PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl predictions anyone?

gabosaurus
12-31-2007, 10:02 AM
My friend and bridesmaid Katie always e-mails me her Super Bowl predictions at the end of the NFL regular season. Since she is a diehard Steelers fan, it is usually a prediction of who will play the Steelers.

This year she predicts Steelers vs. Packers.

Katie insists that the Colts will lose their quest for the perfect season in atonement for their stealing the AFC championship game a few years ago.
She is still bitter about that. :laugh2:

jimnyc
12-31-2007, 10:04 AM
I lover her choice and her optimism! :)

Sadly, we have a better chance of seeing Barry Bonds throw the winning TD as well.

My prediction is New England and Green Bay with NE taking it easily.

5stringJeff
12-31-2007, 10:30 AM
NE vs. GB.

jackass
12-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Im going out on a limb and saying Jacksonville vs Green Bay.

82Marine89
12-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Indy vs. Dallas. :cheers2:

Mr. P
12-31-2007, 01:29 PM
I lover her choice and her optimism! :)

Sadly, we have a better chance of seeing Barry Bonds throw the winning TD as well.

My prediction is New England and Green Bay with NE taking it easily.

I'm there too. :cheers2:

actsnoblemartin
12-31-2007, 05:35 PM
What i want: redskins vs chargers (chargers win)

what i think will happen: Dallas vs patriots (patriots win)

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 06:04 PM
NE vs. GB.

Ditto - Patriots and the Pack... MY Pack... :D

5stringJeff
12-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Ditto - Patriots and the Pack... MY Pack... :D

I hope they win it all. Brett Favre is a much more deserving QB than Tom Brady.

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 08:10 PM
I hope they win it all. Brett Favre is a much more deserving QB than Tom Brady.

It would be cool for the Pack to be in and win the SB. Bret could retire on that the legend he is. He holds the record for consecutive games started, something like 253.

No1tovote4
12-31-2007, 08:50 PM
My friend and bridesmaid Katie always e-mails me her Super Bowl predictions at the end of the NFL regular season. Since she is a diehard Steelers fan, it is usually a prediction of who will play the Steelers.

This year she predicts Steelers vs. Packers.

Katie insists that the Colts will lose their quest for the perfect season in atonement for their stealing the AFC championship game a few years ago.
She is still bitter about that. :laugh2:

Well, it is the NE Patriots that are going for an undefeated season. I think it will be the Colts/Packers in the Superbowl.

red states rule
12-31-2007, 09:48 PM
It would be cool for the Pack to be in and win the SB. Bret could retire on that the legend he is. He holds the record for consecutive games started, something like 253.

I would love to see Bret go out like John Elway did

But I think it will be NE VS Dallas - NE by a couple touchdowns

Lazarus
12-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Although I am not knocking it, I never quite got the long-distance fanbase that MY Green Bay Packers attracted.

Dallas will be upset by Wash, GB will dispense with TB .

NE will lose to Pitt, SD will top Indy.

GB over Pitt.

Sitarro
01-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Tiger Woods by 5 strokes after Phil Michelson collapses on the final nine with a 41.

Sir Evil
01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
I would love to see Bret go out like John Elway did

But I think it will be NE VS Dallas - NE by a couple touchdowns

If the Pack even made it to the SB it would be something, Favre had a great year but the entire NFC has been weak. The Pack winning the SB would show serious signs of a fix in the making for the NFL's poster boy.

Dallas is the strength of the NFC with the Giants being a possible dark horse, that depending though on what Giant team shows up to play.

Indy is the only possibility of derailing the Pats in the AFC with maybe Pitt having a chance on a very good day.

SB will be the Pats Vs. Dallas in a closer game then most figure.

30 - 24 Pats

red states rule
01-01-2008, 09:59 AM
If the Pack even made it to the SB it would be something, Favre had a great year but the entire NFC has been weak. The Pack winning the SB would show serious signs of a fix in the making for the NFL's poster boy.

Dallas is the strength of the NFC with the Giants being a possible dark horse, that depending though on what Giant team shows up to play.

Indy is the only possibility of derailing the Pats in the AFC with maybe Pitt having a chance on a very good day.

SB will be the Pats Vs. Dallas in a closer game then most figure.

30 - 24 Pats

You could be perfect up until the SB

Pats over Dallas by at least 2 TD's

Sir Evil
01-01-2008, 10:17 AM
You could be perfect up until the SB

Pats over Dallas by at least 2 TD's

I think Dallas played them well during the regular season, they let it go late in the game to mistakes. I see Dallas playing much better if they do meet again, and seems the blueprint has been made to slow the Pats offense down some.

jackass
01-01-2008, 10:35 AM

I really dont understand all of the talk of conspiracies and fixes. You are talking about a whole league of people that would have to be in on it. All of the players would basically have to say " I just play in hopes they will allow me to won the SB". People are basically saying its just another WWE!! I dont get it.

Sir Evil
01-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I really dont understand all of the talk of conspiracies and fixes. You are talking about a whole league of people that would have to be in on it. All of the players would basically have to say " I just play in hopes they will allow me to won the SB". People are basically saying its just another WWE!! I dont get it.

Hypothetical Jackass, I don't buy into any nfl conspiracy at all but may slightly change my opinion if Favre & the Pack pulled of winning the bowl.

jackass
01-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Hypothetical Jackass, I don't buy into any nfl conspiracy at all but may slightly change my opinion if Favre & the Pack pulled of winning the bowl.

Why would it though? They have a good team. He is a great quaterback. Why couldnt they win it?

Despite popular belief...the Patriots arent guarunteed to win the SB!!

red states rule
01-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Why would it though? They have a good team. He is a great quaterback. Why couldnt they win it?

Despite popular belief...the Patriots arent guarunteed to win the SB!!

My sentimental favorite would be Farve - I would love to see him go out as a champ

But I think the Pats will win it all