PDA

View Full Version : IS this sad or what?

Said1
12-29-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm serious, this broke my heart. It's the saddest thing I've read in ages. Very depressing. Would you date this women? This is her profile, from a dating site:

My name is Louise. Im 42 will be 43 on April 13 the year 1965. Im brunette, green eyes weight is 115lbs and long hair I am also a smoker. I love to go camping, movies and ect. I would like to meet somebody that doesn't smoke drugs. I went threw it with my husband for nine years. I am tired of my money going on that crap and I had enough of it will be 2weeks that I am drug free as of the 5or6 of November. Like to mee someone who will respect me for who I am and take me for who I am not for one think only and say good bye, looking for a longterm relationship. I have a son that is 22 and 2 girls that are 21 and 20. Just met my son after 2years on October 25 he graduated from collade to be come a chef and his girlfriend too. I seen my son graduate it was cool it was at the scotia bank place. I do not drive and dont want to. I work for this place called, its called JG Eastman. I scoop peanuts, candies, spices, dried fruits, soup mixes and ect for 8.50/hr it sucks royaly. I am seperated and not planning on going back. I am self contious about my body and face I am sad everyday

April15
12-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a lot of America.

5stringJeff
12-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Sounds like a lot of America.

The half that votes Democrat?

/derail

Said1, that is kind of sad. Sounds like she needs someone who will treat her right.

Kathianne
12-29-2007, 09:20 PM

/derail

Said1, that is kind of sad. Sounds like she needs someone who will treat her right.

But she will not find it with that *ad*.

Sitarro
12-29-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm serious, this broke my heart. It's the saddest thing I've read in ages. Very depressing. Would you date this women? This is her profile, from a dating site:

No and I don't want her voting in the Presidential election either.:salute:

82Marine89
12-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Maybe I'm just a calloused ass, but I feel nothing for her. 42 y/o drug addict? Clean for two weeks and trying to get a date? How about staying clean and sober for a year before she enters a relationship and can give what it requires to be in a relationship?

jackass
12-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Maybe I'm just a calloused ass, but I feel nothing for her. 42 y/o drug addict? Clean for two weeks and trying to get a date? How about staying clean and sober for a year before she enters a relationship and can give what it requires to be in a relationship?

No...I agree with you.

Said1
12-29-2007, 10:29 PM

I think that's probably a little to sophisticated for her. She goes from fairly enthusiastic, to angry to depressed in a matter of seconds. She wasn't bad looking either, just too depressed to do anything with herself.

Chessplayer
12-30-2007, 03:51 AM

I encourage you to go on these sites and just make a simple list of typos, and such, very commonly misspelled words, THEN associate your democrat/republican to them. The subscriptions and browsing are free.

Compile some data then come back to us.

Chessplayer
12-30-2007, 03:52 AM

Isn't that what both AA and NA VERY strongly recommend? Sobriety for a YEAR before you start a relationship?

Cheyenne
12-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Yes, it is sad. But I hear things like this often. There are A LOT of very lonely people among us.

But this woman needs to be clean longer (as already mentioned), get some skills/education, etc. Otherwise all that's going to respond to her is some deadbeat who wants to suck off her welfare.

And yes, I'm aware how easy it is to sit behind a keyboard & hand out "you know what you should dos?"

82Marine89
12-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Isn't that what both AA and NA VERY strongly recommend? Sobriety for a YEAR before you start a relationship?

Having been clean for 20+ years, yes it is.

gabosaurus
12-30-2007, 12:21 PM
I understand where she is coming from. Probably from an abusive relationship. She got married and had three kids -- bang, bang, bang. Couldn't deal with it and got into alcohol and drugs. Obviously has limited education and relied on her husband for everything. Now she is trying to deal.
Then again, I am a psychology grad student. I don't take people at face value.
All of us are fucked up in different ways. It takes a big person to actually admit your flaws.

MtnBiker
12-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Then again, I am a psychology grad student.......

All of us are fucked up in different ways.

Is that a professional term?

Mr. P
12-30-2007, 12:51 PM

What are you doing browsing female profiles? :poke::laugh2:

OCA
12-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Is that a professional term?

Tried to rep you but couldn't...............that might be one of the funniest and most smartass to the point things ever uttered at DP/USMB.:laugh2:

Said1
12-30-2007, 03:28 PM
What are you doing browsing female profiles? :poke::laugh2:

It popped up at another site 'single in Ottawa' or something like that. She looked like a throw back from the 80's so I was curious. I was kind of depressed after I read it, though.