PDA

View Full Version : New York City's carriage horses may disappear

stephanie
01-01-2008, 05:16 AM
shucks...say goodbye to a NY tradition...the poor horsies gotta go bye bye..Hey at least your Democrats are looking out for the animals.....Screw you people......Enjoy..

by Paola Messana
Tue Jan 1, 1:42 AM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - A New York City tourist attraction, the carriage horses lined up at Central Park may soon become a thing of the past if the City Council adopts a proposal to ban it as a tradition cruel to animals.

Council member Tony Avella, a Democrat, introduced the bill in mid-December and Council President Christine Quinn has yet to include it on the board's agenda on an unspecified date, said Avella press office.

The Horse and Carriage Association of New York representing carriage horse owners has the support of Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who considers the quaint transport an integral part of the Big Apple's tourist appeal.

All decked out in plastic flowers for the New Year festivities, some 70 carriage horses do a brisk trade as they parade non-stop up and down the streets of the city.

"I cannot talk, I'm going to reach 15 rides today, it's a record," said a young Turkish coach woman who came to the United States four years ago.

"Tourists give good tips, we make good days," she added as she led her horse to a drinking trough while a Mexican moved his horse up behind her.

Snip:
Sensing the changing times, small business groups in the city have launched a promising human-powered mode of transport in Manhattan: bicycle rickshaws
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/Nybike.jpg

..(aww how romantic..)

read the rest..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080101/ts_afp/lifestyleustourismanimalhorses

red states rule
01-01-2008, 08:05 AM
shucks...say goodbye to a NY tradition...the poor horsies gotta go bye bye..Hey at least your Democrats are looking out for the animals.....Screw you people......Enjoy..

by Paola Messana
Tue Jan 1, 1:42 AM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - A New York City tourist attraction, the carriage horses lined up at Central Park may soon become a thing of the past if the City Council adopts a proposal to ban it as a tradition cruel to animals.

Council member Tony Avella, a Democrat, introduced the bill in mid-December and Council President Christine Quinn has yet to include it on the board's agenda on an unspecified date, said Avella press office.

The Horse and Carriage Association of New York representing carriage horse owners has the support of Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who considers the quaint transport an integral part of the Big Apple's tourist appeal.

All decked out in plastic flowers for the New Year festivities, some 70 carriage horses do a brisk trade as they parade non-stop up and down the streets of the city.

"I cannot talk, I'm going to reach 15 rides today, it's a record," said a young Turkish coach woman who came to the United States four years ago.

"Tourists give good tips, we make good days," she added as she led her horse to a drinking trough while a Mexican moved his horse up behind her.

Snip:
Sensing the changing times, small business groups in the city have launched a promising human-powered mode of transport in Manhattan: bicycle rickshaws
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/Nybike.jpg

..(aww how romantic..)

read the rest..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080101/ts_afp/lifestyleustourismanimalhorses

As usual, Dems are putting all their energy into solving the real problems and urgent needs of the citizens

stephanie
01-01-2008, 08:20 AM
As usual, Dems are putting all their energy into solving the real problems and urgent needs of the citizens

But...this is not only looking out for the animal, but also for the good of their subjects(citizens)...No matter those subjects(citizens) will now have to try and find some other type of work and a New York tradition will go down the shithole...But hey....at least the horsies will be taken care of....it's all good...:cheers2:

red states rule
01-01-2008, 08:25 AM
But...this is not only looking out for the animal, but also for the good of their subjects(citizens)...No matter those subjects(citizens) will now have to try and find some other type of work...But hey....at least the horsies will be taken care of....it's all good...:cheers2:
Since when do Dems give a damn about the working people? They take a third of their income in taxes, reulate their business to death, and now want to out them out of business

stephanie
01-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Since when do Dems give a damn about the working people? They take a third of their income in taxes, reulate their business to death, and now want to out them out of business

What? don't fool with me now...I was always told the Democrat Party stood up for "the little people"..

Now I'm confused...:coffee:

red states rule
01-01-2008, 08:35 AM
What? don't fool with me now...I was always told the Democrat Party stood up for "the little people"..

