PDA

View Full Version : Obama Thinks This Is A Good Riff?

Kathianne
12-29-2007, 07:37 PM
You would think his wife could find better housing (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/184540,122306obama.article) for his grandma.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/12/obamas-cup-of-t.html

Obama's Cup of Tea
Email

December 28, 2007 3:59 PM

ABC News' Sunlen Miller Reports: Six days from the Iowa caucuses and the battle over experience has not subsided.

Barack Obama insists his experiences traveling and having family living overseas brings more to the table than, let's say, the job of a former first lady.

"It's that experience, that understanding, not just of what world leaders I went and talked to in the ambassadors house I had tea with, but understanding the lives of the people like my grandmother who lives in a tiny hut in Africa," Obama, D-Ill., told a crowd of would-be voters in Coralville, Iowa, on Friday.

The veiled shot at Senator Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., couldn't be more succinct as he argued that her experience level as a first lady doesn't outshine his as a world traveler.

Obama went on to argue that this difference led him to make judgment about the Iraq war.

"That's the experience that helped inform my opposition to the war in Iraq, that's the kind of experience that's rooted in the real lives of the American people," he said....

Yurt
12-29-2007, 08:37 PM
ok, i guess having a grandma that lives in a tutu hut somehow makes one better presidential material. following that logic, why doesn't mr. worldly himself live in a hut?

Kathianne
12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
ok, i guess having a grandma that lives in a tutu hut somehow makes one better presidential material. following that logic, why doesn't mr. worldly himself live in a hut?

I know if I could afford more than $1m home in Chicago, I'd settle for $900k and put my grandma in a bungalow or something.

5stringJeff
12-29-2007, 08:52 PM
My grandmother lives in a tiny house in Sun City, AZ. Think that will garner me any votes? :D

Kathianne
12-29-2007, 08:54 PM
My grandmother lives in a tiny house in Sun City, AZ. Think that will garner me any votes? :D

If she was in a mud hut, no. However, small homes are ok. ;) Are you running after school? I'd vote for you in all likelihood.

5stringJeff
12-29-2007, 08:57 PM
If she was in a mud hut, no. However, small homes are ok. ;) Are you running after school? I'd vote for you in all likelihood.

The government says I can only run for non-partisan offices as long as I'm an employee. So who knows? :)

Kathianne
12-29-2007, 09:17 PM
The government says I can only run for non-partisan offices as long as I'm an employee. So who knows? :)

Get done with school, then the time required. Then we'll talk. ;)

12-29-2007, 09:30 PM
well, it is better than Hillary's point.

Kathianne
12-29-2007, 09:37 PM
well, it is better than Hillary's point.

Which point?