PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek's Wonders 'Why We Were So Stupid'

red states rule
12-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Once again the liberal media insults those who do not buy into the scam known as global warming (or is global cooling or is it climate change?)

Now the scam involves telling us the damage cannot be reversed and we have to "adapt"

snip

It's such a polite, unthreatening word: "adapt." The kind of thing you do as you roll with the punches or keep a stiff upper lip, modifying your behavior to a new situation. But as it will be used in 2008, adaptation is a euphemism for widespread, expensive changes that will be needed to cope with climate change. Although some adaptations will be modest and low tech, such as cities' establishing cooling centers to shelter residents during heat waves, others will require such herculean efforts and be so costly that we'll look back on the era beginning in 1988, when credible warnings of climate change reached critical mass, and wonder why we were so stupid as to blow the chance to keep global warming to nothing more extreme than a few more mild days in March.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/81390

typomaniac
01-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I'll forward a copy of your post to Newsweek's editors. Then they won't have to wonder why people are so stupid: they can just see for themselves. :lol:

Psychoblues
01-02-2008, 12:14 AM
I don't think "stupid" is the word I would use. Uneducated is the word I would use and everyone knows the Repubs are scared to death of an educated populace.

actsnoblemartin
01-02-2008, 12:16 AM
elitism knows no bounderies.

I don't think "stupid" is the word I would use. Uneducated is the word I would use and everyone knows the Repubs are scared to death of an educated populace.

nevadamedic
01-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Once again the liberal media insults those who do not buy into the scam known as global warming (or is global cooling or is it climate change?)

Now the scam involves telling us the damage cannot be reversed and we have to "adapt"

snip

It's such a polite, unthreatening word: "adapt." The kind of thing you do as you roll with the punches or keep a stiff upper lip, modifying your behavior to a new situation. But as it will be used in 2008, adaptation is a euphemism for widespread, expensive changes that will be needed to cope with climate change. Although some adaptations will be modest and low tech, such as cities' establishing cooling centers to shelter residents during heat waves, others will require such herculean efforts and be so costly that we'll look back on the era beginning in 1988, when credible warnings of climate change reached critical mass, and wonder why we were so stupid as to blow the chance to keep global warming to nothing more extreme than a few more mild days in March.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/81390

I love Duncan Hunter's position on Global Warming :) In No shape, way or form does it exist.

Psychoblues
01-02-2008, 01:01 AM
martin, I am living in a trailer house in the country. Although all 3 of my kids are college educated, doing far better than I ever did, why do you want to slur me as an elitist?

elitism knows no bounderies.

Maybe you need to check your foundations.

actsnoblemartin
01-02-2008, 01:05 AM
I knew you would come to that conclusion

but i wasnt talking about you

elitism has no bounderies, meaning anyone can be elitist.

A college education is over rated, not everyone is equipped... and not everyone needs it

no slur meant against you

martin, I am living in a trailer house in the country. Although all 3 of my kids are college educated, doing far better than I ever did, why do you want to slur me as an elitist?

Maybe you need to check your foundations.

Psychoblues
01-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Your apology is accepted.

I knew you would come to that conclusion

but i wasnt talking about you

elitism has no bounderies, meaning anyone can be elitist.

A college education is over rated, not everyone is equipped... and not everyone needs it

no slur meant against you

But, don't confuse your own perceived elitism with anything to do with education. It is attitude that I look for and so far yours is lacking in understanding the plights of the many against the profits of the few.

But, again, I am a Democrat. I really didn't expect you to understand.

red states rule
01-02-2008, 05:23 AM
Your apology is accepted.

But, don't confuse your own perceived elitism with anything to do with education. It is attitude that I look for and so far yours is lacking in understanding the plights of the many against the profits of the few.

But, again, I am a Democrat. I really didn't expect you to understand.

People are getting both sides of the global warming saga (or is it global cooling?) and that is what bugs the libs

Here is a snip from an oped from Investor's Business Daily

2. Global Warming 'Consensus' Fades

If 2007 was the Year of Al Gore, with his movie, Academy Award and Nobel Prize, 2008 just might be the year the so-called scientific consensus that man is causing the Earth to warm begins to crack.

The fissures started to show in 2007: Prominent French physicist Claude Allegre called Gore a crook and equates Gore's French followers with religious zealots. Weather Channel founder and meteorologist John Coleman said global warming is "the greatest scam in history." Gore continued to duck open invitations to debate his theory. More than 400 scientists disputed the global warming claims.

Though they were shut out of the meeting, dissenting scientists were able to get a bit of media attention at the December climate conference in Bali.

Richard Lindzen, professor of atmospheric science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, told us that it will take several years for the climate change scare to finally die. But the death spiral will begin at some point, and it looks like the spinning will start in '08.

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=283994812311134

PB thanks for fessing up you are a Dem - the first step on the road to recovery is to admit you have a problem

gabosaurus
01-03-2008, 02:09 AM
I'll forward a copy of your post to Newsweek's editors. Then they won't have to wonder why people are so stupid: they can just see for themselves. :lol:

Where is that clapping emoticon when you need it :lmao:

red states rule
01-03-2008, 05:55 AM
I wonder if Al Gore is giving a lecture today on how the Earth is burning up? If he is, I hope he is wearing some warm clothing

It is cold all over the nation this morning