PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Deadliest for US Troops in Iraq

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 02:31 AM
2007 Deadliest for US Troops in Iraq

2007-12-30 15:03:58
By BRADLEY BROOKS Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD (AP) — The second half of 2007 saw violence drop dramatically in Iraq, but the progress came at a high price: The year was the deadliest for the U.S. military since the 2003 invasion, with 899 troops killed.

American commanders and diplomats, however, say the battlefield gains against insurgents such as al-Qaida in Iraq offer only a partial picture of where the country stands as the war moves toward its five-year mark in March.

Two critical shifts that boosted U.S.-led forces in 2007 — a self-imposed cease-fire by a main Shiite militia and a grassroots Sunni revolt against extremists — could still unravel unless serious unity efforts are made by the Iraqi government.

Complete article... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14276718&feedid=225)

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 02:34 AM
...unless serious unity efforts are made by the Iraqi government.

Therein lies the problem. There IS NO "Iraqi government." It's been FIVE LONG BLOODY DEADLY YEARS, and there is no "Iraqi government."

That's long enough. Lets cut our damn loses and get our troops the hell otta there.

Bush... you just fucked up right from the git go when you invaded that place. Iraq is YOUR fuck up, just like the illegal invasion from Mexico is. I can't WAIT until you're fucking GONE, GONE, GONE! I'll never be able to live down the fact that I voted for you.

red states rule
12-31-2007, 05:14 AM
Therein lies the problem. There IS NO "Iraqi government." It's been FIVE LONG BLOODY DEADLY YEARS, and there is no "Iraqi government."

That's long enough. Lets cut our damn loses and get our troops the hell otta there.

Bush... you just fucked up right from the git go when you invaded that place. Iraq is YOUR fuck up, just like the illegal invasion from Mexico is. I can't WAIT until you're fucking GONE, GONE, GONE! I'll never be able to live down the fact that I voted for you.

The people of Iraq are stepping up PR. As the US troops take out the terrorists, they are starting to take over security

Here is one example - this was once a hotbed for the terrorists

http://www.newsweek.com/id/81993

Gunny
12-31-2007, 05:25 AM

It's easy to deal with voting for him. No matter what you think he has or has not screwed up. look at the alteratives we were given in the last 2 elections. Mr Global Warming and Mr "I'm a Vietnam War Hero, vote for me."

red states rule
12-31-2007, 05:38 AM
It's easy to deal with voting for him. No matter what you think he has or has not screwed up. look at the alteratives we were given in the last 2 elections. Mr Global Warming and Mr "I'm a Vietnam War Hero, vote for me."

I do think history will prove Pres Bush right and Iraq will stand up and take over its security

PostmodernProphet
12-31-2007, 06:32 AM

???....what are you talking about.....the Iraqis have accomplished more than the US Congress in the last five years.......

red states rule
12-31-2007, 06:35 AM
???....what are you talking about.....the Iraqis have accomplished more than the US Congress in the last five years.......

The people of Iraq are stepping up - it is taking time - but they are making progress

Today marks 1 year since Saddam was hanged and the Iraq security forces are on alert

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319046,00.html

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 09:11 AM

Good point Gunny. Thinking back, that did have a lot to do with it.

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Why should the alleged Iraqi government step up when they know the U.S. is willing to cover for them? The Iraqis know they have no deadline to conform.
Set a withdrawal date and force their hand.

5stringJeff
12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
It's time for the US to leave Iraq and let Iraq deal with its own problems. We've done what we set out to do.

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 09:28 AM
My dad has said that one of the biggest mistakes we made in Viet Nam was allowing the big shot Vietnamese to leave when we did.
If the big shot Iraqis know we are going to leave them behind, perhaps they would take more initiative in organizing and maintaining a government.

Dilloduck
12-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Why should the alleged Iraqi government step up when they know the U.S. is willing to cover for them? The Iraqis know they have no deadline to conform.
Set a withdrawal date and force their hand.

Why announce a withdrawal date if that's what you think the majority of our troops should do? Just bring em home

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Why announce a withdrawal date if that's what you think the majority of our troops should do? Just bring em home

Don't confuse me with logic!

Dilloduck
12-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Don't confuse me with logic!

How about this ? Do you think they might take us seriously if the see our troops packing their suitcases ?

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Good point there, Dillo.

Do you have your winter undies at the ready? My friend Beth said the temps are plunging into the 20s for New Year's Day and evening in Austin.

Dilloduck
12-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Good point there, Dillo.

Do you have your winter undies at the ready? My friend Beth said the temps are plunging into the 20s for New Year's Day and evening in Austin.

yup --putting on the long johns and finding a good spot to hibernate. Freezing weather may help out the peach crop but but it doesn't to a damn thing for me.

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 09:48 AM
The amount of time and MONEY we've spent in Iraq, while we ignore our own borders at home, has reached the point of absurdity. It is now nation building. Anyone that denies that must just like the war. But why are we... er... bush, so committed to Iraq? Oil? Yup. Those rag heads over there are all oil buddies with the bush family. My tax dollars are going to fund bush's private war and nation building, and I'm pissed. I want MY military, the one that "I" pay for, out of Iraq. In fact, I want the United States to keep it's nose out of everybodys business unless WE ARE ATTACKED! Since when did this nation become the aggressor? 911? Then why in the HELL is OBL still walking around a free man, while we're nation building in Iraq? This war is FUCKED! It's bush's war. Not mine. We need to get the hell out of there, like right now.

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Excellent points Pale!! Kudos to you.

red states rule
12-31-2007, 09:58 PM
My dad has said that one of the biggest mistakes we made in Viet Nam was allowing the big shot Vietnamese to leave when we did.
If the big shot Iraqis know we are going to leave them behind, perhaps they would take more initiative in organizing and maintaining a government.

Then why not apply the same standards to those libs have addicted to monthly handouts?

I foubt the people of Iraq want us there, but they know full well we will leave when they are able to protect their country on their own

and many areas of the country are doing that right now with little or no help from us

LiberalNation
01-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Oil is a part but I think Bush's pride also plays a big part. He doesn't want to accept not winning after betting everything on Iraq.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Oil is a part but I think Bush's pride also plays a big part. He doesn't want to accept not winning after betting everything on Iraq.

I wish the troops would stop hording the oil min their tents and send it over here and lower gas prices

and Dems do not want victory after bellowing the war was lost for the last 4 years

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-01-2008, 01:33 AM
If you think OIL is the reason, you are myopic and pedantic (go ahead and check out the meaning Define for the mouth breathers (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/pedantic))

Crude is so much more easily gotten from the open market at decent rates....there is little to no economic value to the oil in Iraq, if you would really consider the alternatives.

If this administration were to have such influence, and has such a great desire to "get the oil," then it would be so much easier to bulldoze all the liberals in this country, declare a national emergency, and drill in the ANWR, and have 9.2 billion barrels at our disposal in the next 4 month...the money we save on the war, and delivery of OPEC shipments would enable us to build a couple hundred refineries, and life would be grand....we would even have enough money to take over all the oil fields in South America to further our isolationist policy.

FcuKing grow up!!!!!!!!! This is not about OIL or REVENGE or any of the other BULL$HIT that the liberal mantra wants you to believe. It is about Nation building, and trying to convert the most economically viable nations in the world to join a capitalist society where free markets and "democracy" are the dominant forces on our planet and where religious intolerance, hatred, and ignorance are currently the norm, and prophesied to become the new caliphate (OK...check out the meaning, again: Muslim taking over the world, defined (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9018681/Caliphate)) are exterminated.

If you want to hold their hands, they will gladly walk you to the the end of the garden and use your freshly cultivated noggin as fertilizer, as soon as you turn the corner. You will sell the the proverbial NOOSE that Stalin wanted to buy to the Muslim extremists, and do so with the noblest of intentions, because of you naivete.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 01:34 AM
If you think OIL is the reason, you are myopic and pedantic (go ahead and check out the meaning Define for the mouth breathers (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/pedantic))

Crude is so much more easily gotten from the open market at decent rates....there is little to no economic value to the oil in Iraq, if you would really consider the alternatives.

If this administration were to have such influence, and has such a great desire to "get the oil," then it would be so much easier to bulldoze all the liberals in this country, declare a national emergency, and drill in the ANWR, and have 9.2 billion barrels at our disposal in the next 4 month...the money we save on the war, and delivery of OPEC shipments would enable us to build a couple hundred refineries, and life would be grand....we would even have enough money to take over all the oil fields in South America to further our isolationist policy.

FcuKing grow up!!!!!!!!! This is not about OIL or REVENGE or any of the other BULL$HIT that the liberal mantra wants you to believe. It is about Nation building, and trying to convert the most economically viable nations in the world to join a capitalist society where free markets and "democracy" are the dominant forces on our planet and where religious intolerance, hatred, and ignorance are currently the norm, and prophesied to become the new caliphate (OK...check out the meaning, again: Muslim taking over the world, defined (http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9018681/Caliphate)) are exterminated.

If you want to hold their hands, they will gladly walk you to the the end of the garden and use your freshly cultivated noggin as fertilizer, as soon as you turn the corner. You will sell the the proverbial NOOSE that Stalin wanted to buy to the Muslim extremists, and do so with the noblest of intentions, because of you naivete.

Damn, I wish I could rep you again

I have to owe you for now

actsnoblemartin
01-01-2008, 02:06 AM
you forgot the last six months, have had the lowest casualties ever for a six month period

2007 Deadliest for US Troops in Iraq

2007-12-30 15:03:58
By BRADLEY BROOKS Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD (AP) — The second half of 2007 saw violence drop dramatically in Iraq, but the progress came at a high price: The year was the deadliest for the U.S. military since the 2003 invasion, with 899 troops killed.

American commanders and diplomats, however, say the battlefield gains against insurgents such as al-Qaida in Iraq offer only a partial picture of where the country stands as the war moves toward its five-year mark in March.

Two critical shifts that boosted U.S.-led forces in 2007 — a self-imposed cease-fire by a main Shiite militia and a grassroots Sunni revolt against extremists — could still unravel unless serious unity efforts are made by the Iraqi government.

Complete article... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14276718&feedid=225)

red states rule
01-01-2008, 07:43 AM
you forgot the last six months, have had the lowest casualties ever for a six month period

and a hell of alot of great accomplishments

Gadget (fmr Marine)
07-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Wow...a few years ago.....and now?

aboutime
07-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Wow...a few years ago.....and now?

Allow me to say..."SEMPER FI" Gadget.
http://icansayit.com/images/IWOJIMA2.JPG

We all know what our guys in uniform face every day, and the know-it-all's from the left only know a WHITE FLAG mentality.