PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Oh, tempest in a teapot..(shrillary)

stephanie
12-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Good grief...are these two running for President of a HIGH SCHOOL...

December 28, 2007, 7:51 pm
Oh, Oh, Tempest in a Teapot
By Cate Doty

CLINTON, Iowa — A comment made by Barack Obama about drinking tea has the Clinton campaign in a tizzy, making a tempest in a teapot. We just can’t avoid the cliches, sorry.
At a stop on Friday in Coralville, Mr. Obama took a subtle dig at Hillary Rodham Clinton, hinting that his diverse background and extensive global travel deepens his level of experience more than being eight years of being the first lady. Here we go again.
“It’s that experience, that understanding, not just of what world leaders I went and talked to in the ambassador’s house I had tea with, but understanding the lives of the people like my grandmother who lives in a tiny hut in Africa,” he said.

The Clinton campaign shot back quickly, citing links by bloggers (probably her own Media Matters website)that claimed Mr. Obama had in fact made a sexist comment toward the first viable female candidate for president.

read the rest and lot of funny comments..
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/28/oh-oh-tempest-in-a-teapot/

BoogyMan
12-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Hillary will most likely claim Obama was talking about her momma next. Egads......

Abbey Marie
12-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Tiny huts and tea cups? Good grief, we may be in for a pretty scary 4 years if this is what he has to offer as experience.

My daughter used to play make believe with a whole tea set in her room. Can she be President next?