PDA

View Full Version : Abortion Supporter Knocks 69 Yr. Old Pro-Lifer Unconscious

red states rule
12-30-2007, 05:03 AM
Where was the liberal media on this story?

Oh, if it was a pro lifer who did this the liberal media would have made damn sure we all heard about it

Pro-lifer Seriously Injured: Clinic Receptionist Shouts: “He got what he deserved!”

12/28/2007 - 6:32 AM PST

When veteran pro-lifer Ed Snell was counseling women entering the Hillcrest Abortion Clinic in Harrisburg, Penn. from atop his car, he was thrown to the ground and seriously injured. He suffered internal hemorrhaging in his head, four compression fractures of vertebrae, a broken shoulder and two broken ribs. Doctors even feared he might die.

Despite these injuries, a receptionist at the abortion clinic angrily responded: “He got what he deserved!” when asked for a statement.

After the attack, the police arrived and although Mr. Snell was unconscious and being rushed to the hospital, they allowed his assailant to go free. A police officer then argued with and threatened to arrest Mr. Snell’s fellow pro-lifers, who asked them why the assailant was let free. So far the media has been silent about the incident.

Mr. Snell’s assailant was apprehended days after the attack, when the full extent of his injuries became known, and will be charged with a felony assault.

Mr. Snell is recovering from his injuries at his home in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

http://www.catholic.org/prwire/headline.php?ID=4418

and here is another link with much more information

http://www.tfp.org/TFPForum/TFPCommentary/injured_in_line_duty.htm

Hugh Lincoln
12-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Good find, and yet another example of the extreme double standard of the system today. If you oppose abortion, you're a terrorist. If you support it, you're just a good person. With Hillary as the Abortionist-in-Chief, expect abortion opponents to start, ahem, "disappearing."

gabosaurus
12-30-2007, 12:39 PM
So it is OK to bomb clinics and kill those inside, but you can't attack the people who bomb clinics.
Nice spin attempt, though.

MtnBiker
12-30-2007, 12:50 PM
So it is OK to bomb clinics and kill those inside

No

red states rule
12-30-2007, 01:34 PM
So it is OK to bomb clinics and kill those inside, but you can't attack the people who bomb clinics.

Where did the atricle say this 69 yeard old guy was bombing the clinic?

Seems you are trying to duck the point of the article

Lazarus
12-30-2007, 02:28 PM
From the secondary link =

When Mr. Snell tried to counsel the woman, his words were cut short when the man became furious, jumped the fence ..a 7-foot privacy fence.. and, in the words of Mr. McTernan, “leaped on the vehicle with Ed and catapulted him off of the vehicle and onto the ground.” Mr. Snell hit his back and head on the pavement and was knocked unconscious.

If one Mr. McTernan is to be deemed a credible witness, he needs to give non-contradictory accounts of events =

Immediately after the attack, Mr. McTernan ran over to Ed and was frightened to see that he was unconscious and breathing irregularly. He reported the attack to “911” and then shouted to the assailant: “You assaulted him and he is unconscious.” Agitated, the man replied: “I did not assault him, I just pushed him,” with an aggressiveness that made Mr. McTernan fearful for his own safety.

Jumping a 7-foot fence ? I'd like to see that.
The catapult scenario seems more plausible. Obviously, the elderly Mr. Snell needs to practice his carpentry skills. His " commanding " platform was not properly secured.
Hence, he became a projectile.

I know what happened !
The catapulter " jumped " to the top of that 7-foot fence, then jumped down onto one edge of catapultees' platform, all in the best intentions of gaining one Mr. Snell access to the interior of the abortion clinics' grounds.

Unfortunately, Mr. Snell, being elderly and none too spry, didn't have enough impetus from his legs to attain adequate lift-off.

It was an unsuccessful launch.

Mr. McTernan is not a credible witness.

And the links provided are likewise.

If there had been charges filed, a police report would exist.
Come back with that and the name of the alleged assailant.

Until then,...........

April15
12-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Late term abortion should have been performed not assault and battery.

5stringJeff
12-30-2007, 03:15 PM

Nice spin attempt yourself. He's not bombing anything. He's using his God-given freedom of speech to talk with women about abortion.

5stringJeff
12-30-2007, 03:16 PM

So you prefer to kill your political opponents instead of beating them at the polls? Contemptuous.

red states rule
12-30-2007, 03:17 PM

The man was trying to stop having a hole drilled into a baby's head and have its brains sucked out

and was assualted for his trouble

5stringJeff
12-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Mr. McTernan is not a credible witness.

And the links provided are likewise.

I see nothing contradictory about the story, either from McTerman's testimony or from the supposed non-credibility of the links.

actsnoblemartin
12-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Abortion is murder, and those who support it are just as guilty as those who murder the babies

red states rule
12-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Abortion is murder, and those who support it are just as guilty as those who murder the babies

The left will leap to their feet to save a lost whale in SF bay - but do nothing to stop the killing of an unborn child

Go figure

actsnoblemartin
12-30-2007, 03:26 PM
liberalism is a mental disorder :laugh2:

The left will leap to their feet to save a lost whale in SF bay - but do nothing to stop the killing of an unborn child

Go figure

red states rule
12-30-2007, 03:31 PM
liberalism is a mental disorder :laugh2:

On the one hand libs attack big tobacco asaying they are out to kill our kids, but on the other they say allowing a babies brain to be sucked out of its skull is a Constitutional right

Said1
12-30-2007, 03:43 PM

On the perpetrator?

April15
12-30-2007, 06:00 PM
On the perpetrator?The potential was there. But not my intended victim.

BoogyMan
12-30-2007, 06:26 PM

You have GOT to be kidding me. The guy didn't bomb anyone.

Are you so dishonest that you cannot discuss this story without trying to falsify the OP to try and make a point?

I have seen some sad and sorry tactics from the left but this, I do believe, is a new rock bottom low.

Immanuel
12-30-2007, 06:34 PM

Um, Gab, I like you, but I have to remind you of something horrible you said in a thread the other day regarding black on white hate crimes. Here is the thread and the quote from post #7 in that thread:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=10159

I suppose there is NEVER any hate crimes committed by white against blacks.

Find me a white guy who has been dragged behind a truck by some black guys, or a white family whose house was spray painted with racial epithets for crime of merely living someplace, or any white person stopped on the street because they are white, or perhaps for the crime of driving through a black neighborhood in a nice car. Then perhaps I will understand.

Otherwise, you should spend more time washing your white sheets and planning cross burnings than continually spouting racist bullshit on a message board.

You are justifying black on white hate crimes here! That's pretty sad.

I hate to say it, but in this thread you sound extremely hypocritical. I must say, so much so that I must wonder if you aren't just pulling our legs.

Black on white hate crimes are okay, crimes in which several people were nearly killed and so is the severe beating of a man exercising his right to free speech. Now, I don't know of anyone on this site who has defended abortion clinic bombers, so I don't know what you are getting at, but a crime is a crime and I can't believe that even a liberal would attempt to justify the beating of this man.

Immie

Said1
12-30-2007, 08:19 PM
The potential was there. But not my intended victim.

Oh. The victim was the unborn child. Gotcha.

Gunny
12-30-2007, 11:44 PM

Try reading the article, huh? The dude was talking, not bombing. Where's your liberal stance for freedom of speech?

You know what was done to this guy was WRONG, period.

Or should I be able to bodyslam any liberal running their suck if I don't like the message?

actsnoblemartin
12-31-2007, 02:18 AM
Many liberals dont believe in free speech, unless you agree with them

besides, trying to get through to gay o sore ass, is like trying to get through to a dog, u know its resply, and u know it wont make sense

Try reading the article, huh? The dude was talking, not bombing. Where's your liberal stance for freedom of speech?

You know what was done to this guy was WRONG, period.

Or should I be able to bodyslam any liberal running their suck if I don't like the message?

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-31-2007, 03:09 AM
You have GOT to be kidding me. The guy didn't bomb anyone.

Are you so dishonest that you cannot discuss this story without trying to falsify the OP to try and make a point?

I have seen some sad and sorry tactics from the left but this, I do believe, is a new rock bottom low. Not for Gabby

Gunny
12-31-2007, 03:49 AM

Yeah it should have been ... on anyone that supports late-term abortion for any reason other than medical necessity where one of the lives is at risk.

12-31-2007, 03:53 AM

when was the last time someone bombed a clinic?

How about you start paying attention to whats happening now rather than dealing with the past. Democrats supported slavery once. Does that mean we should continually bring it up and emphasize it even though it hasnt happened for over a century?

12-31-2007, 03:55 AM

The irony of this statement would be amusing if it wasnt so tragic.

Gunny
12-31-2007, 04:18 AM
when was the last time someone bombed a clinic?

How about you start paying attention to whats happening now rather than dealing with the past. Democrats supported slavery once. Does that mean we should continually bring it up and emphasize it even though it hasnt happened for over a century?

2001. Eight total since 1997, the most being in 1997. And that's using THEIR numbers, so consider the source.

http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/violence/history_extreme.asp

The left uses the "abortion clinic bombings" like they do the term "racism." Rather than try to defend their argument, they attempt to dismiss it with appeals to emotion and ignorance.

I'd say most sane, pro-life people do not support murder as a means to protest murder anymore than they support abortion. But as in all things Christian, the left attempts to identify the whole by the few nutcases on the fringe.