PDA

View Full Version : Senator McCain's Statement On The Death Of Benazir Bhutto

nevadamedic
12-28-2007, 02:15 AM
WASHINGTON, DC - Senator McCain (R-Ariz.) today released the following statement on the death of Pakistani opposition leader Benazir Bhutto:

"I was deeply saddened today to learn about the death of Pakistani opposition leader Benazir Bhutto. My deepest condolences go out to the family and supporters of this remarkable woman, an individual who paid the ultimate price for her embrace of moderation and rejection of extremism.

"The death of Benazir Bhutto underscores yet again the grave dangers we face in the world today and particularly in countries like Pakistan, where the forces of moderation are arrayed in a fierce battle against those who embrace violent Islamic extremism.

"Given Pakistan's strategic location, the international terrorist groups that operate from its soil, and its nuclear arsenal, the future of that country has deep implications for the security of the United States and its allies. America must stand on the right side of this ongoing struggle.

"In my numerous visits to Pakistan - to Islamabad, to Peshawar, even to the tribal areas of Waziristan - I have seen first hand the many challenges that face the political leadership there, challenges so graphically portrayed by today's tragedy. There are, in Pakistan, brave individuals who seek to lead their country away from extremism and instability and into the light of a better day. America, I believe, must do all we can to support them."

www.johnmccain.com

Senator McCain is right on the money here. We need to be more involved with Pakistan and the fact that they have quite a few nuclear weapons that could very easily fall into Al Quaeda's hands.

darin
12-28-2007, 03:42 AM
quoting an etire piece w/o direct link to the source (the 'page' it's from doesn't count) is a violation of board rules