PDA

View Full Version : owww my mouth hurts

Trinity
12-29-2007, 08:32 PM
I have a back moler that needed a root canal done about a year ago however my insurance would not cover the root canal so the dentist opted for drilling into the tooth pulling the root out and then filling the hole I actually think he even packed it with cotton or guaze but not sure. I have had no problems with this tooth until about 5 days ago I have been popping ibuprofens like they were candy. I would not call it a tooth pain it reminds me more of how it feels after you get a tooth pulled and of course I can't get into my dentist until January 3rd because they are closed until then. Now though I am wondering what exactly this dentist did seeing that he took the root out of the tooth and I am positive it is not another tooth hurting why would I be feeling this much pain from a tooth with no root?

so I have been avoiding posting much in the past week because I have been in a foul mood do to pain in my jaw and find myself wanting to post things I would not normally say, so I have just not posted period.

Said1
12-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Gum infection? Rince with alcohol if you can take it. Lysterine is the best, imho. And I know tooth/gum pain!

Trinity
12-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Gum infection? Rince with alcohol if you can take it. Lysterine is the best, imho. And I know tooth/gum pain!

well my gums aren't hurting but I did try the listerine and the only thing it burnt was my tongue lol!

Trinity
12-29-2007, 08:51 PM
ok so I tried oragel too and it had no affect on the pain it numbed my gums but nothing for the pain so i am thinking the pain could be in the bone up above that tooth it is one of my top molars.

Kathianne
12-29-2007, 08:53 PM
ok so I tried oragel too and it had no affect on the pain it numbed my gums but nothing for the pain so i am thinking the pain could be in the bone up above that tooth it is one of my top molars.

I doubt this will help, but my mom always recommended hot water with salt, call the dentist in the morning.

I know where you are coming from, my insurance is for $1k dental, waiting for the 1st of the year.

Said1
12-29-2007, 09:10 PM

The bone behind the tooth....bone?? Gum infections can make your ears hurt.

Trinity
12-30-2007, 09:15 AM
The bone behind the tooth....bone?? Gum infections can make your ears hurt.

ok maybe upper jaw would sound better:laugh2:

BoogyMan
12-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi Trinity,

I just had to have a root canal for a back molar. The process of the root canal was nothing as the numbing the dentist used was amazing, but prior to the root canal being done the pain was excruciating.

I would bet that there is an infection in the bone around the tooth and you need to get on some antibiotics pretty quickly. Is there no way to contact the dental office to get some kind of antibiotic medication?

Does an icepack on the jaw relieve the pain any?