PDA

View Full Version : Romney supports homosexuality as a civil right

5stringJeff
12-31-2007, 08:45 AM
Do you think homosexuality deserves federal non-discrimination protection? Mitt Romney does!

-----------------

WASHINGTON – A prominent pro-family leader is urging fellow conservatives to withdraw their support for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney over his recent expressed support for a “sexual orientation” non-discrimination law.

Romney during an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press” said he supports the contentious Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which adds “sexual orientation” to a list of federally protected classes that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.

The bill upsets conservative leaders because it grants special protection to employees based on their “actual or perceived” sexual orientation. Moreover, it would force Christian organizations that oppose homosexuality to hire gay employees.

http://christianpost.com/article/20071230/30684_Pro-Gay_Romney_Upsets_Family_Values_Leader.htm

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Righteous! :laugh2:

bullypulpit
12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Do you think homosexuality deserves federal non-discrimination protection? Mitt Romney does!

-----------------

WASHINGTON – A prominent pro-family leader is urging fellow conservatives to withdraw their support for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney over his recent expressed support for a “sexual orientation” non-discrimination law.

Romney during an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press” said he supports the contentious Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which adds “sexual orientation” to a list of federally protected classes that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.

The bill upsets conservative leaders because it grants special protection to employees based on their “actual or perceived” sexual orientation. Moreover, it would force Christian organizations that oppose homosexuality to hire gay employees.

http://christianpost.com/article/20071230/30684_Pro-Gay_Romney_Upsets_Family_Values_Leader.htm

And your problem with that is...?

Kathianne
12-31-2007, 09:30 AM
And your problem with that is...?

I agree with Jeff that they don't need special status, though Romney's position wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I have other problems with him.

I have more problems with Ron Paul though. ;) More with Huckster. More with McCain.

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
I agree with Jeff that they don't need special status, though Romney's position wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I have other problems with him.

I have more problems with Ron Paul though. ;) More with Huckster. More with McCain.

So you are left with Rudy the Philanderer?

Kathianne
12-31-2007, 09:40 AM
So you are left with Rudy the Philanderer?

We'll see how it all plays out. I might be able to vote for Guiliani, Romney, or McCain, alot is going to depend on what they say or don't between now and November.

I KNOW I wouldn't vote for Paul or Huckabee. I don't really like any of the choices, with the possible exception of Thompson, who at least has bothered with written plans.

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 09:43 AM
I could support either Obama or Edwards. I would consider Huckabee or Paul if either got the GOP nomination.

bullypulpit
12-31-2007, 09:46 AM
We'll see how it all plays out. I might be able to vote for Guiliani, Romney, or McCain, alot is going to depend on what they say or don't between now and November.

I KNOW I wouldn't vote for Paul or Huckabee. I don't really like any of the choices, with the possible exception of Thompson, who at least has bothered with written plans.

Rudy isn't running for POTUS, he's running for president of 9/11. Romney would diddle the baby-sitter. McCain is just crazy. Thompson is tired...He has to go home now.

Kathianne
12-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Rudy isn't running for POTUS, he's running for president of 9/11. Romney would diddle the baby-sitter. McCain is just crazy. Thompson is tired...He has to go home now.

Well thought out response, BP. Didn't you just come back from a break? :coffee:

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
That is why Fred is no longer running for President. It would take him away from the trophy wife too much.

chesswarsnow
12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. This hurts my view of Mitt.
2. He has a neoliberal point of view on this, which is counter to mine.
3. I think gays have to deal with being unwanted in the work place on their own.
4. Not having special powers to attack the place of business.
5. I hate to think of having a gay in my mits and can't fire the bastard, makes him the boss not I.
6. That isn't American, and is what is dragging this Nation down.
7. I think gays in public are problematic for business, and the image of businesses.
8. When you have a gay as a front man for a business, you are saying, *We Agree With Gays Butt Jumping*.
9. Its sick morally and makes everyone dirty to their nastiness.
10. Being gay is so very dirty.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 09:56 AM

Oh HELL NO! As you can see, "Hunter/Romney - '08" has been EDITED in my signature. My support for queer supporter Romney JUST ENDED!

Faggot lover, enabler Romney... go fuck yourself.

What's wrong with these new, so called, Republicans? Ron Paul is looking better all the time.

Dilloduck
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM

Be a brave little soldier and tell us who YOU are backing.

bullypulpit
12-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Be a brave little soldier and tell us who YOU are backing.

As soon as I see someone worth supporting, I'll let you know.

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 10:16 AM
As soon as I see someone worth supporting, I'll let you know.

You can't even support yourself.

bullypulpit
12-31-2007, 10:58 AM
You can't even support yourself.

Don't project your own inadequacies onto me, monkey-boy.

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Don't project your own inadequacies onto me, monkey-boy.

Once again, you're the first to call names. It's a patern with you, isn't it, smart ass?

You're just a caustic dandy bull. You have so very little to say that's positive about anything. Your life must be a real shit pit.

From now on, keep it to yourself.

12-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Mitt actually opposes any federal legislation. He has said this is a state issue. I agree.

Is there a problem with letting states decide?

bullypulpit
12-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Once again, you're the first to call names. It's a patern with you, isn't it, smart ass?

You're just a caustic dandy bull. You have so very little to say that's positive about anything. Your life must be a real shit pit.

From now on, keep it to yourself.

You started it! NYAHHHHH!

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 03:29 PM
You started it! NYAHHHHH!

I never called you a name. YOU started THAT... as usual. Like I said, it's a pattern with you.

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Mitt actually opposes any federal legislation. He has said this is a state issue. I agree.

Is there a problem with letting states decide?

Are you sure?

Romney during an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press” said he supports the contentious Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA),