PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Rep. Murtha touts way to choke off Iraq war

stephanie
02-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Murtha is a disgusting traitor...And so is any Democrat or Republican who stands with him on this...

SNIP:
15 Feb 2007 19:27:00 GMT
Source: Reuters

Iraq in turmoil
More By Richard Cowan and David Alexander

WASHINGTON, Feb 15 (Reuters) - U.S. Rep. John Murtha, a leading congressional opponent of the war in Iraq, on Thursday said his plans for placing conditions on how President George W. Bush can spend $93.4 billion in new combat funds would effectively stop an American troop buildup.

"They won't be able to continue. They won't be able to do the deployment. They won't have the equipment, they don't have the training and they won't be able to do the work. There's no question in my mind," the Pennsylvania Democrat said.

Murtha, an ex-Marine in his 18th term, made his remarks in a webcast on movecongress.org, which hopes to influence Congress to stop the war in Iraq.

As the chairman of a House of Representatives panel that oversees military spending, Murtha plans to advance legislation next month attaching strings to the additional war funds Bush requested on Feb. 5.

At a news conference on Wednesday, Bush warned Congress against tying his hands on the war.

"I make it very clear to the members of Congress, starting now, that they need to fund our troops and they need to make sure we have the flexibility necessary to get the job done," Bush said.

The Pentagon is hoping that Congress approves Bush's request in April, when it says money for continuing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will start to run dry.

Besides being the battleground for a tough fight over the Iraq war, the funding bill also could become a magnet for controversial aid to U.S. farmers who have sustained weather-related losses and for more money to rebuild southern states hit by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

With opposition to the Iraq war beginning to run deep in Congress, Democrats now in control of the House and Senate are trying to assert their power of the purse in ways that they think could diminish the U.S. military involvement, while also providing funds to support troops already there.

The House is scheduled to vote on Friday on a nonbinding resolution opposing Bush's 21,500-troop increase for Iraq.

Murtha hopes to choke off the 4-year-old war in Iraq by placing four conditions on combat funds through Sept. 30:
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N15322287.htm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a video of him...He's teaming up with moveon.org...
I tried to bring it over but couldn't...
http://sweetness-light.com/
Take a look at the other video that posted with it....Anybody remember Abscam???
Since he's probably lost all his military contracts, he's now being funded by the anti war groups......Moveon, Codepinko, George Soros...
Murtha is a real scumy slime of a person...

red states rule
02-16-2007, 06:03 AM
The Dems shining stars.........

CSM
02-16-2007, 07:00 AM
"The few, the proud, the Marines!" Good thing too because I don't think this country could survive too many more like Murtha.

I bet there is more than one Marine who wishes Murtha would just disappear!

red states rule
02-16-2007, 07:21 AM
"The few, the proud, the Marines!" Good thing too because I don't think this country could survive too many more like Murtha.

Murtha does have his supporters................

Gaffer
02-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Just because he was a marine doesn't mean he isn't a traitor. Now that's one I call an ex-marine, cause there is no Marine qualities in that man. I consider him lower than bin kerry and he's so low he can sit on a sheet of toilet paper and swing his legs.

:upyours: murtha

02-16-2007, 01:03 PM
The man is doing nothing but secret combinations to destroy our troops. And people dont care one bit.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-16-2007, 01:19 PM

Let me see......"I concur!"