PDA

View Full Version : I am really annoyed

Trigg
12-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Our basement flooded on Sunday night. We came home to our carpet floating in an inch of water. I smelled smoke when we got home, the plugs with the frig and video games were melted and blackened. Really we were lucky to not have a fire.

Since then we have turned up the heat and dried out the basement with borrowed humidifiers and fans. It is drying out fairly well.'

The bad thing you may ask????

The kids got guitar hero for the Wii for Christmas and my husband moved all the video games up to the "big screen".

Not to be a complete spoil sport, I have enjoyed playing the game. But, enough is enough. I WANT TO WATCH A SHOW.

Ok, I'm done ranting.

Sometimes being the only "adult" in the house is really annoying.

Laugh if you must Afbombloader and monkeybone.

typomaniac
12-28-2007, 08:29 PM
If that kind of thing annoys you, why do you live in a hellhole state like Indiana? ;)

Trigg
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
If that kind of thing annoys you, why do you live in a hellhole state like Indiana? ;)

because it beats Cali anyday :laugh2:

typomaniac
12-28-2007, 08:34 PM
because it beats Cali anyday :laugh2:

You get floods every couple of years, right? We get earthquakes big enough to break things maybe every 20 years at most. I'd say CA wins. :laugh:

April15
12-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Beautiful weather all year long. Moderate temperatures.

Trigg
12-28-2007, 08:40 PM
You get floods every couple of years, right? We get earthquakes big enough to break things maybe every 20 years at most. I'd say CA wins. :laugh:

Ah, no. What big flood are you mentioning. The last big one we had was over 25 yrs ago.

INDIANA WINS :rock::rock:

We don't have earthquakes or huge ass fires.

Trigg
12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Beautiful weather all year long. Moderate temperatures.

NO spring, NO winter, NO fall.

I lived in the south (Louisiana and Florida) I missed the seasons.

typomaniac
12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Ah, no. What big flood are you mentioning. The last big one we had was over 25 yrs ago.

No, you have several feet of yellow snow, mosquitoes the size of baseballs, and humidity to go with your triple-digit summers - all of which California is free of!

(And our huge ass fires rarely eat up more than a few yuppie hunting cabins.)

Trigg
12-28-2007, 08:55 PM
No, you have several feet of yellow snow, mosquitoes the size of baseballs, and humidity to go with your triple-digit summers - all of which California is free of!

Oh please, the only people who think we have humidity are the people who have never been down south, where the real heat is.

The summers rarely get into the 90's. That is why people have heated pools in this area. Remember, we are well above the mason dixon line.

Mosquitoes, Baahhhhhh, ever hear of bats???????????

Give it up. Cali is so last weak. Indiana is the state every one wants to live in.:dance:

Yurt
12-28-2007, 08:56 PM

wtf? people's homes (NOT hunting cabins) have burned. have you not seen the fires lately? oh, so they have more money than you and fuck them?

Immanuel
12-28-2007, 10:31 PM

Tornadoes?

I'll take an earthquake every 20 years or so and really major earthquakes come much more infrequently than that over tornadoes any day.

And now I live in Florida and I will take hurricanes, which I get plenty of warning for, over a tornado any day as well.

Immie

Said1
12-28-2007, 10:54 PM
And I thought the weather in Ontario was bad. :laugh2:

Mr. P
12-28-2007, 11:04 PM
I LOVE da South! Just ask me.:dance:

Trigg
12-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Tornadoes?

I'll take an earthquake every 20 years or so and really major earthquakes come much more infrequently than that over tornadoes any day.

And now I live in Florida and I will take hurricanes, which I get plenty of warning for, over a tornado any day as well.

Immie

I've lived up here most of my life and never even seen a tornado.

Florida, well the weather is great in the winter. Hotter than hadies in the summer, combine that with the humidity, lovebugs, roaches, and fire ants. I lived down there for about 5 yrs, I don't miss it.

jackass
12-29-2007, 10:34 AM
I LOVE da South! Just ask me.:dance:

CANT WAIT to get back up north!!

roaches,

Pssst....there called "Palmetto Bugs" down here..... :laugh2:

Mr. P
12-29-2007, 10:43 AM
CANT WAIT to get back up north!!

:clap: One less YANK! Need help movin? :poke: :laugh2:

Pale Rider
12-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I hate (parts of) Cal, but I'd live there long before I'd live in Indiana. Anywhere east of the Rockies is nowhere to be.

jackass
12-29-2007, 12:29 PM
:clap: One less YANK! Need help movin? :poke: :laugh2:

Damn thats messed up Mr. P! I thought we were buds! :finger3:

Mr. P
12-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Damn thats messed up Mr. P! I thought we were buds! :finger3:

:laugh2:

5stringJeff
12-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I hate (parts of) Cal, but I'd live there long before I'd live in Indiana. Anywhere east of the Rockies is nowhere to be.

East of the Mississippi and north of the Mason-Dixon line is no place to be. The people in the Great Plains are friendly.

manu1959
12-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Our basement flooded on Sunday night. We came home to our carpet floating in an inch of water. I smelled smoke when we got home, the plugs with the frig and video games were melted and blackened. Really we were lucky to not have a fire.
Since then we have turned up the heat and dried out the basement with borrowed humidifiers and fans. It is drying out fairly well.'
The bad thing you may ask????
The kids got guitar hero for the Wii for Christmas and my husband moved all the video games up to the "big screen".
Not to be a complete spoil sport, I have enjoyed playing the game. But, enough is enough. I WANT TO WATCH A SHOW.
Ok, I'm done ranting.
Sometimes being the only "adult" in the house is really annoying.
Laugh if you must Afbombloader and monkeybone.

wife hates guitar hero.............then i bought rock band......my wife is a regular phil collins........

dan
12-29-2007, 01:28 PM
wife hates guitar hero.............then i bought rock band......my wife is a regular phil collins........

:laugh2:Only Manu's response to Trigg's problem would be to buy more video games!

jackass
12-29-2007, 02:10 PM
East of the Mississippi and north of the Mason-Dixon line

Its the BEST place to be!

manu1959
12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
:laugh2:Only Manu's response to Trigg's problem would be to buy more video games!

and beer.......

typomaniac
12-29-2007, 03:21 PM

Yeah, Yurt: go pound on him instead. He deserves it way more. :laugh2:

Immanuel
12-29-2007, 06:34 PM

Florida, well the weather is great in the winter. Hotter than hadies in the summer, combine that with the humidity, lovebugs, roaches, and fire ants. I lived down there for about 5 yrs, I don't miss it.

Shhh! Don't tell anyone about the winter weather here. Everyone thinks it is hot and humid all year long and that is just fine with me. If people realized that we had our winter weather here for five to six months out of the year we would be so crowded that those palmettos bugs you dislike so much would move North. By the way, I was born and raised in California and to be totally honest with you the roaches were worse there than here. Of course, here we pay a pest control service $18/month to spray the house, but I rarely see a roach.

Although not long after moving here we looked at a place to rent. I opened the door to the place and my first thought was... "that ugly brown carpet has to go if we live here". My next thought was, "that carpet is moving", as I went to put my foot down the brown in the carpet moved away and I realized the carpet was yellow. The roaches literally covered the floor. Needless to say, my foot never touched the floor.

Immie

typomaniac
12-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Pssst....there called "Palmetto Bugs" down here..... :laugh2:
The Virgin Islands have 'em beat. The roaches down there have wings (that allow them to fly), and the locals call them "mahogany birds." Some of the locals put them into small jars, punch a couple of holes in the lids, and try to sell them to unsuspecting tourists coming off the cruise ships. :laugh:

jackass
12-30-2007, 11:59 AM
The Virgin Islands have 'em beat. The roaches down there have wings (that allow them to fly), and the locals call them "mahogany birds." Some of the locals put them into small jars, punch a couple of holes in the lids, and try to sell them to unsuspecting tourists coming off the cruise ships. :laugh:

Actually these have wings also. They usually only fly during mating season. Yummy!

Trigg
12-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Shhh! Don't tell anyone about the winter weather here. Everyone thinks it is hot and humid all year long and that is just fine with me. If people realized that we had our winter weather here for five to six months out of the year we would be so crowded that those palmettos bugs you dislike so much would move North. By the way, I was born and raised in California and to be totally honest with you the roaches were worse there than here. Of course, here we pay a pest control service $18/month to spray the house, but I rarely see a roach.

Although not long after moving here we looked at a place to rent. I opened the door to the place and my first thought was... "that ugly brown carpet has to go if we live here". My next thought was, "that carpet is moving", as I went to put my foot down the brown in the carpet moved away and I realized the carpet was yellow. The roaches literally covered the floor. Needless to say, my foot never touched the floor.

Immie

My mom had our place tented when they bought. The pest company guaranteed no roaches "for as long as the tent was up".

I hate roaches, palmetto bugs and even those nice madagascare hissing roaches, that some dip shits were letting loose. Nasty bugs

Trigg
12-30-2007, 03:30 PM

I bet you've never even been here. :poke:

Trigg
12-30-2007, 03:33 PM
and beer.......

My parents live close, the hubby always has beer. :laugh2: