12-31-2007, 11:00 AM
From Hunter's web site:

From the desk of
Gen. Chuck
Yeager:
November 20, 2006

To my Fellow
Americans,

Congressman Duncan Hunter is the best candidate for President of the United States of America that I know - he has integrity, tenacity, courage, and diplomacy. He is intelligent and thoughtful, does his research, and acts on it.

I have known Congressman Duncan Hunter for over 35 years. Duncan served his country in the Army and is a Vietnam vet. In Vietnam, he served in one of the most dangerous outfits - the 173rd Airborne Brigade and the 75th Army Rangers.

Duncan Hunter is the former and very effective Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee and I am proud to be the Honorary Chair of the Congressman Duncan Hunter for President Committee.

Chuck Yeager

And a factoid about Hunter:

After obtaining his law degree, as a new attorney, he opened a storefront legal office where he served many in the Hispanic community, often without compensation.

82Marine89
12-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Too bad the MSM won't say who supports the candidates. They're doing their best to spoon feed us some liberal in pubbie clothing.

12-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Too bad the MSM won't say who supports the candidates. They're doing their best to spoon feed us some liberal in pubbie clothing.

not to be devils advocate, do we really need the media to tell us anything? We can find alot of information by simply looking on the web. I think Hunter could be alot more effective if he organized his campaign better and used the media and internet better. But the fact is he isnt. And if he cant effectively communicate his positions to the people, should we be surprised when people see that as a sign that he wont be an effective President?

I like alot of what Hunter has to say, but if his message isnt resonating with anyone, it's probably because of him being ineffective at communicating it and not the media. It's not the medias job to get Hunter's message out, its Hunter's job.

Kathianne
12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
not to be devils advocate, do we really need the media to tell us anything? We can find alot of information by simply looking on the web. I think Hunter could be alot more effective if he organized his campaign better and used the media and internet better. But the fact is he isnt. And if he cant effectively communicate his positions to the people, should we be surprised when people see that as a sign that he wont be an effective President?

I like alot of what Hunter has to say, but if his message isnt resonating with anyone, it's probably because of him being ineffective at communicating it and not the media. It's not the medias job to get Hunter's message out, its Hunter's job.

He's got his issues on the website, but they are much too general. Now Thompson actually has quite detailed and daring in some cases positions. Both are bad at finding the voters who don't search them out.

Abbey Marie
12-31-2007, 02:44 PM

I am sure that his campaign is trying very hard to get his message across, Avatar. It simply is not possible to do much when the media flat out ignores you. In fact, his communications skills are good enough that they attracted my attention in the first debate, when I had never heard of him.

I couldn't disagree more with the presumption that being unable to get the media to broadcast your image and words, means you would appear to be an ineffective president. People surely must know that the Presidency is a bully pulpit, and you can get as much attention as you want, and then some, once you are there. I prefer someone who is the real thing anyway, not some media-created image.

As for an ineffective internet campaign, he communicates quite a lot there.

This man has tons of experience, is a true conservative unlike others in this race, and he deserves to be treated seriously. For some reason, our pathetic system doesn't work that way.

12-31-2007, 03:06 PM
I am sure that his campaign is trying very hard to get his message across, Avatar. It simply is not possible to do much when the media flat out ignores you. In fact, his communications skills are good enough that they attracted my attention in the first debate, when I had never heard of him.

I couldn't disagree more with the presumption that being unable to get the media to broadcast your image and words, means you would appear to be an ineffective president. People surely must know that the Presidency is a bully pulpit, and you can get as much attention as you want, and then some, once you are there. I prefer someone who is the real thing anyway, not some media-created image.

As for an ineffective internet campaign, he communicates quite a lot there.

This man has tons of experience, is a true conservative unlike others in this race, and he deserves to be treated seriously. For some reason, our pathetic system doesn't work that way.

You are missing my point: If you rely on the media to get your point accross than of course you won't do well.

That's my point. Complaining about the lack of media coverage is a deflection to the real problem. A problem to get the message out period. If you expect the media to get your point across rather than doing it yourself, then you are not going to be effective.

Kathianne
12-31-2007, 03:07 PM
You are missing my point: If you rely on the media to get your point accross than of course you won't do well.

That's my point. Complaining about the lack of media coverage is a deflection to the real problem. A problem to get the message out period. If you expect the media to get your point across rather than doing it yourself, then you are not going to be effective.

yep. Part of it is $$, part of it is making a stir. He has failed in both. Right now, so is Thompson.

Abbey Marie
12-31-2007, 03:11 PM
yep. Part of it is $$, part of it is making a stir. He has failed in both. Right now, so is Thompson.

Money starts to come in when the media attention is there first. It's a lousy Catch-22, and frankly, I believe it is the worst problem in our election system.

As for creating a stir, did Huckabee create a stir? I must have missed it. I believe the media did it for him.

Kathianne
12-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Money starts to come in when the media attention is there first. It's a lousy Catch-22, and frankly, I believe it is the worst problem in our election system.

As for creating a stir, did Huckabee create a stir? I must have missed it. I believe the media did it for him.

He engaged Guiliani and he engaged Paul. That created the stir.

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 04:36 PM

I agree about the money and the media Abbey. I also agree that the media has flat out done it's absolute best to ignore Hunter. Why? It ain't rocket science. Because the media is liberal, and Hunter is the most conservative candidate we have, and they don't want that. They don't want him to get any momentum. They don't want him to raise any more money, and they're certainly not going to help him.

Abbey Marie
12-31-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree about the money and the media Abbey. I also agree that the media has flat out done it's absolute best to ignore Hunter. Why? It ain't rocket science. Because the media is liberal, and Hunter is the most conservative candidate we have, and they don't want that. They don't want him to get any momentum. They don't want him to raise any more money, and they're certainly not going to help him.

So I sent him more money today. :salute: ;)

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 05:03 PM
So I sent him more money today. :salute: ;)

I sent him a donation right after Tancredo dropped out. I'd donated to Tancredo three times, and I plan to donate to Duncan again if he survives Iowa.

Abbey Marie
12-31-2007, 05:07 PM
I sent him a donation right after Tancredo dropped out. I'd donated to Tancredo three times, and I plan to donate to Duncan again if he survives Iowa.

:thumb: :beer:

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-31-2007, 06:55 PM

As for creating a stir, did Huckabee create a stir? I must have missed it. I believe the media did it for him. IS it just me or does it seem like the msm is pushing the more liberal Republicans while staying away from the Conservative ones ?

Abbey Marie
01-01-2008, 02:08 AM
IS it just me or does it seem like the msm is pushing the more liberal Republicans while staying away from the Conservative ones ?

I don't think it's just you.