PDA

View Full Version : LA gang F13 accused of targeting blacks

Yurt
12-30-2007, 03:50 PM
LA gang F13 accused of targeting blacks

LOS ANGELES - In a murderous quest aimed at "cleansing" their turf of snitches and rival gangsters, members of one of Los Angeles County's most vicious Latino gangs sometimes killed people just because of their race, an investigation found.

There were even instances in which Florencia 13 leaders ordered killings of black gangsters and then, when the intended victim couldn't be located, said "Well, shoot any black you see," Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca said.

"In certain cases some murders were just purely motivated on killing a black person," Baca said.

Authorities say there were 20 murders among more than 80 shootings documented during the gang's rampage in the hardscrabble Florence-Firestone neighborhood, exceptional even in an area where gang violence has been commonplace for decades. They don't specify the time frame or how many of the killings were racial.

Los Angeles has struggled with gang violence for years, especially during the wars in the late 1980s and early '90s between the Crips and the Bloods — both black gangs. Latino gangs have gained influence since then as the Hispanic population surged.

F13 isn't the only Latino gang linked to racial killings. Last year, four members of The Avenues, a gang from the Highland Park area east of downtown Los Angeles, were convicted of hate crimes for killing a black man in what prosecutors called a campaign to drive blacks from that neighborhood. And last January, authorities announced a crackdown on the 204th Street gang following the killing of a 14-year-old black girl.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071230/ap_on_re_us/gang_takedown;_ylt=AgK4B6ma5kBdLHlGBzUcel4EtbAF)

This is nothing new, i just think it has taken MSM this long to openly deal with it. In junior high we often had segregated recess areas because of hispanic/black gang fights. I actually caused one when some cholo put a knife to my face when I asked him to clear the locker room for PE. I told a black friend (yes i knew he had gang connections) and lo and be hold a massive race war. The black guys though did not get in trouble because of my testimony about what the cholo did. They might get in trouble today, but at the time gang wars were so prevelant in SD that they only went after the guy who pulled a knife on me.

I can only hope the crackdowns get more severe.

actsnoblemartin
12-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Their a lot of mexicans (in mexico) that dont like black people

LA gang F13 accused of targeting blacks

LOS ANGELES - In a murderous quest aimed at "cleansing" their turf of snitches and rival gangsters, members of one of Los Angeles County's most vicious Latino gangs sometimes killed people just because of their race, an investigation found.

There were even instances in which Florencia 13 leaders ordered killings of black gangsters and then, when the intended victim couldn't be located, said "Well, shoot any black you see," Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca said.

"In certain cases some murders were just purely motivated on killing a black person," Baca said.

Authorities say there were 20 murders among more than 80 shootings documented during the gang's rampage in the hardscrabble Florence-Firestone neighborhood, exceptional even in an area where gang violence has been commonplace for decades. They don't specify the time frame or how many of the killings were racial.

Los Angeles has struggled with gang violence for years, especially during the wars in the late 1980s and early '90s between the Crips and the Bloods — both black gangs. Latino gangs have gained influence since then as the Hispanic population surged.

F13 isn't the only Latino gang linked to racial killings. Last year, four members of The Avenues, a gang from the Highland Park area east of downtown Los Angeles, were convicted of hate crimes for killing a black man in what prosecutors called a campaign to drive blacks from that neighborhood. And last January, authorities announced a crackdown on the 204th Street gang following the killing of a 14-year-old black girl.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071230/ap_on_re_us/gang_takedown;_ylt=AgK4B6ma5kBdLHlGBzUcel4EtbAF)

This is nothing new, i just think it has taken MSM this long to openly deal with it. In junior high we often had segregated recess areas because of hispanic/black gang fights. I actually caused one when some cholo put a knife to my face when I asked him to clear the locker room for PE. I told a black friend (yes i knew he had gang connections) and lo and be hold a massive race war. The black guys though did not get in trouble because of my testimony about what the cholo did. They might get in trouble today, but at the time gang wars were so prevelant in SD that they only went after the guy who pulled a knife on me.

I can only hope the crackdowns get more severe.

5stringJeff
12-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Wow... racial violence where whites aren't the perpetrators?!? Say it ain't so!!

82Marine89
12-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Let's not forget MS-13. (http://www.knowgangs.com/gang_resources/profiles/ms13/)

Sitarro
12-30-2007, 04:25 PM
A latino/african war........ awwww too bad. I would buy tickets to see that.

Said1
12-30-2007, 04:41 PM
80 shootings by one, relatively small group of identifyable people????? That's insane. Anarchy. Messed up scary shit, moreso then their ethnicity.

Hugh Lincoln
12-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Diversity...

Our greatest strength.

:salute:

trobinett
12-30-2007, 04:53 PM
It's ALL about respect. Don't disrespect them, and YOU have no problems.

The problem BETWEEN the Blacks, and the Latinos is not only respect, but HISTORY.

I can remember when I lived in Avondale
Arizona. The Latinos, and blacks were going at it constantly. The best policy for the White's, and Indian's(I'm Indian)was just get below the radar.

Yep, them were the days 1957 thru 1962............:cheers2:

Said1
12-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Diversity...

Our greatest strength.
:laugh2:
:salute:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-LdFY3Rp3I&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-LdFY3Rp3I&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

trobinett
12-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Humor is best in small doses, I'd say this qualifies.:cool: