PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of fraudulent voting...

jimnyc
12-28-2007, 07:44 AM
This is absolutely despicable, and no excuse is worth it IMO.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eG6X-xtVask&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eG6X-xtVask&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

5stringJeff
12-28-2007, 08:22 AM
:wtf:

Nukeman
12-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!!!

This goes to prOve what I have said all along. Every freaking politician out there is a crooked piece of shit.

We need to stopo allowing politics to be a career and go back to being a "PUBLIC SERVICE"

HORRIBLE, CRIMINAL, UNETHICAL, IMMORAL

12-28-2007, 01:49 PM
nothing has ever made me want to a start a revolution more than this... its disgusting and horrible.

82Marine89
12-28-2007, 02:56 PM
The people of Texas need to demand the resignation of the politicians that were involved in this.

retiredman
12-28-2007, 03:13 PM
my guess is that these are, for the most part, procedural votes and not enactments...and I would also guess that those legislators had the approval of those fellow representatives whose buttons they were pushing. I do not share the righteous indignation of many of you.

jimnyc
12-28-2007, 03:35 PM
my guess is that these are, for the most part, procedural votes and not enactments...and I would also guess that those legislators had the approval of those fellow representatives whose buttons they were pushing. I do not share the righteous indignation of many of you.

I'll leave aside the argument for fraud right now, but doesn't it bother you that alone it is against the chambers bylaws? If they aren't willing to follow their own guidelines set up to ensure accuracy and avoid fraud, what else are they willing to toss aside?

If I have a handful of friends who tell me who they are going to vote for, you have no problem with me going to the polls and casting their votes for them?

mrg666
12-28-2007, 04:15 PM

so you are saying you are more than happy with rules for us and rules for them !.
it's hippocracy , and the principle of it alone should be enough to outrage anyone .

LiberalNation
12-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Wow, you best be quick if ya wana vote there. It a who can push the buttons faster race.

OCA
12-28-2007, 04:24 PM

Why does this response not surprise me in the least bit?

retiredman
12-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I'll leave aside the argument for fraud right now, but doesn't it bother you that alone it is against the chambers bylaws? If they aren't willing to follow their own guidelines set up to ensure accuracy and avoid fraud, what else are they willing to toss aside?

If I have a handful of friends who tell me who they are going to vote for, you have no problem with me going to the polls and casting their votes for them?

I think they should change the rules for that body....

As I said, I am fairly certain that those votes were procedural in nature and not any enactments of bills. But go ahead and be outraged at the silly choreography in the Texas Statehouse and continue to ingore the fact that we invaded a sovereign country that had not attacked us and now, five years later, still occupy that country at enormous expense. After this, let's find some corrupt dog catchers in Olathe, KS and get all in an uproar about them too... these are the issues that really MATTER, aren't they? ;)

jimnyc
12-28-2007, 07:33 PM
I think they should change the rules for that body....

As I said, I am fairly certain that those votes were procedural in nature and not any enactments of bills. But go ahead and be outraged at the silly choreography in the Texas Statehouse and continue to ingore the fact that we invaded a sovereign country that had not attacked us and now, five years later, still occupy that country at enormous expense. After this, let's find some corrupt dog catchers in Olathe, KS and get all in an uproar about them too... these are the issues that really MATTER, aren't they? ;)

What in the hell does Iraq have to do with this thread? Is that the best argument you can come up with when you can't defend their actions?

And how do you know for sure it's "choreography" and no fraud has taken place? Don't you think maybe they have the rules in place for a reason? Or are you of the belief that rules are ok to break? And how do you decide which ones are ok to break and which aren't?

These people are being paid nicely by taxpayers. Taxpayers expect them to be doing a certain job for the money. Cutting corners and bending a few rules isn't what we're paying them to do.

And whether you believe it is choreography or not is irrelevant. Whether it's procedural or not is irrelevant, not to mention you're just assuming so. It's against everything we believe in AND against the chambers rules for voting. To excuse these actions are despicable in my opinion.

stephanie
12-28-2007, 07:46 PM
All our government...is corrupted to the bone..disgusting

retiredman
12-28-2007, 07:52 PM
What in the hell does Iraq have to do with this thread? Is that the best argument you can come up with when you can't defend their actions?

And how do you know for sure it's "choreography" and no fraud has taken place? Don't you think maybe they have the rules in place for a reason? Or are you of the belief that rules are ok to break? And how do you decide which ones are ok to break and which aren't?

These people are being paid nicely by taxpayers. Taxpayers expect them to be doing a certain job for the money. Cutting corners and bending a few rules isn't what we're paying them to do.

And whether you believe it is choreography or not is irrelevant. Whether it's procedural or not is irrelevant, not to mention you're just assuming so. It's against everything we believe in AND against the chambers rules for voting. To excuse these actions are despicable in my opinion.

I think that, if any representative had had a vote cast on their behalf that was NOT to their liking, there would have made a HUGE issue of it.

and go back and read the first sentence in post #11.

Have you ever worked for a state legislature? Do you have any idea how over worked and under paid most of them are? Walk a mile in their moccasins before you get all sanctimonious.

jimnyc
12-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I think that, if any representative had had a vote cast on their behalf that was NOT to their liking, there would have made a HUGE issue of it.

and go back and read the first sentence in post #11.

Have you ever worked for a state legislature? Do you have any idea how over worked and under paid most of them are? Walk a mile in their moccasins before you get all sanctimonious.

And yet in the other thread you write:

you seem to like the idea of government bending rules....

I'll bet when they come and drag you away in the dead of night, it will only be a bending of the rules, eh?

In one thread you speak out your ass and the other you fart out your mouth.

You have a rather unusual method of determining just when it's ok for the government to bend the rules!

Yurt
12-28-2007, 08:09 PM
All our government...is corrupted to the bone..disgusting

I wouldn't say all. If that is the case, then I guess corruption is working for the US up to this point.

I think we are getting the case of the "biggzies". We are too big for our britches and most polis don't know how to deal with it. Some do though, and will continue to make this country what it is and will be.

retiredman
12-28-2007, 08:29 PM
And yet in the other thread you write:

In one thread you speak out your ass and the other you fart out your mouth.

You have a rather unusual method of determining just when it's ok for the government to bend the rules!

again...have you ever spent a week or even a day at a state legislature in session?

At 8AM, every one of the legislative committees starts holding hearings.... citizens have driven for hours to attend and to offer testimony concerning a variety of bills... the committee sessions are filled with citizens and the legislators dutifully sit and listen to testimony for hours upon hours....

also at 8AM, the session is gavelled to order in the chambers and a plethora of motions and sentiments are brought to the floor....the vast majority of which go "under the gavel" without a vote....but if any ONE legislator requests the yeas and nays, the presiding officer must open up the measure for a rollcall vote..... in Maine, when that happens, a school bell sound rings throughout the statehouse and the adjoining buildings where committee hearings are taking place.

Would you think it would be BETTER for a legislator to remain in his committee listening to the testimony of citizens about bills before that committee, or would you prefer that the legislators all tell the citizen to "hold that thought" while they all got up and went across the state house complex and voted on some minor procedural issue? Would you prefer that all of those legislators - after getting up twenty times in a morning - told all of those citizens who had driven for hours to be there to testify that they should all just come back some other time?

Outrage over this issue comes from a lack of understanding about how government works.

jimnyc
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Outrage over this issue comes from a lack of understanding about how government works.

Bullshit, I know just fine how the government works, and that DOES NOT excuse them voting for others. The rules are in place for a reason, and that reason isn't so that they should break them.

Do I get to bend a few rules instituted by our government should I have a busy day? And again, WHO decides just what rules are ok to break, and when it's ok to break them?

And stop your holier than thou shit thinking you know more, because you don't. And claiming superior intelligence to support a wrongdoing only makes you look like an ass.

retiredman
12-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't think I know more than you... I only ask you to tell me what is more important? getting the people's business done, or having every elected official in his seat casting his vote on every issue that is brought to a roll call.

Methinks that if you had gotten up at 4am to drive two hundred miles to appear before a legislative committee public hearing to speak on an issue that was really important to you, and, after sitting and waiting all day while the committee hearing was interrupted multitudinous times for roll call votes so that you didn't get a chance to speak, and you found out, after the fact, that those legislators had left to cast irrelevant votes on idiotic sentiments and mere adoption of committee reports, you would be pissed off..... right?

jimnyc
12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't think I know more than you... I only ask you to tell me what is more important? getting the people's business done, or having every elected official in his seat casting his vote on every issue that is brought to a roll call.

Methinks that if you had gotten up at 4am to drive two hundred miles to appear before a legislative committee public hearing to speak on an issue that was really important to you, and, after sitting and waiting all day while the committee hearing was interrupted multitudinous times for roll call votes so that you didn't get a chance to speak, and you found out, after the fact, that those legislators had left to cast irrelevant votes on idiotic sentiments and mere adoption of committee reports, you would be pissed off..... right?

If you know so much about Texas legislature, then answer me this - is it mandatory that they vote in every instance? What would have happened if their votes weren't "fraudulently" entered as we saw in the video?

retiredman
12-28-2007, 08:46 PM
If you know so much about Texas legislature, then answer me this - is it mandatory that they vote in every instance? What would have happened if their votes weren't "fraudulently" entered as we saw in the video?

I know next to nothing about the Texas legislature... I would imagine that a quorum would be required for those votes in question...

and again...I have absolutely no doubt that if any vote had been cast on behalf of any legislator that was NOT the vote that he our she would have cast had they been there, there would have been an enormous uproar...

and that was cute how you avoided my question about citizen testimony

jimnyc
12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
I know next to nothing about the Texas legislature...

Then there you have it. You are in no better position to judge what we witnessed in that video than anyone else, other than the fact that you are a self righteous prick who thinks he knows everything and anyone who disagrees deserves to be belittled. That's ok with me though, it's akin to being made fun of by the homeless negro with boogers running down his cheek on the subway.

retiredman
12-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Then there you have it. You are in no better position to judge what we witnessed in that video than anyone else, other than the fact that you are a self righteous prick who thinks he knows everything and anyone who disagrees deserves to be belittled. That's ok with me though, it's akin to being made fun of by the homeless negro with boogers running down his cheek on the subway.

I didn't JUDGE anything. I offered my opinion...and that was, that if any of those votes were cast in such a manner that was opposed to the way the absent legislator would have voted, there would have been an uproar, and barring any uproar from the legislators involved, outrage from the public - especially the public outside of Texas - is misplaced and indicative of skewed priorities.

and I must say you really are stooping beneath yourself this evening. boogers??? I am disappointed in you.