PDA

View Full Version : Voter ID

Pages : 1 [2]

OCA
12-28-2007, 10:52 PM
and that is the reason why you want the ID cards.... it has nothing to do with fraud, it has to do with winning elections.

thanks for proving my point.:laugh2:

Oh well, if the people who could afford the 7 bucks for the i.d. tended to vote Repub or conservative then that would be a huge fucking bonus.

BTW thanks for agreeing that Demos for the most part couldn't afford the 7 bucks, yours is the party of the underachiever.

OCA
12-28-2007, 10:56 PM
no. absolutely not. driver's licenses should cost money...so should car registration.

What is wrong with seven bucks? It is a poll tax, that is what is wrong.

and intelligence is hardly directly proportional to wealth.... the mere fact that you are using a computer which I assume someone in your family was able to afford is proof of that!

Someone in my family? I'm the fucking patriarch there never served boy, I assume though that yours was a handout from the Salvation Army, no?

How many wealthy dumbasses do you know?:laugh2: This is way too easy..........again.

BoogyMan
12-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Let me throw this back at ya for a second or two....

Why do you think that having an id to say that you are who you say you are when you go in to the polls is important to stop voter fraud?

do you think that illegals that are registered to vote don't have a picture id?

or do you think this will somehow stop illegals from voting?

Because it WON'T....they already have driver's licenses....or other forms of an id with a pic on it....

Do you think that it will stop people from voting in a dead man's place?

picture id's are a dime a dozen and can be forged easily and no one pays that much attention to them at the polls that do require them AND MOST ALL VOTING in a dead man's place is a coordinated effort from someone from within the system that has gathered the names and addresses of the dead and then uses ABSENTEE VOTING to vote in the dead man's spot.

So, WHAT IS IT that makes you think that having an id at the polls is going to do a damn thing about voter fraud?

So basically this boils down to making everyone in the USA get a new id, a national id card with a chip in it of biometrics of some sort to verify that you are who you say you are in order to satisfy you and i find a national id card with the gvt in control of it unacceptable as Ron Paul had noted in the speech of his that I have posted.

What is it that makes you against taking care of fraud in another manner, like the ones that I have suggested?

Is this all about disenfranchising the poor from voting or is it about stopping fraud, or is it about in the guise of a secure vote, forcing all of us in to a National id card?

Why not just tattoo our own citizenship with a number on our right hand or forhead? or implant a chip in us? That's next imo.

jd

Howdy JD,

I do think having to provide a valid ID in order to vote is a badly needed requirement in our voting procedure. The drivers license is a very bad ID to use since it is already being handed out to illegals and the motor voter act and its poor oversight will make sure that illegals vote.

I am not saying that I have all the answers as to what kind of valid ID would work, but am wondering why so many on the left seem determined to make sure we don't get a way to validate voters.

OCA
12-28-2007, 10:58 PM
what would that prove?

and quite frankly, I really don't have any induction docs....I raised my hand in Tecumseh Court on June 26th 1968 and if I received any documentation of it, it is long since gone.

Sure, and I received my Academy Award in 86 and an emmy in 92.

retiredman
12-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Howdy JD,

I do think having to provide a valid ID in order to vote is a badly needed requirement in our voting procedure. The drivers license is a very bad ID to use since it is already being handed out to illegals and the motor voter act and its poor oversight will make sure that illegals vote.

I am not saying that I have all the answers as to what kind of valid ID would work, but am wondering why so many on the left seem determined to make sure we don't get a way to validate voters.

boogy..I am all for phot IDs, as long as anyone who only needs the ID for voting purposes can get it free of charge. I wonder why some many on the right seem so determined to avoid that.

retiredman
12-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Someone in my family? I'm the fucking patriarch there never served boy, I assume though that yours was a handout from the Salvation Army, no?

How many wealthy dumbasses do you know?:laugh2:

If what you say is true, the answer to your question is: at least one.

OCA
12-28-2007, 11:04 PM
boogy..I am all for phot IDs, as long as anyone who only needs the ID for voting purposes can get it free of charge. I wonder why some many on the right seem so determined to avoid that.

Because you guys would be rousting every drunken derelict homeless etc. etc. across America and handing him/her a free i.d. and helping them to mark the candidate with the D next to their name.

OCA
12-28-2007, 11:06 PM
If what you say is true, the answer to your question is: at least one.

*sigh*........anybody else have something better to offer?

retiredman
12-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Because you guys would be rousting every drunken derelict homeless etc. etc. across America and handing him/her a free i.d. and helping them to mark the candidate with the D next to their name.

and in your vision of America, homeless people do not have the right to vote. I understand.

retiredman
12-28-2007, 11:10 PM
*sigh*........anybody else have something better to offer?

you asked a question...I answered it.

moron:lol:

OCA
12-28-2007, 11:14 PM
you asked a question...I answered it.

moron:lol:

A guy who can't handle the heat calls me a moron lol!

I'm just glad it was someone else you were groveling to tonight.

Face it, its the apparent ease with which you excuse corruption that has you in hot water tonight. And no, you do not know if trhose were simple procedural votes or not................not that it matters 1 fucking iota. If you are in committee and unable to push the button yourself you don't vote, simple as that.

From now on i'll refer to you as Lt. Corruption.

JohnDoe
12-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Howdy JD,

If you read through all of my posts on this thread, I have gone in to great depth about the reasons why an id at the polls would not be sufficent to stop the fraud that takes place, and mainly it takes place at the time of registering to vote, AND NOT AT THE POLL ITSELF...primarily because anyone can register to vote the way it is set up now, and I think this is the point that fraud can and should and must be stopped.

I think that states that have passed laws to require a drivers lisense in order to vote at the polls is only a guise to make one think things are all hunky dorey now, which is just a bunch of crud....primarily because more than half the illegals out there probably have driver's licenses already and many states, like my own of Maine, do not even require proof of citizenship, a birth certificate to even get a license....

And most importantlly, ABSENTEE VOTING is where the fraud takes place in voting in a dead man's spot...and yes, the major situations with this fraud over the years has been on the Democratic side and the ONLY WAY to truely stop this is to purge the damn dead people off of the voter rolls when they die and as long as they are left on there, someone is going to figure out a way to get around the system and vote in a dead man's spot....

the simple fix to this would be to purge them from the list when the state issues a death certificate.

and what about everyone else that votes via absentee ballot....what kind of ID'S do they have to show? NONE at this point and I do not see how that can change without eliminating absentee ballots altogether, and that too will eliminate a great deal of truely valid american citizens and legit voters from voting....once an id is required and mandatory in my opinion....but perhaps it could be worked around, like you said, I don't know how everything can be worked out either...

But what I do know is that the fraud does take place at the time of registering and fraud can be eliminated at that point.

like mfm, i don't have a real issue with making one show an id to say who they say they are at the polls, but this will not stop the fraud that is taking place....not if the driver's lisence is the form of identification these new states are using....so then that leads to having some sort of national id card, with some sort of biometrics in it, and chips that can allow the gvt to follow you everywhere, and I am totally against this....TOTALLY!

And also, it will disenfranchise MILLIONS of American citizens from voting right now....millions! While the illegal with the driver's license will be able to vote...that's just not right.

I am in favor of getting rid of the fraud that takes place...it dilutes my vote when someone is voting that is not a citizen or that is dead....but i do not want to disenfranchise other legitimate citizens from voting....unlike what it appears that others want to do.

jd

retiredman
12-28-2007, 11:23 PM
A guy who can't handle the heat calls me a moron lol!

I'm just glad it was someone else you were groveling to tonight.

Face it, its the apparent ease with which you excuse corruption that has you in hot water tonight. And no, you do not know if trhose were simple procedural votes or not................not that it matters 1 fucking iota. If you are in committee and unable to push the button yourself you don't vote, simple as that.

From now on i'll refer to you as Lt. Corruption.

I don't excuse any corruption.

And again....do you honestly think that, if those were votes of substance, and if any of those votes were cast in ways that were against how the legislator being voted for would have cast them himself, that there would not have been a huge uproar?

And again, I am not excusing the practice...I merely suggested that it was not as big a deal as some (you) might make it.

retiredman
12-28-2007, 11:27 PM
and for the record, I certainly want to retract my statements that jimnyc, our omniscient board owner, was a kindergartner. Clearly, he has shown evidence of higher levels of education than that.

BoogyMan
12-28-2007, 11:32 PM
If you read through all of my posts on this thread, I have gone in to great depth about the reasons why an id at the polls would not be sufficent to stop the fraud that takes place, and mainly it takes place at the time of registering to vote, AND NOT AT THE POLL ITSELF...primarily because anyone can register to vote the way it is set up now, and I think this is the point that fraud can and should and must be stopped.

I think that states that have passed laws to require a drivers lisense in order to vote at the polls is only a guise to make one think things are all hunky dorey now, which is just a bunch of crud....primarily because more than half the illegals out there probably have driver's licenses already and many states, like my own of Maine, do not even require proof of citizenship, a birth certificate to even get a license....

And most importantlly, ABSENTEE VOTING is where the fraud takes place in voting in a dead man's spot...and yes, the major situations with this fraud over the years has been on the Democratic side and the ONLY WAY to truely stop this is to purge the damn dead people off of the voter rolls when they die and as long as they are left on there, someone is going to figure out a way to get around the system and vote in a dead man's spot....

the simple fix to this would be to purge them from the list when the state issues a death certificate.

and what about everyone else that votes via absentee ballot....what kind of ID'S do they have to show? NONE at this point and I do not see how that can change without eliminating absentee ballots altogether, and that too will eliminate a great deal of truely valid american citizens and legit voters from voting....once an id is required and mandatory in my opinion....but perhaps it could be worked around, like you said, I don't know how everything can be worked out either...

But what I do know is that the fraud does take place at the time of registering and fraud can be eliminated at that point.

like mfm, i don't have a real issue with making one show an id to say who they say they are at the polls, but this will not stop the fraud that is taking place....not if the driver's lisence is the form of identification these new states are using....so then that leads to having some sort of national id card, with some sort of biometrics in it, and chips that can allow the gvt to follow you everywhere, and I am totally against this....TOTALLY!

And also, it will disenfranchise MILLIONS of American citizens from voting right now....millions! While the illegal with the driver's license will be able to vote...that's just not right.

I am in favor of getting rid of the fraud that takes place...it dilutes my vote when someone is voting that is not a citizen or that is dead....but i do not want to disenfranchise other legitimate citizens from voting....unlike what it appears that others want to do.

jd

I have not claimed that it is the "do all to be all" JD, rather it is a crucial and needed addition. I will firmly stand beside you on the need to protect the vote, but unlike yourself, I don't know that a national ID is the only way that this can be done. It could be done at the state level as long as some consistency from state to state is a part of the system. It would seem JD that you are in the minority on the left of those who will even discuss the idea of providing ID to vote, I am glad to have found you to discuss the issue with.

jimnyc
12-28-2007, 11:32 PM
and for the record, I certainly want to retract my statements that jimnyc, our omniscient board owner, was a kindergartner. Clearly, he has shown evidence of higher levels of education than that.

I guess my PM was too late, as I told you I didn't feel I was owed an apology. I further stated that yes, I escalated childish banter into something it didn't need to be. It's obvious I don't like to be called a pussy and a child, and you don't like the things I said in return. So although I said what needed to be said in PM, since you now stated it publicly, I will too - I apologize for my remarks to MFM that were uncalled for. Again, I wear my emotions on my sleeve and tend to "one up" the next guy when in a nasty flame war, but that doesn't make me right, only a participant.

So now you can all go fuck yourselves. All this fighting has made me tired and I need some beauty sleep so we can do it again tomorrow! :laugh2: :finger3:

82Marine89
12-29-2007, 12:12 AM
I guess my PM was too late, as I told you I didn't feel I was owed an apology. I further stated that yes, I escalated childish banter into something it didn't need to be. It's obvious I don't like to be called a pussy and a child, and you don't like the things I said in return. So although I said what needed to be said in PM, since you now stated it publicly, I will too - I apologize for my remarks to MFM that were uncalled for. Again, I wear my emotions on my sleeve and tend to "one up" the next guy when in a nasty flame war, but that doesn't make me right, only a participant.

So now you can all go fuck yourselves. All this fighting has made me tired and I need some beauty sleep so we can do it again tomorrow! :laugh2: :finger3:

Some beauty sleep? Ever heard of that Van Winkle guy? :poke::laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
12-29-2007, 01:05 AM
excellent thread, the answer is yes

Writing a check for a purchase at the supermarket - need an ID.

Traveling by airplane - need and ID.

Being hired for most jobs - need and ID.

Should voting at the polls require an ID? It would help confirm that the person voting is indeed the person they are supposed to be.

Some state require voter ID to vote, is this fair?

JohnDoe
12-29-2007, 01:33 AM
please read at least the first link and tell me what you think?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/27/AR2005102702171.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/16/AR2005111602504.html

5stringJeff
12-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Please....tell me what your question has to do with the fact that requiring a citizen to purchase a photo ID card solely for the purpose of voting is tantamount to a poll tax?

IDs can be (and are) used for other things besides voting, so paying for a photo ID is not a poll tax.

JohnDoe
12-29-2007, 11:11 AM
IDs can be (and are) used for other things besides voting, so paying for a photo ID is not a poll tax.

Why can't they use their electric bill or their Phone bill with their name and address on it as their ID?

What kind of voter fraud would be stopped by the Photo being on there or it being a paid for, government id than one's own electric bill or birth certificate?

The first time I wrote a check at the grocery store when I was young, my electric bill with my name and address matching my checking account name and address was accepted as a valid id, along with my ssan card or my birth certificate.

Why is it important for you to make it easier for Whites to be able to vote verses Blacks to be able to vote, by changing it now and making it a picture id like a driver's license, of which most whites have to a much greater degree than Blacks have, therefore making Blacks take an extra step of having to NOW get a gvt pictured id?

Did you read the articles above? please take the time to read them Jeff.

Do you and others on here really want to disenfranchise american citizens from voting, or making it much more difficult for some Americans than others to vote?

You are fine with the law because you already own a car and have a drivers license that is accepted as a gvt photo idea but doesn't it make it harder on those American citizens that do not have that driver's license, by making them now have to go and get a new id....when they already have their birth certificates and phone bills and electric bills and ssan cards to show that they are the person that registered to vote?

jd

82Marine89
12-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Why can't they use their electric bill or their Phone bill with their name and address on it as their ID?

What kind of voter fraud would be stopped by the Photo being on there or it being a paid for, government id than one's own electric bill or birth certificate?

The first time I wrote a check at the grocery store when I was young, my electric bill with my name and address matching my checking account name and address was accepted as a valid id, along with my ssan card or my birth certificate.

In San Diego, there have been numerous cases where altered utility bills were used by Mexican Nationals to enroll their kids in American schools. If it can done it for that, it can be done for voting.

Why is it important for you to make it easier for Whites to be able to vote verses Blacks to be able to vote, by changing it now and making it a picture id like a driver's license, of which most whites have to a much greater degree than Blacks have, therefore making Blacks take an extra step of having to NOW get a gvt pictured id?

Are blacks really that illiterate and destitute that they can not get a photo ID? It's time to stop making excuses for folks and start making them responsible and accountable as we whites are.

Do you and others on here really want to disenfranchise american citizens from voting, or making it much more difficult for some Americans than others to vote?

No one wants to disenfranchise voters, that is a liberal catch phrase.

You are fine with the law because you already own a car and have a drivers license that is accepted as a gvt photo idea but doesn't it make it harder on those American citizens that do not have that driver's license, by making them now have to go and get a new id....when they already have their birth certificates and phone bills and electric bills and ssan cards to show that they are the person that registered to vote?

jd

All Americans should be able to prove who they are through proper documentation.

Mr. P
12-29-2007, 11:48 AM
If they can get to the poll they can DAMN sure get to a location to pick-up a FREE ID!

retiredman
12-29-2007, 12:09 PM
If they can get to the poll they can DAMN sure get to a location to pick-up a FREE ID!

I agree wholeheartedly. Free ID's should be made available to citizens who wish to vote. at city hall or whatever other authorized locations government dictates

JohnDoe
12-29-2007, 12:10 PM
In San Diego, there have been numerous cases where altered utility bills were used by Mexican Nationals to enroll their kids in American schools. If it can done it for that, it can be done for voting.

82, please explain to me who would be altering an electric bill to match up their own name THAT IS ALREADY ON THE VOTER ROLLS AS LEGITIMATE? The problem takes place when they register to vote, the illegals should be vetted out at the time of registering to vote. And as mentioned many illegals do have driver's licenses?

Are blacks really that illiterate and destitute that they can not get a photo ID? It's time to stop making excuses for folks and start making them responsible and accountable as we whites are.

Who's making excuses, look at the facts. Did you read the articles I posted above about Georgia? What you are doing is saying I'm ok with this because I already have a gvt id with a pic, a driver's license, but the other guy that does not have one and has not needed one for anything in their lives up to this point, is now required to go out and get one.... you are putting an extra step in there for them that they never needed and never had, in order to vote, can't YOU see this...?

No one wants to disenfranchise voters, that is a liberal catch phrase.

This is PRECISELY what you are doing, you already have a gvt id because you already have a car, but many poor do NOT have a car therefore they do not have a government id with their picture on it, YOU are making THEM take another step, making them go to a dmv and get a photo id in order to now vote, when they had their birth certificates and electric bills and ssan card to prove that the person on the voter roll is themselves?

What in God's name is the reason for doing this? Making them take this EXTRA STEP that YOU did not have to take if it isn't to TRY to disenfranchise them? If you read the article above, you will see that there is NOT ONE DMV OFFICE in the city of Atlanta....do YOU know how many blacks are in Atlanta that don't drive and would have to take a day off work to go get their picture id from a town outside of Atlanta?

This IS DISENFRANCHISEMENT....

And even if I were a Republican I can clearly see that this is disenfranchisement.

All Americans should be able to prove who they are through proper documentation.

What does that mean? When you got your license.... what did you have to show as proof to get it? Your birth certificate? if it is your birth certificate then why can't these people use their birth certificate at the polls as their id, along with a bill with their name and address on it? What does making them go down to the dmv in another town to get a picture id do to the sanctity of their vote that the birth certificate wouldn't do at the polls?

NOTHING but trying to disenfranchise them, making it more difficult for people that do not own cars verse the people that do own cars.

What the heck is "proper identification"? They have gone through their entire lives using their birth certificates and their ssan cards as proper identification???

Please read the article/link I posted above....

And also, SHOWING an id at the polls DOES NOT STOP voter fraud of any sort, there has been no cases of voter fraud ever reported where someone else comes in and uses your name and address and voted for you so that when you came in you could not vote....NONE. (read the article)

And let me REPEAT for the thousandth time the voter fraud TAKES PLACE at the time of registration with the illegals and this is where the focus has to be in order to stop illegals from voting. Do you want to allow them to continue voting and dilluting your own vote????? (Many illegals have a gvt picture id, a driver's license)

And voting of dead people occurs via ABSENTEE BALLOT, do you want to allow this to continue instead of removing their names off the voter rolls when they die.

How will needing a pictured gvt id affect Absentee voting? Will this eliminate absentee voting all together? Will our soldiers and other Americans that live abroad not be allowed to vote via absentee ballot now?

And since many, many illegals ALREADY HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENCE as a pictured gvt id, HOW WILL a pic gvt id stop them from voting at the polls???? HOW?????

I just do not understand why people are insisting on this gvt pic id in order to vote and THINK they are stopping some kind of voter fraud? When it is NOT.

jd

JohnDoe
12-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Let me add to what I have writen above.... Georgia and their new law is a perfect example in my opinion of trying to disenfranchise a sect of their society, from voting by making it HARD for them to get this picture id. Right before they passed their new law, requiring that a birth certificate and ssan card and elctric bill etc was not enough as an id, and requiring them to go out and get a new gvt id card with their picture on it from the DMV, they SHUT DOWN ALL OF THEIR DMV OFFICES in Atlanta....and moved all of their DMV offices outside of Atlanta's city limits.

IF Georgia HAD NOT DONE THIS, and allowed these people to get a paid for pictured gvt voter id card from their local post office or local city office or some place close to where they lived where they could walk or take a SHORT bus ride at the most to get this gvt id, then i would NOT be opposed to it and I would not have viewed this measure of theirs as disenfranchisement. But THIS IS NOT what they did.

And at the same time, how does this stop voter fraud? How does having a driver's license stop voter fraud?

IF IT DOES NOT, as I have shown, then why is everyone so bent out of shape in making this the law? WHAT is the purpose of making this the law, WHILE the real voter fraud can continue to take place, BIGTIME?

Mr. P
12-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Let me add to what I have writen above.... Georgia and their new law is a perfect example in my opinion of trying to disenfranchise a sect of their society, from voting by making it HARD for them to get this picture id. Right before they passed their new law, requiring that a birth certificate and ssan card and elctric bill etc was not enough as an id, and requiring them to go out and get a new gvt id card with their picture on it from the DMV, they SHUT DOWN ALL OF THEIR DMV OFFICES in Atlanta....and moved all of their DMV offices outside of Atlanta's city limits.

IF Georgia HAD NOT DONE THIS, and allowed these people to get a paid for pictured gvt voter id card from their local post office or local city office or some place close to where they lived where they could walk or take a SHORT bus ride at the most to get this gvt id, then i would NOT be opposed to it and I would not have viewed this measure of theirs as disenfranchisement. But THIS IS NOT what they did.

And at the same time, how does this stop voter fraud? How does having a driver's license stop voter fraud?

IF IT DOES NOT, as I have shown, then why is everyone so bent out of shape in making this the law? WHAT is the purpose of making this the law, WHILE the real voter fraud can continue to take place, BIGTIME?

I've been here since 1965 and there has always only been one office 'in' Atlanta proper...it's still there. There are many more surrounding the area (on the bus line).

82Marine89
12-29-2007, 01:07 PM
82, please explain to me who would be altering an electric bill to match up their own name THAT IS ALREADY ON THE VOTER ROLLS AS LEGITIMATE? The problem takes place when they register to vote, the illegals should be vetted out at the time of registering to vote. And as mentioned many illegals do have driver's licenses?

These are Mexican Nationals that are legally allowed to enter our country. Every year our news stations do reports of Mexican kids coming across the San Ysidro and Tecate points of Entry and getting on school buses. If they can alter a utility bill to show residency for schools, what is to stop them from voting?

Who's making excuses, look at the facts. Did you read the articles I posted above about Georgia? What you are doing is saying I'm ok with this because I already have a gvt id with a pic, a driver's license, but the other guy that does not have one and has not needed one for anything in their lives up to this point, is now required to go out and get one.... you are putting an extra step in there for them that they never needed and never had, in order to vote, can't YOU see this...?

This is PRECISELY what you are doing, you already have a gvt id because you already have a car, but many poor do NOT have a car therefore they do not have a government id with their picture on it, YOU are making THEM take another step, making them go to a dmv and get a photo id in order to now vote, when they had their birth certificates and electric bills and ssan card to prove that the person on the voter roll is themselves?

What in God's name is the reason for doing this? Making them take this EXTRA STEP that YOU did not have to take if it isn't to TRY to disenfranchise them? If you read the article above, you will see that there is NOT ONE DMV OFFICE in the city of Atlanta....do YOU know how many blacks are in Atlanta that don't drive and would have to take a day off work to go get their picture id from a town outside of Atlanta?

This IS DISENFRANCHISEMENT....

And even if I were a Republican I can clearly see that this is disenfranchisement.

Not an extra step. The same process as the rest of us.

What does that mean? When you got your license.... what did you have to show as proof to get it? Your birth certificate? if it is your birth certificate then why can't these people use their birth certificate at the polls as their id, along with a bill with their name and address on it? What does making them go down to the dmv in another town to get a picture id do to the sanctity of their vote that the birth certificate wouldn't do at the polls?

NOTHING but trying to disenfranchise them, making it more difficult for people that do not own cars verse the people that do own cars.

That would be fine, but a birth certificate doesn't have an address and a utility bill doesn't have a photo. They are used to get a photo ID which is what I feel should be required for voting.

What the heck is "proper identification"? They have gone through their entire lives using their birth certificates and their ssan cards as proper identification???

In this day and age? A photo ID.

Please read the article/link I posted above....

And also, SHOWING an id at the polls DOES NOT STOP voter fraud of any sort, there has been no cases of voter fraud ever reported where someone else comes in and uses your name and address and voted for you so that when you came in you could not vote....NONE. (read the article)

And let me REPEAT for the thousandth time the voter fraud TAKES PLACE at the time of registration with the illegals and this is where the focus has to be in order to stop illegals from voting. Do you want to allow them to continue voting and dilluting your own vote????? (Many illegals have a gvt picture id, a driver's license)

And voting of dead people occurs via ABSENTEE BALLOT, do you want to allow this to continue instead of removing their names off the voter rolls when they die.

How will needing a pictured gvt id affect Absentee voting? Will this eliminate absentee voting all together? Will our soldiers and other Americans that live abroad not be allowed to vote via absentee ballot now?

And since many, many illegals ALREADY HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENCE as a pictured gvt id, HOW WILL a pic gvt id stop them from voting at the polls???? HOW?????

I just do not understand why people are insisting on this gvt pic id in order to vote and THINK they are stopping some kind of voter fraud? When it is NOT.

jd

Nothing short of photometrics and/or biometrics will deter voter fraud, but requiring a process to prove who you are, a process which doesn't violate your right to vote, should be put in place by the individual states.

JohnDoe
12-29-2007, 04:15 PM
I've been here since 1965 and there has always only been one office 'in' Atlanta proper...it's still there. There are many more surrounding the area (on the bus line).
well mr p, fight it out with the washington post, where I got the info from:

Liberal critics compiled statistics showing that far more white residents owned cars than African Americans. The law, they argued, gave an unfair advantage to white people while placing a burden on those who are black.

On top of that, the state recently reorganized the Department of Motor Vehicles, paring down the number of offices. After the reorganization, there were no DMV offices in Atlanta, a city with a wide black majority. The closest station is at least nine miles away. Fewer than 60 of the state's 159 counties have DMV offices.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/27/AR2005102702171.html

And regarding the comment you made on getting to a local poll, they are precisely that, LOCAL, in your own neighborhood and NOT 9 miles away but usually at your local school, and within walking distance or a very, very short bus ride.

Mr. P
12-29-2007, 05:18 PM
well mr p, fight it out with the washington post, where I got the info from:

And regarding the comment you made on getting to a local poll, they are precisely that, LOCAL, in your own neighborhood and NOT 9 miles away but usually at your local school, and within walking distance or a very, very short bus ride.

Oh hell..all they had to do was google it...address, phone number hours, all right there to see. Some responsible reporting, huh?

As far as local polls go...sorry, they aren't all just around the block here. Never have been.

Sitarro
12-29-2007, 06:45 PM
It is so obvious that democrats want as many illiterate, needy, ignorant and easily bought voters as possible. They won't even turn down the vote of an incarcerated murderer if they can get it. They buy votes with cigarettes, iPods, a fried chicken lunch and a welfare check. Democrats are the party of the useless and the guilt ridden upper class that want to spend your money to help them. If the whinny ass Hollywood dems would pool a fraction of the money they bring in reading other peoples words, they could actually do something for those they pretend to champion.

What is wrong with making sure someone is payed up on their taxes to vote? What is wrong with someone actually having to prove they are who they say they are to vote? What is wrong with a voter in this country actually knowing a language that would allow them to know who or what they were voting for?

Voting may be a right for almost all citizens but there is nothing wrong with those same citizens taking the minimum responsibilities to try to insure that we have semi-real elections.

Imagine a citizenry with knowledge of the issues, knowledge of the candidates real views on the issues that will be handled by them and enough real care to do what it takes to have their vote count.......... what a dream.

JohnDoe
12-29-2007, 06:57 PM
It is so obvious that democrats want as many illiterate, needy, ignorant and easily bought voters as possible. They won't even turn down the vote of an incarcerated murderer if they can get it. They buy votes with cigarettes, iPods, a fried chicken lunch and a welfare check. Democrats are the party of the useless and the guilt ridden upper class that want to spend your money to help them. If the whinny ass Hollywood dems would pool a fraction of the money they bring in reading other peoples words, they could actually do something for those they pretend to champion.

What is wrong with making sure someone is payed up on their taxes to vote? What is wrong with someone actually having to prove they are who they say they are to vote? What is wrong with a voter in this country actually knowing a language that would allow them to know who or what they were voting for?

Voting may be a right for almost all citizens but there is nothing wrong with those same citizens taking the minimum responsibilities to try to insure that we have semi-real elections.

Imagine a citizenry with knowledge of the issues, knowledge of the candidates real views on the issues that will be handled by them and enough real care to do what it takes to have their vote count.......... what a dream.

This post of yours is arrogant, elitist, full of lies and hatefulness towards your fellow citizens and pathetic imo.

Sir Evil
12-29-2007, 06:59 PM
This post of yours is arrogant, elitist, full of lies and hatefulness towards your fellow citizens and pathetic imo.

:rolleyes:

......Speaking of pathetic

JohnDoe
12-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Oh hell..all they had to do was google it...address, phone number hours, all right there to see. Some responsible reporting, huh?

As far as local polls go...sorry, they aren't all just around the block here. Never have been.
yeah, you are right, after you mentioned it i did a google and found the one office almost immediately!

I wonder if they are also wrong about only 60 of 159 counties have a dmv office? Gonna try to check that next.... :(

jd

82Marine89
12-29-2007, 07:04 PM
City of Atlanta, Georgia DMV location (http://www.dds.ga.gov/locations/dllocations.aspx?csc=50)

Kathianne
12-29-2007, 07:18 PM

Actually all those things happen regularly in Chicago and are reported. So are the giveaways on garbage cans, seriously. :cheers2:

Sitarro
12-29-2007, 07:45 PM

In what way? What was stated by me that wasn't true.

I don't claim the asswipes that don't care or respect themselves enough to do something, anything, with their lives. If you don't contribute to society, if all you do is suck off society's proverbial teat, you aren't a fellow citizen.

If you want to play nanny to all of these useless jerks, do it with your own money on your own time.

Mr. P
12-29-2007, 08:19 PM
yeah, you are right, after you mentioned it i did a google and found the one office almost immediately!

I wonder if they are also wrong about only 60 of 159 counties have a dmv office? Gonna try to check that next.... :(

jd

Check the date of the article...things change.

JohnDoe
12-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Actually all those things happen regularly in Chicago and are reported. So are the giveaways on garbage cans, seriously. :cheers2:
Do you remember once, it might have been usmb if it wasn't here, when you spoke about "the machine" and i said back to you, something like heck, if I lived in the chicago area I think that I would be a republican too....and i think you repped me for it if memory serves....

Anyway, I suppose that the Chicago area is just awful when it comes to politics, but to blanketly blame everyone of us Democrats, as though the whole country is like your arena of corruption, is uncalled for and to wish that only smart, good holding job Americans is as elitist, arrogant, pathetic and whole heartedly unAmerican as it comes to me...

and the rest of his post is spitting on to me and on to my family, and on to my friends and on to my past coworkers throughtout this country....

That's simply unacceptable to me and it should be to all of you in my opinion.

And you all complain about TM, and rightfully so when she puts "all of you" in to the same category yet people like Sitarro and a couple of others on this board do it all the time...

And i am not in any way speaking of you Kathianne so please don't think this...they know who they are....

:salute:

jd

Sir Evil
12-29-2007, 09:45 PM
and the rest of his post is spitting on to me and on to my family, and on to my friends and on to my past coworkers throughtout this country....

That's simply unacceptable to me and it should be to all of you in my opinion.

And you all complain about TM, and rightfully so when she puts "all of you" in to the same category yet people like Sitarro and a couple of others on this board do it all the time...

jd

Wake up and smell the shit you are shoveling pigeon, this is exactly the attitude you employed towards others at another forum.

TM is a dumb fucker, and deserves any flack she gets. You are just a self centered, think you are just a cut above the rest biotch that needs to pull her head out of the ass of the high horse you think you are on.

Now before you talk about lumping people into a category think about where your dumbass "I'm a Dove" bullshit originates from. Turnabout really sucks, doesn't it?

Immanuel
12-30-2007, 10:34 AM

It is not any different than your incessant lies and harping that Republicans want to disenfranchise minority votes.

Anyway, I suppose that the Chicago area is just awful when it comes to politics, but to blanketly blame everyone of us Democrats, as though the whole country is like your arena of corruption, is uncalled for

Is that supposed to be any different than you blanketly [sic] blaming all Republicans for disenfranchising minority votes? You're right about one thing... blaming everyone on the other side is uncalled for... too bad you don't practice what you preach.

Immie

JohnDoe
12-30-2007, 02:43 PM
It is not any different than your incessant lies and harping that Republicans want to disenfranchise minority votes.

I am saying that it is possible and if I did not come off as though it is possible that this was not taking place as an option... then i am sorry, but based on what I have read... this could be the case....yes, you are right sort of :)... to a degree Immanuel.

And besides I am not going to represent the side of the majority on this site, on this issue, I am basically playing Devil's advocate and learning from the process of what is important for the ones that differ. I may come back at them, trying to shoot down or basically playing the previously mentioned "advocate", only to try to learn more, and hopefully for others to learn more about what some on the other "side" may think. There's nothing wrong with this, imo!

Peace!

Is that supposed to be any different than you blanketly [sic] blaming all Republicans for disenfranchising minority votes? You're right about one thing... blaming everyone on the other side is uncalled for... too bad you don't practice what you preach.

Immie

Again, I don't know why you would think that I was putting all republicans in the one case regarding Georgia and the links for that and by no means was I blaming all Republicans for this being the case?

Nor am I blaming the republicans not in power themselves... because if I were them, I would probably doubt that my own party would do something like "that"....it's only natural for us regular folk to take a side or act this way, no matter what side of the aisle one stands on becasue we would never do some of the things our politicians have done, who represent us!

If I implied otherwise then I apologize.

Peace, immanuel!

The Season is Upon Us!

:cheers2:

jd

MtnBiker
03-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I realize this is an old thread and there are many members in this thread that are no longer posting here. However it is quite interesting on how opposed some on the left where to the idea of voter id requirements based on the cost of purchasing an id card. It makes me wonder if those same people are opposed to the proposed healthcare legislation based on the mandated requirement to purchase healthcare insurance.

Forced to buy an id at a cost of less then $20 bucks, consequence of not buying an id, can't vote.

Forced to buy health insurance at a cost of hundreds or thousands of dollars, consequence of not buying insurance, fines and or jail time.

Hmmmmmmmm

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 02:33 PM
some can't afford it, make it free and I am all for requiring id.

Mr. P
03-17-2010, 03:22 PM
some can't afford it, make it free and I am all for requiring id.

Georgia Identification Card for Voting Purposes

Click here if you are not a US citizen

Georgia law provides for the issuance of a free identification card to citizens eighteen (18) and over who are registered voters. In order to be eligible for a free identification card, the voter must have no acceptable proof of identity to use when voting. These free identification cards are issued at all Customer Service Centers and are valid for ten (10) years.

They still opposed it.

Binky
03-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Writing a check for a purchase at the supermarket - need an ID.

Traveling by airplane - need and ID.

Being hired for most jobs - need and ID.

Should voting at the polls require an ID? It would help confirm that the person voting is indeed the person they are supposed to be.

Some state require voter ID to vote, is this fair?

Why not? Most states require you to have a voters registration anyway. I see nothing wrong with it. Without any form of ID any illegal can walk in and vote. It isn't going to futher the powers that be to search for me if they wanted me. My drivers lic. would aim them in my direction all by itself.....Actually, why not just combine it with our drivers lic.? That way it wouldn't cost much more....

MtnBiker
01-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Many of the arguments remain, here is some new evidence in the voter id question;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-uVhhIlPk0&feature=player_embedded</EMBED>

By the way, I wonder how those poor and minorities are coming along with their clogged drains in Chicago?

ConHog
01-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Line up every politician who is resisting The Real ID Act from being enforced and punch them in the face. 38 states take voluntarily comply now, the other 12 should be forced to.