PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming Will Save America from the Right...Eventually

stephanie
12-26-2007, 09:19 PM
:laugh2:and they call conservatives hateful..

by Dave Lindorff

The future political map of America is likely to look a lot different, with much of the so-called “red” state region either gone or depopulated.Sat., 12/22/2007 - 19:21—Say what you will about the looming catastrophe facing the world as the pace of global heating and polar melting accelerates. There is a silver lining.

The area that will by completely inundated by the rising ocean—and not in a century but in the lifetime of my two cats—are the American southeast, including the most populated area of Texas, almost all of Florida, most of Louisiana, and half of Alabama and Mississippi, as well as goodly portions of eastern Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. While the northeast will also see some coastal flooding, its geography is such that that aside from a few projecting sandbars like Long Island and Cape Cod, the land rises fairly quickly to well above sea level. Sure, Boston, New York and Philadelphia will be threatened, but these are geographically confined areas that could lend themselves to protection by Dutch-style dikes. The West Coast too tends to rise rapidly to well above sea level in most places. Only down in Southern California towards the San Diego area is the ground closer to sea level.

So what we see is that huge swaths of conservative America are set to face a biblical deluge in a few more presidential cycles.

Then there’s the matter of the Midwest, which climate experts say is likely to face a permanent condition of unprecedented drought, making the place largely unlivable, and certainly unfarmable. The agribusinesses and conservative farmers that have been growing corn and wheat may be able to stretch out this doomsday scenario by deep well drilling, but west of the Mississippi, the vast Ogallala Aquifer that has allowed for such irrigation is already being tapped out. It will not be replaced.

Snip:
The important thing is that we, on the higher ground both actually and figuratively, need to remember that, when they begin their historic migration from their doomed regions, we not give them the keys to the city. They certainly should be offered assistance in their time of need, but we need to keep a firm grip on our political systems, making sure that these guilty throngs who allowed the world to go to hell are gerrymandered into political impotence in their new homes.

read the rest..
http://www.baltimorechronicle.com/2007/122407Lindorff.shtml

AFbombloader
12-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Look who wrote this trash,

About the author: Philadelphia journalist Dave Lindorff is a 34-year veteran, an award-winning journalist, a former New York Times contributor, a graduate of the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, a two-time Journalism Fulbright Scholar, and the co-author, with Barbara Olshansky, of a well-regarded book on impeachment, The Case for Impeachment. His work is available at www.thiscantbehappening.net.
He comes from the college that let the idiot from Iran on stage. I am not surprised by the garbage he is spewing. So much for loving your fellow man. Isn't Philly the city of brotherly love?

AF:salute:

gabosaurus
12-26-2007, 11:15 PM
:rolleyes:

12-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Well, other than the fact that there is absolutely no evidence provided to support his assertions, the article is rather amusing.

I think ill take my chances

stephanie
12-27-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm just wondering if Mr. LindORFF....had an orgasm as he wrote this..:coffee:

PostmodernProphet
12-27-2007, 07:00 AM
this is going to screw up everything.....I have been in favor of global warming because I thought the oceans were going to rise and all the big cities along the coast that were controlled by Democrats were going to be submerged, destroying their voting base.....it's going to suck if conservatives are affected too........

red states rule
12-27-2007, 07:02 AM
I'm just wondering if Mr. LindORFF....had an orgasm as he wrote this..:coffee:

If he did, he probably bought carbon offsets from Al Gore's company

stephanie
12-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Mr. LindORFF also forgets one very big thing...

A lot of guns are owned by RED STATERS...and we're not afraid to fight for our country...:laugh2:

red states rule
12-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Mr. LindORFF also forgets one very big thing...

A lot of guns are owned by RED STATERS...and we're not afraid to fight for our country...:laugh2:

and we red staters follow all the gun safety rules