Now I'm confused...:coffee:

It is more like stand over and look down on "the little people"

Hillary said there are many people in this country that are never seen -that is because she is to busy walking over them to notice them

stephanie
01-01-2008, 08:52 AM
It is more like stand over and look down on "the little people"

Hillary said there are many people in this country that are never seen -that is because she is to busy walking over them to notice them

Well...as long as the animals are taken of...I'm sure the subjects won't mind...
and in 20 yrs New Yorkers won't even hardly remember there used to horse drawn carriages in their city

Ain't life grand..:cheers2:

red states rule
01-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Well...as long as the animals are taken of...I'm sure the subjects won't mind...
and in 20 yrs New Yorkers won't even hardly remember there used to horse drawn carriages in their city

Ain't life grand..:cheers2:

Libs are a very strange bunch of kooks

Put people out of work (then blame Bush for it) and send Mr Ed off to a horse farm (and have the taxpayers pay for the upkeep of the farm)

stephanie
01-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Libs are a very strange bunch of kooks

Put people out of work (then blame Bush for it) and send Mr Ed off to a horse farm (and have the taxpayers pay for the upkeep of the farm)

What a country...where the animals have it better than it's subjects..:cheers2:

red states rule
01-01-2008, 09:09 AM
What a country...where the animals have it better than it's subjects..:cheers2:

That is the way it is in Liberalville USA

Hell we will all be on welfare but we will have Hillarycare

If the people in NY City are stupid enough to keep voting in libs then they get what they deserve - maybe one day they will wake up if their trance and see what libs are doing to their city

stephanie
01-01-2008, 09:16 AM
That is the way it is in Libertyville USA

Hell we will all be on welfare but we will have Hillarycare

If the people in NY City are stupid enough to keep voting in libs then they get what they deserve - maybe one day they will wake up if their trance and see what libs are doing to their city

I doubt that...as we've been told...they are now the majority in the United States, and Conservatism is dead..
so we all better get used to living this way....Even though they are chipping away our freedoms every day..But...they know whats good for us.....I can't hardly wait for more...yippee..:dance:

red states rule
01-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I doubt that...as we've been told...they are now the majority, so we all better get used to living this way....I love the fact they are chipping away of our freedoms every day..But...they know whats good for us.....I can't hardly wait for more...yippee..:dance:

They are far from the majority stephanie

Look at the Electoral Map from both 2000 and 2004. There is no way the Dems will make the gains they need to win

The US is not a liberal country

stephanie
01-01-2008, 09:49 AM
They are far from the majority Stephanie

Look at the Electoral Map from both 2000 and 2004. There is no way the Dems will make the gains they need to win

The US is not a liberal country

Well then...we can only hope people will start standing up to their own kooky liberal governments..But...now their wanting to get rid of their horsies and if they don't speak out about that...I don't see that happening anytime soon...:laugh2::cheers2:

red states rule
01-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Well then...we can only hope people will start standing up to their own kooky liberal governments..But...now their wanting to get rid of their horsies and if they don't speak out about that...I don't see that happening anytime soon...:laugh2::cheers2:

We are talking about NYC

Right now Dems have lower approval numbers then the Republicans did before the voters fired them in 06. We can only hope they react the same way in 08

Hillary will bring out more Republican voters to vote against her then any of our candidates will that will vote for them

gabosaurus
01-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Most useless topic of the new year. Already. I can always count on Stephanie to do this. :laugh2:

Hugh Lincoln
01-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Solution:

Hook up a team of four illegals to a harness.

stephanie
01-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Most useless topic of the new year. Already. I can always count on Stephanie to do this. :laugh2:

When a person has to run around on an Internet board just to go out of their way to put down another person...I would say you know exactly what USLESS is all about...

But if this is what gets your little girl jollies off...then have it...:cheers2:

Sitarro
01-01-2008, 06:45 PM
"After simmering for years, the controversy resurfaced in September when a horse, spooked by the loud drumming of a break-dancing group, bolted and hit a tree, injuring itself so badly it had to be put down."

I would be for banning break-dance groups along with subwoofer dufusses in cars.

gabosaurus
01-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Solution:

Hook up a team of four illegals to a harness.

If there are any black people waiting for carriages, I am sure Hugh would be willing to drag them behind his pick up truck.

Hugh Lincoln
01-02-2008, 08:41 PM
If there are any black people waiting for carriages, I am sure Hugh would be willing to drag them behind his pick up truck.

Better idea: just have the Hispanics shoot the blacks. Oh, wait. They're already doing that.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/usa/news/article_1369000.php/Hispanic_gangs_target_Blacks_in_Los_Angeles.

I tell ya. That really is doing the work Americans won't do.

Abbey Marie
01-02-2008, 08:53 PM
NYC is a crazy place for horses. And they really suffer in the summer heat. Same thing for Philly, etc. This is an area where I think Dems/libs/whomever got it right.