PDA

View Full Version : Vermont town seeks Bush, Cheney arrests

stephanie
12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
:cow::cuckoo:

By DAVE GRAM, Associated Press Writer
15 minutes ago

MONTPELIER, Vt. - President Bush may soon have a new reason to avoid left-leaning Vermont: In one town, activists want him subject to arrest for war crimes.

A group in Brattleboro is petitioning to put an item on a town meeting agenda in March that would make Bush and Vice President Cheney subject to arrest and indictment if they visit the southeastern Vermont community.

"This petition is as radical as the Declaration of Independence, and it draws on that tradition in claiming a universal jurisdiction when governments fail to do what they're supposed to do," said Kurt Daims, 54, a retired machinist leading the drive.

As president, Bush has visited every state except Vermont.

The town meeting, an annual exercise in which residents gather to vote on everything from fire department budgets to municipal policy, requires about 1,000 signatures to place a binding item on the agenda.

The measure asks: "Shall the Selectboard instruct the Town Attorney to draft indictments against President Bush and Vice President Cheney for crimes against our Constitution, and publish said indictment for consideration by other municipalities?"

The White House did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday. The press office did not immediately respond to an e-mail.

read the rest..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071228/ap_on_re_us/banning_bush_1

LiberalNation
12-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Cops can't arrest the president. Bunch of idjits.

LiberalNation
12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
ooops double post, stephnie got to it first.

stephanie
12-28-2007, 05:29 PM
ooops double post, stephnie got to it first.

:laugh2:Beat ya...

Pale Rider
12-28-2007, 05:30 PM
So Vermont must be real strong Ron Paul territory.

stephanie
12-28-2007, 05:42 PM
So Vermont must be real strong Ron Paul territory.

Their certainly full of something...I think it's called BDS..:laugh2:

BoogyMan
12-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Sounds like Vermont has quite a few members of the citizens without borders schoool of thought.

BDS is certainly a strong influence in Vermont.

Pale Rider
12-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Their certainly full of something...I think it's called BDS..:laugh2:

Well I certainly don't suffer from BDS, but I think the way Bush has ignored, and appears to almost help, the illegal alien invasion from Mexico, he could face impeachment for that dereliction of duty and I'd support it. He took an oath the protect this country, and he hasn't lived up to it.

BoogyMan
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Well I certainly don't suffer from BDS, but I think the way Bush has ignored, and appears to almost help, the illegal alien invasion from Mexico, he could face impeachment from that dereliction of duty and I'd support it. He took an oath the protect this country, and he hasn't lived up to it.

I can certainly agree with you on the immigration front, but that isn't what the methane breathers in Vernmont are all apoplectic about.

Yurt
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
they know this has no effect. they only do this so they can hug themselves and proclaim, hey we "did" something. stuff like that divides the country and serves no purpose.

Pale Rider
12-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I can certainly agree with you on the immigration front, but that isn't what the methane breathers in Vernmont are all apoplectic about.

I've only been through Vermont driving truck. Never stopped. If they all suffer from Apoplexy, I'm glad I didn't. Sounds like a bunch of rabid liberal zealots to me.

Psychoblues
12-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Vermont is going to be tough territory for the warmongers now running for presidential nomination.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Vermont is going to be tough territory for the warmongers now running for presidential nomination.

Yeah, but if they strip naked, they can get away with anything they want! :clap:

State law does not now prohibit nudity in public areas and Brattleboro isn't exactly a stranger to baring it all. It's not unusual to see a few naked swimmers at local swimming holes. The early 1990s brought "Breast Fest" when a group of women walked topless down Main Street. Four years ago, a charity calendar called "Men of Brattleboro" was released, a product that featured prominent male residents, including the local superintendent of schools, in the buff. While a few residents are outraged about the nudity and have managed to get the attention of the press in the process, others think investigating such an ordinance is a waste of the town's time.

Psychoblues
12-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Naw, it's just a more enlightened overview of the good/evil equation.

Yeah, but if they strip naked, they can get away with anything they want! :clap:

Why don't you post that strip naked picture of you on your scooter with your avatar?

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Naw, it's just a more enlightened overview of the good/evil equation.

Why don't you post that strip naked picture of you on your scooter with your avatar?

Is that a proposition? You want some of THIS? I was thinking about joining a dating site, but if this is the kind of action I can get here, saves me the time and energy of looking at more than 1 site.

Psychoblues
12-28-2007, 11:43 PM
No proposition at all, Mr. fmr Marine.

Is that a proposition? You want some of THIS? I was thinking about joining a dating site, but if this is the kind of action I can get here, saves me the time and energy of looking at more than 1 site.

But I thought the sight of your fat naked ass on top of your scooter would be entertaining for the population. Just how many men have you had in your military carreer? BTW, just what is a fmr Marine? I've never known one.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Now, now....what's with the personal insults.....I prefer HUSKY to FAT, if you don't mind. (I don't care to sword fight, either, but thanks for the invitation, anyway, I really don't go that way)

Once a Marine, Always a Marine. Never an EX Marine.....if you know any jarheads, ask them, they will tell you.

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Your self indicated nomenclature, fmr Marine.

Now, now....what's with the personal insults.....I prefer HUSKY to FAT, if you don't mind. (I don't care to sword fight, either, but thanks for the invitation, anyway, I really don't go that way)

Once a Marine, Always a Marine. Never an EX Marine.....if you know any jarheads, ask them, they will tell you.

Or did you have something else in mind?

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Your self indicated nomenclature, fmr Marine.

Or did you have something else in mind?

Here goes that communication thing again.....

http://www.kurtsimmons.com/images/bunny-pancake.gif

stephanie
12-29-2007, 01:02 AM
:lol:

Here's another one...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/iyokan.jpg

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Your cartoons aren't impressive. Try again to make some sense out of your own statements and nomenclature, fmr Marine.

actsnoblemartin
12-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Your cartoons aren't impressive. Try again to make some sense out of your own statements and nomenclature, fmr Marine.

im sorry but can you tell me what nomenclature means

thank you

stephanie
12-29-2007, 01:20 AM
I thought the cartoon was cute..made me smile..:clap:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Your cartoons aren't impressive.

Details and words are important. It is not a cartoon, but rather a photograph of a bunny from Japan named Oolong, who has quite the following on the internet. It wasn't used to impress, but to amuse, and it worked,as recognized by another mouth breathing thought monster, Stephanie.

actsnoblemartin
12-29-2007, 01:25 AM
I liked the cartoons too. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 01:42 AM
Martin, surely you have a dictionary.

im sorry but can you tell me what nomenclature means

thank you

Nomenclature means "name". It applies with anything that requires a "name" whether material or personal or administrative. It simply means "name".

It is a word often used in the military and that was my point in using in this conversation.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-29-2007, 01:47 AM
Martin, surely you have a dictionary.

Nomenclature means "name". It applies with anything that requires a "name" whether material or personal or administrative. It simply means "name".

It is a word often used in the military and that was my point in using in this conversation.

Details are important.....you are not quite correct in your assumption of what the word actually means....you are close, but as consolation you may actually have a chance at winning some cash on Jeff Foxworthy's Games Show.

stephanie
12-29-2007, 01:51 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/7x8hg21194233877.jpg

:dance:

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 02:05 AM
You have a point, I imagine?

Details are important.....you are not quite correct in your assumption of what the word actually means....you are close, but as consolation you may actually have a chance at winning some cash on Jeff Foxworthy's Games Show.

Spit it out or stick it in your ass (which I am certain you would love to do).

What about my nomenclature of nomenclature do you disagree?

stephanie
12-29-2007, 02:15 AM
YIKES!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/incognito_aaaahh.gif

I'm sure you didn't mean that...ouch:laugh2:

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 02:36 AM
Cute.

YIKES!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/incognito_aaaahh.gif

I'm sure you didn't mean that...ouch:laugh2:

But it get's old after once or twice. You ain't exactly Alfred.

stephanie
12-29-2007, 02:48 AM
Cute.

But it get's old after once or twice. You ain't exactly Alfred.

Sense of humor my dear..or life would be a real bitter bummer..
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/BigLag1.jpg

Nite now..:cheers2:

Psychoblues
12-29-2007, 02:52 AM
I can get into some Laurel and Hardy.

Sense of humor my dear..or life would be a real bitter bummer..
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/BigLag1.jpg

Nite now..:cheers2:

Care to have a toddy before retiring for the night?

Abbey Marie
12-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I'd really love to see what the Secret Service would do to anyone who tries to arrest President Bush.

Gaffer
12-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I'd really love to see what the Secret Service would do to anyone who tries to arrest President Bush.

I was thinking the same thing Abbey. Bush should make a special trip there just to see their reaction.

Abbey Marie
12-30-2007, 01:46 AM
I was thinking the same thing Abbey. Bush should make a special trip there just to see their reaction.

He should, with cameras rolling from every angle. :laugh2:

Chessplayer
12-30-2007, 01:53 AM

I was wondering about this as I read the news the other day, I was surprised to see this terminology.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317274,00.html

AURORA, Colo. — A former Marine is asking Colorado police to return 71 marijuana plants seized at his home, saying the pot helps him deal with war injuries.

On Dec. 14, criminal charges were dismissed against Kevin Dickes, 38, of Aurora, Colo., who argued that marijuana helps him deal with injuries suffered during Operation Desert Storm, after he showed he is a state-certified medical marijuana patient.

Dickes had pleaded not guilty in Arapahoe County District Court to marijuana cultivation after police seized 71 plants from his home on April 27.