PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolutions...

82Marine89
12-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Well, 2008 is almost upon us and some do, some don't when it comes to making resolutions. Are you going to make one this year? Do you think you will keep it?

My resolution is to be in better shape on my 44th birthday than I was when I graduated boot camp at the tender age of 18.

Happy New Years to all of you.

~Mick

Immanuel
12-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Well, 2008 is almost upon us and some do, some don't when it comes to making resolutions. Are you going to make one this year? Do you think you will keep it?

My resolution is to be in better shape on my 44th birthday than I was when I graduated boot camp at the tender age of 18.

~Mick

After so many years of making them and breaking them... I decided to quit fooling myself and gave up.

Good luck on achieving yours!

Immie

Dilloduck
12-30-2007, 10:51 AM
After so many years of making them and breaking them... I decided to quit fooling myself and gave up.

Good luck on achieving yours!

Immie

Never took much stock in resolutions but a friend of mine suggested to just choose one word to focus on that represents something important to you for the upcoming year. I may give that a shot---

jimnyc
12-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm quitting smoking this year, but not at the ring of the new year. Gonna try the Nicorette gum starting very soon but have to get a workable plan in place so I don't fail for the 3,654th straight time!

OCA
12-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm quitting smoking this year, but not at the ring of the new year. Gonna try the Nicorette gum starting very soon but have to get a workable plan in place so I don't fail for the 3,654th straight time!

Chronic or Marlboros?

jimnyc
12-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Chronic or Marlboros?

Just the Marlboro Medium's. Haven't seen anything else in awhile but don't want to rule out a possible good thing!

OCA
12-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Just the Marlboro Medium's. Haven't seen anything else in awhile but don't want to rule out a possible good thing!

So you are sticking with the good green chronic should some roll your way, thats awesome! I'll take the shake at this point.:laugh2:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
12-30-2007, 11:53 AM

~Mick

Good luck with that....maybe you can find SSgt DeAndrea over at MCRD (my old Lima Co 3rd Battalion drill instructor) to kick your ass in to shape! (I am sure he is long since retired.....)

I, too, resolve to get in better shape than I have been in since I have gotten out of the Corps, and got a pair of Rollerblades to work out, since running is out of the question, because of bad ankles. I will "roll" a marathon before the end of 2008....not a resolution....a guarantee! (hopefully lose 20+ lbs as well....get back down to fighting weight!)

Mr. P
12-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Many years ago I resolved to never make another New Years resolution.

So far so good! :beer:

jackass
12-30-2007, 12:15 PM
I wouldnt say its a New Years resolution, but I have decided to lose some of the weight that I put on after I quit smoking. Been 11 months now and its time to worry about that.