PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee slipping in Iowa

12-29-2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/RobertDNovak/2007/12/29/huckabee_slipping

I an optimistic at this. But i still treat it with suspicion like all other polls.

Kathianne
12-29-2007, 07:15 PM

I an optimistic at this. But i still treat it with suspicion like all other polls.

He's had a very bad week and thanks to his 'lead' the MSM is covering it. Thank the Lord, we may not have to worry about a Carter with an "R".

1. He 'used' religion to hurt Romney.
2. He implied earning a Master's in theology, when in fact he only took
courses.
3. He called for Musharaff to remove martial law, which indeed was done 2
weeks ago.
4. He said John Bolton was advising him on foreign affairs, Bolton said he's
never talked to him.
5. He tried to turn the conversation regarding the crisis in Pakistan to
immigration, something not lost on Iowans.
6. While his stand on religious matters is geared to the religious, he has
taken a boatload of money for speaking at venues for stem cell research.

It seems this second governor from Arkansas has trouble with the truth. He's into scare tactics, from immigration to religion. Funny thing on the immigration issue, he was pro-amnesty while in Arkansas. He's had numerous ethics investigations while governor.

This is not someone I could ever back.

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-30-2007, 03:32 PM

I an optimistic at this. But i still treat it with suspicion like all other polls. thats the best Republican news I've heard all week

red states rule
12-30-2007, 03:49 PM
thats the best Republican news I've heard all week

He is our modern version of Jimmy Peanut Carter. The quicker he loses the quicker he will go away

5stringJeff
12-30-2007, 03:55 PM
The latest Zogby poll has Thompson, Giuliani, and Paul all tied at 8%. Awesome!!!

Kathianne
12-31-2007, 07:35 AM
Of course he has a legitimate right to his own faith, as president though it's important to represent all the people, including those of different beliefs.:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071231/ap_po/huckabee_religion

Huckabee stands by 'Christ' comment

By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press WriterMon Dec 31, 12:31 AM ET

Mike Huckabee, a Republican relying on support from religious conservatives in Thursday's hard-fought presidential caucuses, on Sunday stood by a decade-old comment in which he said, "I hope we answer the alarm clock and take this nation back for Christ."

In a television interview, the ordained Southern Baptist minister and former Arkansas governor made no apologies for the 1998 comment made at a Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Salt Lake City.

"It was a speech made to a Christian gathering, and, and certainly that would be appropriate to be said to a gathering of Southern Baptists," Huckabee said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

He gave the speech the same year he endorsed the Baptist convention's statement of beliefs on marriage that "a wife is to submit graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ." Huckabee and his wife, Janet, signed a full-page ad in USA Today in support of the statement with 129 other evangelical leaders.

The former governor, who rallied Christian evangelicals to make him a surprise force in Iowa, has put his faith front and center in his campaign. His stump speech sounds like a pastor's pitch from a pulpit. Campaign ads emphasize faith and call him a Christian leader. He frequently quotes Bible verses.

As his fortunes have improved, Huckabee has faced a drumbeat of questions and criticism about his gubernatorial record and the role of faith in his administration. He also has made some missteps while trying to fend off a challenge — and critical TV ads — from Mitt Romney, a former Massachusetts governor and Mormon whose faith unsettles some religious conservatives.

Four days before the caucuses Thursday, a new poll found Huckabee's surge may have stalled; his once double-digit lead over Romney has evaporated. Private polling shows the two in a dead heat.