PDA

View Full Version : A Hunter endorsement

Abbey Marie
12-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Endorsement of Hunter from Senator Bob smith of NH. Here follows part of the email he sent to supporters:

I had the enormous privilege to serve with Congressman Hunter for 18 years in Congress. He has been my personal friend for nearly 25 years. I can personally attest that he is a man of impeccable moral and family values, a great patriot and a leader. I have seen him fight even when others were prepared to give up. Congressman Hunter inspired me and many other young conservatives in the 1980s to continue the fight even when it was bleak. This has not been an easy campaign for Congressman Hunter. While he has been out on the campaign trail his son has been serving in Iraq and the Hunters lost their entire home in the recent fires in Southern California. He has been largely ignored by the pollsters and the media. I urge the people of New Hampshire to send a message to the pollsters and the Washington media elite. The people elect a President not the pollsters! You have the opportunity to do for the nation what you did when you elected President Reagan in 1980 by sending Duncan Hunter out of New Hampshire with a big win and on to the White House in January of 2009! Can you imagine listening to CNN and all of the talking heads trying to explain how they were wrong as Hunter claimed victory? Wouldn't that be worth the price of admission? You can make it happen with your vote in January! Do not be intimidated by these spinmasters. You control the destiny of America and not them!

The American people need to take control of this country. We are a republic, not a democracy. We elect leaders to stand up for us as they make decisions. Duncan Hunter has proven that he can lead. He has been tested. If given the chance as President, he will inspire people, young and old, to rally to our nation in this time of need. Congressman Duncan Hunter for 25 years has stood up for the rights of the unborn, to balance the budget, to cut the pork out of the spending bills, to strengthen our national defense by supporting our troops and providing them the weapons they need, to seal off our borders by building a fence along the US/Mexican border and to keep American jobs in America. He is a known entity. You do not have to guess about what he might do on these critical threats to our security. Imagine President Duncan Hunter leading our nation and using the "bully pulpit" to lead on these issues! I am proud to support this great American patriot for President. If you really want to see change, then I urge you to vote for him. He is what American needs now more than ever! Thank you!

Senator Bob Smith
Tuftonboro, N.H. and Sarasota, Florida

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Duncan Hunter is my 1st choice but the media gives him the least amount of air time. they even give the KOOK Ron Paul more air time

5stringJeff
12-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Bob Smith of NH was the guy who left the GOP to make an independent run in 2004, then changed his mind about a month later. This endorsement won't win Hunter any more friends within the GOP.

12-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Do you think Hunter is going to be in the race after the end of next week?

5stringJeff
12-27-2007, 04:29 PM
He won't be around for Super Tuesday.

DrJohn
12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
He won't be around for Super Tuesday.

Agreed. I'm suprised he didn't quit around the time Tancreado did.

gabosaurus
12-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Most Americans have no clue who Hunter is. He draws the same blank stares that Richardson does.

Abbey Marie
12-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Most Americans have no clue who Hunter is. He draws the same blank stares that Richardson does.

Sadly, I think this is true.