007, 12:33 PM

This is about US cities, specifically. :)

Hagbard Celine
12-26-2007, 12:37 PM
New York. Never been there.

Abbey Marie
12-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Puyallup. :)

Immanuel
12-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Do I have to just pick one? Bah!!

For starters I would like to visit Boston, Philadelphia and New York but also Concord NH.

Why Concord? Because of the historical area being where the Revolution began. I would love to spend some quality time in the places history was made.

I'd also like to see Honolulu and Ankorage, AK.

Immie

Abbey Marie
12-26-2007, 01:41 PM

For starters I would like to visit Boston, Philadelphia and New York but also Concord NH.

Why Concord? Because of the historical area being where the Revolution began. I would love to spend some quality time in the places history was made.

Immie

Immie, the revolutionary war town of Concord you are thinking of was/is in Massachusetts. Near Lexington.

The Battles of Lexington and Concord were the first military engagements of the American Revolutionary War.[1] They were fought on April 19, 1775, in Middlesex County, Province of Massachusetts Bay, within the towns of Lexington, Concord, Lincoln, Menotomy (present-day Arlington), and Cambridge, near Boston. The battles marked the outbreak of open armed conflict between the Kingdom of Great Britain and its thirteen colonies in the mainland of British North America.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lexington_and_Concord

dan
12-26-2007, 01:46 PM

Immie

Philadelphia's not all that great. Aside from like 3 landmarks and a cheesesteak, there's nothing much there other than a crowded, dirty city.

Abbey Marie
12-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Philadelphia's not all that great. Aside from like 3 landmarks and a cheesesteak, there's nothing much there other than a crowded, dirty city.

If you have an interest in American Revolutionary War history, those landmarks are quite unique and exciting. Tours given by people in colonial garb are interesting. Also, the Society Hill area is a very pretty walk amongst colonial townhouses. The City Tavern restaurant is from the Revolutionary War era, and they serve beer from original recipes of Jefferson and Franklin. Restaurants on the Delaware river are nice. A side trip to Bucks County/New Hope is a great idea.

Apart from all that, it's basically a blue collar and black city, with neighborhoods like any other city.

dan
12-26-2007, 03:14 PM
If you have an interest in American Revolutionary War history, those landmarks are quite unique and exciting. Tours given by people in colonial garb are interesting. Also, the Society Hill area is a very pretty walk amongst colonial townhouses. The City Tavern restaurant is from the Revolutionary War era, and they serve beer from original recipes of Jefferson and Franklin. Restaurants on the Delaware river are nice. A side trip to Bucks County/New Hope is a great idea.

Apart from all that, it's basically a blue collar and black city, with neighborhoods like any other city.

Non-nerds need not apply.:laugh2:

just kiddin'

Abbey Marie
12-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Non-nerds need not apply.:laugh2:

just kiddin'

[Yoda voice on]Love history, someday you will.[Yoda voice off]

jackass
12-26-2007, 03:22 PM

Dan is soooo right!

Immanuel
12-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Immie, the revolutionary war town of Concord you are thinking of was/is in Massachusetts. Near Lexington.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lexington_and_Concord

Whoops, you're right, hey what can I say? I'm getting old and losing my memory. :) Heck... I'm not going to even consider telling you how long it has been since I took a history class. I was thinking Lexington and Concord. It is that whole area though that I want to see.

So, screw, Concord NH, I want to go to Concord MA.

That is about how I picture Phillie today, but I want to see it for myself.

Immie

mrg666
12-26-2007, 03:24 PM
sweet, thanks for the info, what do you think of scotland?

i wanna visit its capital and all over the country

and britain too

ive got relatives in scotland (edinburgh) and friends in loch lomond
its a very nice place

OCA
12-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Puyallup. :)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Bring your galoshes.

OCA
12-26-2007, 03:39 PM

Philly is a shithole pretty much, completely graffiti covered except for downtown where Rocky ran up the steps. Take it from one it has happened to, you don't ever wanna get lost in Philly without a weapon.

Immanuel
12-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Philly is a shithole pretty much, completely graffiti covered except for downtown where Rocky ran up the steps. Take it from one it has happened to, you don't ever wanna get lost in Philly without a weapon.

I don't ever want to get lost anywhere... at least not without my wife around to ask directions. :D I hate being lost or rather as my ground school teacher used to put it, temporarily misplaced.

Immie

Trigg
12-26-2007, 03:43 PM
We're trying to plan a trip to Vegas next year. My sister went and thought it was interresting just walking around. I'm not a gambler, to cheep, but I'd like to see the sights.

I've never been anywhere in Texas, I have cousins in Wichita Falls.

OCA
12-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I'd like to visit Santa Fe, NM. Its pricey but has an outstanding collection of southwest cuisine restaurants and a great mixture of rugged western lifestyle and art culture.

Also anywhere in Missouri, Arkansas or Louisiana on the Mississippi flyway for duck hunting, its the best in the world there.

Also on the hunting tip......anywhere in Midwest, IL, IA, SD, ND, KS, NE.......pheasant hunting, they are like McDonalds...everywhere.

jimnyc
12-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Chicago
Los Angeles (just to see a Dodgers game)
Honolulu
Ft. Lauderdale (on spring break of course)
Camden, NJ (stolen car capital of the US! LOL)
Seattle
Pittsburgh (been there once, but wasn't long enough)

OCA
12-26-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't ever want to get lost anywhere... at least not without my wife around to ask directions. :D I hate being lost or rather as my ground school teacher used to put it, temporarily misplaced.

Immie

There is a toll plaza on I-95 right next to all the Philly pro sport teams stadiums, on a clear day from the toll plaza if you look at the streets and buildings surrounding that area it is nothing but graffiti from top to bottom including residences.......got lost in there one evening, lucky to have made it out alive, had people banging on my windows trying to sell me rocks and shit.

OCA
12-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Chicago
Los Angeles (just to see a Dodgers game)
Honolulu
Camden, NJ (stolen car capital of the US! LOL)
Seattle
Pittsburgh (been there once, but wasn't long enough)

Hey dumbass, leaving for Hawaii on Jan.29, if you want to be my house boy I can fit you in.

jimnyc
12-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey dumbass, leaving for Hawaii on Jan.29, if you want to be my house boy I can fit you in.

Lucky bastard! Bring the digital and sneak me a few shots of the hotties!

OCA
12-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Lucky bastard! Bring the digital and sneak me a few shots of the hotties!

What you will get instead is a pic of me in my speedo.

Trigg
12-26-2007, 04:11 PM
)

Chubby kids running around in to small bikinis, drinking to much and puking on the sidewalk?????

I was in Daytona during spring break one year and that's all I saw anyway. Bike week now that's interesting, the cops are polite that week, they don't wanna piss off the bikers. During spring break they're rude.

I graduated High School down there, mostly we avoided the beaches during all that, to many tourists.