PDA

View Full Version : I'm depressed and angry

jimnyc
12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
The little bastard, Porter, did it again last night. Jerome got a big bone for Christmas and was happily gnawing on it last night. He took a breather and left it on the floor, and Porter immediately took advantage of the situation and made it his bone within seconds. A few minutes later Jerome came back. He didn't get mad, nor did he try to take it back, he merely approached Porter and sort of sniffed the bone. Well, Porter is not the sharing type, and a fight broke out. Porter is like a 2lb devil reincarnated! The fight only lasted about 5-10 seconds before I pulled Porter off, and Jerome was walking around crying, but he always does that. We checked him for any cuts but he seemed fine. He always whines after a fight with Porter because he feels bad and just doesn't like to fight with the little guy. Jerome is a lover, not a fighter!

Well, I wake up this morning and noticed that Jerome only had his right eye opened half way and it was wet and had a little discharge coming out. I didn't think much of it, just figured it was a scratch and it would fix itself. We made a vet appointment for 4 this afternoon just to make sure and have it checked.

Turns out he has a "deep ulcer of the eye", or a pretty good scratch on his cornea and will apparently need emergency surgery. They said he's probably in a fair amount of pain and that's why he's favoring it so much. They gave him eyedrops and another set of drops with a painkiller in it. They sent me home with pills he needs to take for a week, antibiotic drops he needs to take 3 times a day for 2 weeks... and they took a blood sample from him, they put it in a centrifuge and separated something from it and made a medicine out of it for him for his eye. They sent us home with this medicine and plenty of syringes. He needs to have this dropped into his eye every 2-3 hours until he can see the doggy Opthamologist. Of course none will be around on New Years Day, so he'll have to be babied until we can get him an emergency appointment on Wed. morning.

And now the woman wants to kill Porter, who she has hated from day one anyway.

:(

MtnBiker
12-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Bummer! I feel bad for Jerome. What is Porter by they way?

OCA
12-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Jimmy cheer up, dogs will be dogs, they fight from time to time, its what they do and usually one of them takes an ass whoopin.

Moi ain't gonna do nothing to your pooch but I think you need to call the dog whisperer.

jimnyc
12-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Bummer! I feel bad for Jerome. What is Porter by they way?

Porter is a Chihuahua, Jerome is a Pug.

Jimmy cheer up, dogs will be dogs, they fight from time to time, its what they do and usually one of them takes an ass whoopin.

Moi ain't gonna do nothing to your pooch but I think you need to call the dog whisperer.

He'll be fine in the long run but for now he's suffering and I feel bad. He's gotta walk around and sleep with that damn cone around his head. You know how much surgery is gonna cost for his damn eye??????!!!!!

MtnBiker
12-31-2007, 07:35 PM
BTW my dog bit my hand last night, it was mostly an accident, he didn't mean to do it. But he made a nice puncture and my hand swelled up, ouch!

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 07:55 PM
BTW my dog bit my hand last night, it was mostly an accident, he didn't mean to do it. But he made a nice puncture and my hand swelled up, ouch!

Yeah if I had a dollar for every time my cat has drawn blood on me, just from playing with him, I could go out and buy a brand new Corvette.

Pale Rider
12-31-2007, 07:57 PM
The little bastard, Porter, did it again last night. Jerome got a big bone for Christmas and was happily gnawing on it last night. He took a breather and left it on the floor, and Porter immediately took advantage of the situation and made it his bone within seconds. A few minutes later Jerome came back. He didn't get mad, nor did he try to take it back, he merely approached Porter and sort of sniffed the bone. Well, Porter is not the sharing type, and a fight broke out. Porter is like a 2lb devil reincarnated! The fight only lasted about 5-10 seconds before I pulled Porter off, and Jerome was walking around crying, but he always does that. We checked him for any cuts but he seemed fine. He always whines after a fight with Porter because he feels bad and just doesn't like to fight with the little guy. Jerome is a lover, not a fighter!

Well, I wake up this morning and noticed that Jerome only had his right eye opened half way and it was wet and had a little discharge coming out. I didn't think much of it, just figured it was a scratch and it would fix itself. We made a vet appointment for 4 this afternoon just to make sure and have it checked.

Turns out he has a "deep ulcer of the eye", or a pretty good scratch on his cornea and will apparently need emergency surgery. They said he's probably in a fair amount of pain and that's why he's favoring it so much. They gave him eyedrops and another set of drops with a painkiller in it. They sent me home with pills he needs to take for a week, antibiotic drops he needs to take 3 times a day for 2 weeks... and they took a blood sample from him, they put it in a centrifuge and separated something from it and made a medicine out of it for him for his eye. They sent us home with this medicine and plenty of syringes. He needs to have this dropped into his eye every 2-3 hours until he can see the doggy Opthamologist. Of course none will be around on New Years Day, so he'll have to be babied until we can get him an emergency appointment on Wed. morning.

And now the woman wants to kill Porter, who she has hated from day one anyway.

:(

I think from this point on, if one gets a bone, so should the other one, or neither, if they don't get along any better than that.

jackass
12-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Thats a bummer Jim. Sorry to hear it. I was going to make a wiseass remark but I do feel bad.

Thats what you get for having a rat for a dog though!!

Sorry I couldnt make it all the way through! :finger3:

Seriously though, OCA was right. Dogs will fight once in a while.

Said1
01-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Poor dog. Why are the little bastards always so mean?

My beagle always has stinky ears. He chewed up the last bottle of ear drops, he HATES them.

PS: You're always angry and depressed. :finger3:

Sir Evil
01-01-2008, 11:10 AM
So I guess Porter will be right next to you in the doghouse eh? :laugh2:

Jerome will be fine but ya better toughen him up some.

82Marine89
01-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Want that I should have to send over Tank the Wonder Pug to protect him?

Seriously, I hope the little guy is OK. I have a soft spot for Pugs.

dan
01-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that, Jim, poor Jerome! Sucky way to spend new year's!

Joan
01-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Tell Jerome Grandma Joan loves him lots, hold out your leg and let him hump it awhile, I pray for him, I love that little pervert! As for Porter, how could anyone not love him (although he does look like an overgrown rat). He just doesn't like to share any goodies!!

LiberalNation
01-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Chihuahuas, agressive lil rats. Gimmie almost any dog over one of them.

pegwinn
01-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow. Porter must have a bit o mastiff blood in him. Most Chihuahuas are chew toys. My dog has a protective instinct for the cats in the house. She'll play, but as soon as one of em squawks she skips out. If they are wrassling, then she takes the side of the smallest one.

glockmail
01-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Porter is a Chihuahua,... Feed him one last meal, stick him in a box and mail the little bastard to me. My Rat Terrier mix will finish him off. Let's teach that little fucker a permanent lesson.

Sitarro
01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
I was standing in line at the register of a Petsmart in Colorado, behind a lady with a Chihauhau. I asked her if she ever let it outside on it's own....... she said yes, in their backyard. I told her that what she should realize is that any decent sized Red Tail Hawk, Owl, or much worse.... a Golden Eagle, would have no problem picking it up and carrying it away for a quick lunch. The look on her face was one of shear horror. I then told her that even if she was in the backyard with him they would be tempted to still go for him. I don't think she slept well for a long time.:laugh2::laugh2: