PDA

View Full Version : what country would you like to visit

mrg666
12-26-2007, 03:30 PM
America is top of my list (New York ) but finances keep me from doing it , im trying to get my mortgage paid off its a rapid mortgage plan designed to be paid off fast , but i think im missing something :laugh2:

Trigg
12-26-2007, 03:37 PM
America is top of my list (New York ) but finances keep me from doing it , im trying to get my mortgage paid off its a rapid mortgage plan designed to be paid off fast , but i think im missing something :laugh2:

Why New York?? Maybe it's just me, but I have no desire to visit that city. For the history alone I'd suggest Raleigh-Duram NC. Beautiful state.

I'd like to see Germany or Ireland next. I'm a sucker for churches and castles.

KitchenKitten99
12-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Why New York?? Maybe it's just me, but I have no desire to visit that city. For the history alone I'd suggest Raleigh-Duram NC. Beautiful state.

I actually liked NYC. It was plenty fun and lots to see and do. I loved visiting Ellis Island. Of course, my last visit there was over 10 years ago, so it was pre-9/11, but we got to visit the WTC at night.

I would love to first visit Australia and then tour the UK and Ireland.

OCA
12-26-2007, 04:14 PM
I actually liked NYC. It was plenty fun and lots to see and do. I loved visiting Ellis Island. Of course, my last visit there was over 10 years ago, so it was pre-9/11, but we got to visit the WTC at night.

Trust me, 1 visit to Manhattan is not enough time unless you plan on spending 6 months there. There is just so much to do, so many things to see and each neighborhood has its own flavor, hell i've been to the East Village like 3 times now and I still ain't done.

Trigg
12-26-2007, 04:19 PM

To many people!! I don't even like spending much time in Chicago, everyone rushing to get somewhere, driving like idiots, no thanks.

Flew over it one time and landed in at Heathrow, that's enough for me. To many people.

mrg666
12-26-2007, 04:24 PM

i live in a big city so the people (the amount ) dont bother me , i guess ive seen it so many times on the tv thats why id love to go. there are a few folk that live in the area ish id like to visit as well .

Abbey Marie
12-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Trust me, 1 visit to Manhattan is not enough time unless you plan on spending 6 months there. There is just so much to do, so many things to see and each neighborhood has its own flavor, hell i've been to the East Village like 3 times now and I still ain't done.

You'll have to visit the Village again then, this time with me- I lived there for a while. :)

Kathianne
12-26-2007, 06:05 PM
i live in a big city so the people (the amount ) dont bother me , i guess ive seen it so many times on the tv thats why id love to go. there are a few folk that live in the area ish id like to visit as well .

I'm with you. I love the big cities, especially Chicago. As OCA mentioned, so much to do and see. While eating and shopping may be expensive, one can spend days without much money for entertainment. Most museums have free days, kids always free or low cost, student discounts, etc. Window shopping costs nothing, being with the crowds is fun.

Anyone that comes this way to visit, give me a holler, like Abbey I'll go see most any restaurant or museum for the umpteenth time. An interesting one in Chicago is 'the Freedom Museum' on Michigan Blvd., it's all about the First Amendment. My personal two favs, can't stop at one: Field Museum of Natural History and the Art Institute of Chicago.

OCA
12-26-2007, 06:19 PM
You'll have to visit the Village again then, this time with me- I lived there for a while. :)

Absolutely, name the time!(preferably when the weather gets better):cool:

jackass
12-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Ireland, Australia and South Africa are tops for me!! Great White cage shark diving for me!! :)

Abbey Marie
12-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Ireland would be nice to see. My husband would like to do the Scotch trail in (of course) Scotland. I'd love to see some of Italy (Sorrento, Capri, the Vatican).

And the beautiful Canadian Rockies.

OCA
12-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Not a 1 of you has mentioned the statistical #1 vacation spot in all of Europe, the Greek Isles.

The wet and damp British Isles, don't see the attraction besides that its green or if you are a golfer.

PostmodernProphet
12-26-2007, 08:03 PM
based on photos I have seen, some places I would like to visit.....

New Zealand....

http://www.globusjourneys.com/Common/Images/Destinations/new-zealand1.jpg

Ireland....
http://www.homesgofast.com/ireland/images/irish-property-ireland-homes.jpg

and China....

http://www.bestpicturegallery.com/Guilin-China-LiRiver-monkeytime-best-picture-gallery.jpg

mrg666
12-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Not a 1 of you has mentioned the statistical #1 vacation spot in all of Europe, the Greek Isles.

The wet and damp British Isles, don't see the attraction besides that its green or if you are a golfer.

england is very nice in june july time (lol)
ive been to greece its very nice

Kathianne
12-26-2007, 08:29 PM
england is very nice in june july time (lol)
ive been to greece its very nice

I'd like to visit UK and the old Soviet bloc countries. Especially Austria, Poland, and Slovak countries.

mrg666
12-26-2007, 08:37 PM
I'd like to visit UK and the old Soviet bloc countries. Especially Austria, Poland, and Slovak countries.

you know these days with a 20 mile drive to the airport i could do all the old east block countries for about £60 return roughly $120 its madness i dont go.
so cheap .

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-26-2007, 08:52 PM
As mentioned before I would like to go to St Moritz someday.

Been to UK, Denmark, Holland, Korea, Japan, Australia, Mexico and Germany.....

Going to the Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Bahamas and Belize before 2008 is done....hopefully.

Classact
12-26-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd like to visit UK and the old Soviet bloc countries. Especially Austria, Poland, and Slovak countries.I'm with you... I've been to Austria and it is nice but I'd love to go to Prague more than any place in the world... I watched a travel channel show about it and it was fascinating... I lived on the former Chez border when the wall was still up and watched the trucks coming in through the border crossing... it was the period when 007 still made sense and my former father-in-law, a German man told me about his former homeland of Prague... he was but a boy when WWII went down and he carried coffee for the soldiers, German or Americans as the war front moved... He said the Americans gave him a horse and a cart full of coal and sugar at the end of the war and it's value turned out to be more than gold and he had the good mind to move east as the wall was being put up. He became a multimillionaire with his leg up from the Americans but had always missed his homeland of Prague...

gabosaurus
12-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I used to have a list of countries that I wanted to visit. Then I visited them -- Australia, England, Germany and Italy.
I've been to New York a few times. It is vastly inferior to Los Angeles.

dan
12-27-2007, 11:52 AM
I used to have a list of countries that I wanted to visit. Then I visited them -- Australia, England, Germany and Italy.

Spoken like a true west-coaster.

NYC is the greatest city in the country, by far.

82Marine89
12-27-2007, 12:07 PM

Having grown up in NYC, I took it for granted until I left in 1982. Now when I visit my family, I feel like a tourist. I have been to;

Mexico
Canada
Japan
Philippines
Guam
Thailand
Korea
Hong Kong
Taiwan
Diego Garcia
Italy

Before I visit another country, there are still 14 of these great United States I want to visit.

jackass
12-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Oh yeah.....The Virgin Islands. I would love to go there. I always wanted to take 2 or 3 months off, rent an RV and drive cross country. No agendas, no maps. Just go out and drive. Let the country show me where to go.

dan
12-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Oh yeah.....The Virgin Islands. I would love to go there. I always wanted to take 2 or 3 months off, rent an RV and drive cross country. No agendas, no maps. Just go out and drive. Let the country show me where to go.

I don't think you can drive to the Virgin Islands, there, Magellian.:poke:

:D

jackass
12-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I don't think you can drive to the Virgin Islands, there, Magellian.:poke:

:D

I meant.....drive across THIS country!!

I can see where my wording mixed you up ....Fucker! :laugh2:

Mr. P
12-27-2007, 05:44 PM
what country would you like to visit

Miami....it used to be part of the USA. :laugh2:

OCA
12-27-2007, 09:33 PM

L.A. is a shithole, the whole thing from the friggin grapevine to Orange County, its the armpit of California.

It doesn't even compare culturally to New York, its light years behind.

5stringJeff
12-27-2007, 10:41 PM
The Greatest American City debate would be a great spinoff thread.

Of the places 've not been, I'd like to visit (in no particular order):
Ireland
Italy
Czech Republic
Poland
Greece
Israel
South Africa
Germany
Estonia
Russia