PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Attraction

82Marine89
12-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm not voting for RP, but the last line of this article caught my attention.

The message Ron Paul brings is neither a Republican, nor a Democratic message. It is a message of freedom for Americans. To many, it is a new message, and it is, indeed, most appealing.

The article...

In modern times, third-party candidates have been little more than a curious distraction from the main event, often siphoning enough votes from one major party to ensure victory by the other. Al Gore, for example, is convinced that Ralph Nader’s votes put George W. Bush in the White House.

Ron Paul was a third-party candidate in 1988. Running as a libertarian, he finished last. In 2008, he is running as a Republican, and is causing a curious distraction in the Republican congregation. Bill Kristol, Mr. “New Republican,” to many, calls Ron Paul a ”crackpot.” But Paul’s simple message is inspiring people on both sides of the political spectrum, and recruiting thousands of young, previously
disinterested voters.

The simplicity of Paul’s message disarms his critics, who, like Kristol, rather than stand and debate, denigrate and discount the candidate. Though his message is simple and straight forward, his philosophy is way beyond the grasp of his critics.

Paul advocates abolishing the Internal Revenue Service. “Can’t be done,” say his critics. Paul advocates withdrawing from the United Nations. “Can’t be done,” say his critics. Paul advocates returning to commodity money. “Can’t be done,” say his critics. But a growing number of common people--the voters of America--are asking why it can’t be done.

Ron Paul is not only a constitutional scholar, he has a grasp of free-market economics that few people can claim. When Paul calls for the abolition of the IRS, it is not simply to rid the people of the nuisance of unnecessary tax forms and the pain of escalating payments. He actually understands the economic forces at work, and how the removal of this bureaucratic and economic burden can fan the flames of prosperity for the entire nation.

Every American should set aside the time to listen to a speech by Ron Paul, in which he explains how his philosophy leads him to the policy proposals that cause heartburn in is critics. Rarely does a voter have an opportunity to see what’s behind the sound-bite reports, or why the candidate takes a particular position. Bill Kristol, and others who give Ron Paul no respect, should listen to this speech, and learn more about freedom and the free market than is taught in any college.

Third-party campaigns have rarely been successful in American politics. They have, however, served to raise issues to national awareness. Ron Paul’s Republican candidacy is given little or no chance by the pundits and pollsters. His supporters ignore the polls, and continue to amaze the experts with record setting “money bombs,” and ferocious displays of enthusiasm on campus, in urban centers, and in the hinterland.

Should Paul fail in his bid for the Republican nomination, his supporters will, no doubt, urge him to continue his effort as a third-party candidate. He has said that he has no intention of doing so,
but he has not flatly ruled out the possibility.

Whether he wins or loses, as a Republican or as a third-party candidate, he has opened Pandora’s box to the treasures of freedom to a generation from whom it was hidden by the public school system. The tremors being felt throughout the Republican party could well be precursors of an upcoming upheaval in the Republican platform. The power of Ron Paul’s message could erupt and spread the principles of freedom all over the Republican convention.

Click for full text... (http://www.chronwatch-america.com/articles/2241/1/The-Ron-Paul-Attraction/Page1.html)

Hugh Lincoln
12-30-2007, 01:39 PM
William Kristol is a Jewish neocon who doesn't like RP's America First message.

5stringJeff
12-30-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm absolutely voting for Ron Paul. He votes for less government and more freedom every time.

82Marine89
12-30-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm absolutely voting for Ron Paul. He votes for less government and more freedom every time.

I am still open to what he and other candidates have to say, but for now I am sticking with Duncan Hunter.

Hugh Lincoln
12-30-2007, 04:49 PM
I am still open to what he and other candidates have to say, but for now I am sticking with Duncan Hunter.

Huh. I know he's good on immigration, but why him over Romney, Paul, etc.?

82Marine89
12-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Huh. I know he's good on immigration, but why him over Romney, Paul, etc.?

He's my congressman. I've worked on his congressional campaigns and I have a lot of respect for him.

trobinett
12-30-2007, 05:37 PM
He's my congressman. I've worked on his congressional campaigns and I have a lot of respect for him.

Ok, got it.

You've got a VESSED interest, its the American way.

Vote, and vote often.........:dance:

Hugh Lincoln
12-31-2007, 08:29 PM

Cool. Carry on.

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 08:47 PM

Ditto. But, I've heard quite enough from the likes of Giuliani, McCain and the Huckster. I wouldn't vote for any of those guys under any circumstances. And I just read on here that Romney favors a law that favors queers with a new hiring preference. That pretty much knocks him out for me too.

Yeah ole Ron Paul is looking better all the time. Hunter would have to drop out though first. I'd vote for Thompson before Paul too.

Dilloduck
12-31-2007, 11:20 PM
I think Ron Pauls' masquerade as a Republican is brilliant.

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 11:26 PM

**Totally SHOCKED that Dillo is not on 6th Street now, being chased by gorgeous busty UT coeds**

Dilloduck
12-31-2007, 11:34 PM
**Totally SHOCKED that Dillo is not on 6th Street now, being chased by gorgeous busty UT coeds**

We use 6th street as a tourists distraction. I'm not at liberty to disclose where the real action is.:laugh2: (How's the "surge" coming along ---ya you--the one with the chest obsession):laugh2:

pegwinn
12-31-2007, 11:37 PM

Yep. He's a rino. But he has learned that 3rd parties have no shot. I like what limited stuff I've seen. And he's from Texas so he gets cool points. I like the neo-isolationist stance to a degree, but it won't work in the modern world.

Too bad I am registered as an independent. No way to help him in the primary.