PDA

View Full Version : Texan Of The Year: The illegal immigrant

gabosaurus
12-29-2007, 01:10 PM
A very interesting essay. Not sure I agree, but it provides for intriguing reading.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/123007dnedianonymous.278c46.html

82Marine89
12-29-2007, 01:13 PM
He breaks the law by his very presence. He hustles to do hard work many Americans won't, at least not at the low wages he accepts. The American consumer economy depends on him. America as we have known it for generations may not survive him.

We can't seem to live with him and his family, and if we can live without him, nobody's figured out how. He's the Illegal Immigrant, and he's the 2007 Dallas Morning News Texan of the Year – for better or for worse.

We can't seem to live with him and his family, and if we can live without him, nobody's figured out how.

Complete bullshit from another liberal rag.

5stringJeff
12-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Complete bullshit from another liberal rag.

No kidding. Only a moron from Dallas (I know, that's redundant) would write such tripe.

gabosaurus
12-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey, my family is from Dallas! *slaps Jeff around*

Of course, being that my aunt was an illegal immigrant (back in the 70s), I really can't argue.

What makes the DMN a "liberal publication" anyway? It is one of the most conservative newspapers in the South.

Hugh Lincoln
12-30-2007, 02:11 PM
I love that argument, "they just want a better life."

So do bank robbers!

trobinett
12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I love that argument, "they just want a better life."

So do bank robbers!

And most criminals............:pee:criminal immigrants.

Yurt
12-30-2007, 02:53 PM
this country has lived without them before and can do so again. it is not so much a matter of "can't" live without, it is a matter of dollars, business people get cheap labor. take out the illegals and i guarantee you the market will re-adjust properly. you can't call the market now a reality because it is inputting false and illegal factors. remember they tried that day without a mexican garbage? yeah, that worked, not. most said, yes, we can in fact do without them.

trobinett
12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
this country has lived without them before and can do so again. it is not so much a matter of "can't" live without, it is a matter of dollars, business people get cheap labor. take out the illegals and i guarantee you the market will re-adjust properly. you can't call the market now a reality because it is inputting false and illegal factors. remember they tried that day without a mexican garbage? yeah, that worked, not. most said, yes, we can in fact do without them.

Absolutely my man..............:salute:

5stringJeff
12-30-2007, 03:27 PM
The Texan of the year: 'Andre Davis. Back-to-back kickoff returns for touchdowns, 97 and 104 yards respectively. Awesome!!!