PDA

View Full Version : The 2008 primaries -- who really cares?

gabosaurus
12-27-2007, 12:21 AM
While eating some incredible Mexican food in East Los Angeles earlier this week, I sat listening to a friend of my brother in law make remarkable sense.
As a recently naturalized citizen (some Mexican immigrants actually go to the trouble of becoming citizens), he couldn't believe how worked up some Americans get about politics. Almost a year before the elections and folks trying to deem their candidate to be more suitable than the other.
His idea -- laugh at the early primaries, and the various candidates busting their guts (and spending millions) trying to impress people in New Hampshire and Iowa. The pretenders are going to fade away. Others are going to implode.
Eventually, only two will remain, and you vote for the one you like most (or dislike the least).

The less time you spend worrying about politics, the more time you have to eat good food and take siestas. :)

12-27-2007, 03:16 AM
yeah, some of us actually care about the path this nation takes. We actually give a damn about the community.

stephanie
12-27-2007, 03:19 AM
Aaaa yes...to be 23 again...:poke:

Hagbard Celine
12-27-2007, 10:14 AM
yeah, some of us actually care about the path this nation takes. We actually give a damn about the community.

Wow. You're so much better than me. Where do I line up to kiss your ass? :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
12-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Aaaa yes...to be 23 again...:poke:

At 23, you still care enough to have original thoughts. Passe, right?

Abbey Marie
12-27-2007, 12:25 PM
I agree about the waste in spending millions on the primaries, but taking pride in being uninvolved and cynical makes little sense.

Hagbard Celine
12-27-2007, 12:47 PM
It's bullsh*t that the primaries are judged based on Iowa. Basically any candidate who tells the truth and acknowledges that ethanol is a rip-off is going to tank in Iowa. So if a candidate is winning in Iowa, you can bet they're full of sh*t.