PDA

View Full Version : NE Patriots perfect regular season

jimnyc
12-30-2007, 10:45 AM
The second team to ever win every regular season game and the first ever to do so in a 16 game season. This is, IMO, the best NFL regular season ever. Brady was nearly perfect all season long and set records. Randy Moss had an outstanding season and set records. As a whole, their offense scored more points than any team in NFL history. Their defense wasn't perfect, but was still outstanding. Add it all together and we might be witnessing the best team of all time.

BUT....

They aren't finished, and they must if they want to be known as such. Every season is different and sometimes what appears to be a tough schedule turns out to be a soft schedule. New England faced both great teams and shitty teams and beat everyone that came their way - but they must do so in the playoffs as well if they want to be remembered as having the best single season ever. Not to take anything away from what they have accomplished, because they have no say in the schedule making, but there were at least 6 games against horrid opponents. Now they must face the pressure and also a crop of teams that are all playoff caliber teams. First the AFC, with Indianapolis, Jacksonville and San Diego. Then if they advance to the big game, it could be either Dallas or Green Bay. Not to discount all the other playoff teams, but IMO these teams are all the cream of the crop. Beat what comes their way and take home the Lombardi Trophy, then I'll see them as the best ever. Lose - and I see them as having the best regular season ever and nothing more.

The saga continues...

OCA
12-30-2007, 10:52 AM
The second team to ever win every regular season game and the first ever to do so in a 16 game season. This is, IMO, the best NFL regular season ever. Brady was nearly perfect all season long and set records. Randy Moss had an outstanding season and set records. As a whole, their offense scored more points than any team in NFL history. Their defense wasn't perfect, but was still outstanding. Add it all together and we might be witnessing the best team of all time.

BUT....

They aren't finished, and they must if they want to be known as such. Every season is different and sometimes what appears to be a tough schedule turns out to be a soft schedule. New England faced both great teams and shitty teams and beat everyone that came their way - but they must do so in the playoffs as well if they want to be remembered as having the best single season ever. Not to take anything away from what they have accomplished, because they have no say in the schedule making, but there were at least 6 games against horrid opponents. Now they must face the pressure and also a crop of teams that are all playoff caliber teams. First the AFC, with Indianapolis, Jacksonville and San Diego. Then if they advance to the big game, it could be either Dallas or Green Bay. Not to discount all the other playoff teams, but IMO these teams are all the cream of the crop. Beat what comes their way and take home the Lombardi Trophy, then I'll see them as the best ever. Lose - and I see them as having the best regular season ever and nothing more.

The saga continues...

You really think there is anybody that can beat them? They've pretty much played average the last half of the season and still won those games. Indy? Not a chance. S.D.? Nope. Jacksonville? Nope. Pittsburgh? ARE YOU SHITTING ME LOL!

And the NFC? Nobody even will get within 30 points of them.

I said 19-0 at the beginning of the year and i'm sticking with that.

jimnyc
12-30-2007, 10:55 AM
You really think there is anybody that can beat them? They've pretty much played average the last half of the season and still won those games. Indy? Not a chance. S.D.? Nope. Jacksonville? Nope. Pittsburgh? ARE YOU SHITTING ME LOL!

And the NFC? Nobody even will get within 30 points of them.

I said 19-0 at the beginning of the year and i'm sticking with that.

Chill out, weiner puller!

Notice I never mentioned Pittsburgh! I love 'em to death, but no way they go anywhere this year.

And I wouldn't bet a penny against NE in ANY game this year, and I do believe they'll win it all, I'm just merely stating that they haven't earned the title of "best ever" just yet - although they very well may.

"Any Given Sunday" - not only was it just a great movie!

OCA
12-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Chill out, weiner puller!

Notice I never mentioned Pittsburgh! I love 'em to death, but no way they go anywhere this year.

And I wouldn't bet a penny against NE in ANY game this year, and I do believe they'll win it all, I'm just merely stating that they haven't earned the title of "best ever" just yet - although they very well may.

"Any Given Sunday" - not only was it just a great movie!

Weiner puller! Why thats flaming and you are an internet bully!:laugh2:

jimnyc
12-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Weiner puller! Why thats flaming and you are an internet bully!:laugh2:

I just reported myself to myself to help you out!

OCA
12-30-2007, 11:03 AM
I just reported myself to myself to help you out!

Hahahaha!:laugh2::laugh2:

Sometimes I get a kick out of turds with no honor. Ok thats enough.:cool:

jackass
12-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Damn fine game. We almost did it. Oh well. Now for the playoffs.

I STILL say NE doesnt win the SB!

OCA
12-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Damn fine game. We almost did it. Oh well. Now for the playoffs.

I STILL say NE doesnt win the SB!

Again I ask someone to explain how any of the other 11 playoff teams have a chance to beat them.

Missileman
12-30-2007, 03:12 PM
The second team to ever win every regular season game and the first ever to do so in a 16 game season.

They were putting up a graphic during the game that showed NE to be the 4th team to go undefeated during the regular season...think it was Chicago that did it twice in the pre-superbowl era.

jackass
12-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Again I ask someone to explain how any of the other 11 playoff teams have a chance to beat them.

Its easy! Who would have thought that The Giants would have been within 3 points?? The Eagles, Ravens and Giants all gave them a good run. Im sure the other playoff teams are looking at those games and making a game plan. Indy can beat them. They have a great offense and a really good defense. Any given Sunday!

OCA
12-30-2007, 04:01 PM
They were putting up a graphic during the game that showed NE to be the 4th team to go undefeated during the regular season...think it was Chicago that did it twice in the pre-superbowl era.

Last team was Miami in 72 but it was only a 14 game season....not that that ain't a hell of an achievement in and of itself.

OCA
12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Its easy! Who would have thought that The Giants would have been within 3 points?? The Eagles, Ravens and Giants all gave them a good run. Im sure the other playoff teams are looking at those games and making a game plan. Indy can beat them. They have a great offense and a really good defense. Any given Sunday!

My point is New England played bad to mediocre last night and in the other games mentioned and when they play that bad they still come out on top.

BTW when I looked at the Patriots schedule after the Cowboys game I said the Giants are the only team remaining with a chance to beat them. Reason being was the pass rush and that they could knock Brady around, well they knocked him around and he still got it done. I don't think anybody has a chance on Sunday or any other day of the week.

jackass
12-30-2007, 04:16 PM
My point is New England played bad to mediocre last night and in the other games mentioned and when they play that bad they still come out on top.

BTW when I looked at the Patriots schedule after the Cowboys game I said the Giants are the only team remaining with a chance to beat them. Reason being was the pass rush and that they could knock Brady around, well they knocked him around and he still got it done. I don't think anybody has a chance on Sunday or any other day of the week.

As the season has gone on, the Patriots have become more and more human. They havent been destroying people like they were in the beginning of the season. They are an old defense and I think it is starting to show. Its only a matter of time when they dont get the lucky bounce to win the game.

AFbombloader
12-30-2007, 10:29 PM
As the season has gone on, the Patriots have become more and more human. They havent been destroying people like they were in the beginning of the season. They are an old defense and I think it is starting to show. Its only a matter of time when they dont get the lucky bounce to win the game.

The old quote about on any given Sunday does apply here. And I will have to tell you I am not partial because I am a lifelong Pats fan. Any team can beat any other team, if everything falls their way. But you do have to admit that this team looks to be one of the toughest to play because of their uncanny abiolity to overcome anything. The teams that played them tough all had one thing in common, they couold get after the qb. The NYG lead the league in sacks. The Ravens always pressure, same with Philly. Do any of the AFC playoff teams have that ability? Not on the same level. Will they be tough games? Yes, it is the playoffs.

Congrats to the Pats for finishing step one on their path to the SB. But it is only step one.

AF:salute:

jackass
12-31-2007, 12:51 PM
The old quote about on any given Sunday does apply here. And I will have to tell you I am not partial because I am a lifelong Pats fan. Any team can beat any other team, if everything falls their way. But you do have to admit that this team looks to be one of the toughest to play because of their uncanny abiolity to overcome anything. The teams that played them tough all had one thing in common, they couold get after the qb. The NYG lead the league in sacks. The Ravens always pressure, same with Philly. Do any of the AFC playoff teams have that ability? Not on the same level. Will they be tough games? Yes, it is the playoffs.

Congrats to the Pats for finishing step one on their path to the SB. But it is only step one.

AF:salute:

I totally agree! They are an incredibly good team, but to say they CANT be beat is ridiculous. One hit and Brady or Moss is out. Where would that leave them then? Just look where it left Dallas yesterday. :D