PDA

View Full Version : Clock running down on Bush presidency

red states rule
01-01-2008, 08:09 AM
This AP writer must not be up on current events. Pres Bush has ran rings arounf the Dems, and had defeated the Reid and Pelosi Congress on many issues

He is probably pissed off since Pres Bush and VP Cheney will NOT be impeached

Clock running down on Bush presidency
By BEN FELLER, Associated Press Writer
Mon Dec 31, 6:06 PM ET

CRAWFORD, Texas - President Bush's final-year agenda is a stripped-down list of what he can realistically hope to get done, since the clout he once touted is fading away.

Bush will venture to four other continents, get more involved than ever in trying to forge Middle East peace, and continue to command two wars that assure his relevancy to the end. As Iraq improves, he must now deal with renewed violence in Afghanistan and upheaval in Pakistan.

At home, Bush will try to extend two domestic achievements that are dear to his legacy — the No Child Left Behind education law, and tax cuts that otherwise expire in 2010.

Long gone are the big ideas of Social Security and immigration reform, which collapsed on Capitol Hill. His final State of the Union speech in late January is expected to reflect today's policy reality, eschewing new initiatives in favor of unfinished proposals.

As at any time, Bush has forces pushing against him. But the ones in 2008 are stronger.

A hostile Congress awaits the president as he returns from fishing, cutting brush and clearing trails at his secluded Texas ranch. Bush and the Democratic Congress clashed all year on the war, spending, health care and tactics for interrogating terror suspects.

"It's going to be a year of angst and struggle — more of '07," said James Thurber, an American University political scientist who researches relations between the two branches.

In political terms, Bush's last year in office is really less than 12 months.

for the complete article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071231/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_final_year

DrJohn
01-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I will be glad when he's out of office.

I don't apologize for that either.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I will be glad when he's out of office.

I don't apologize for that either.

Then who will the left direct their hate and rage toward - the next Republican President who will take office on 1/20/09?

DrJohn
01-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Then who will the left direct their hate and rage toward - the next Republican President who will take office on 1/20/09?

Not having a Dem in the White House hasn't lessened the repubs' willingness to "hate", so when the Democratic candidate wins the election, I'm sure the rest of the dems will focus on someone.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Not having a Dem in the White House hasn't lessened the repubs' willingness to "hate", so when the Democratic candidate wins the election, I'm sure the rest of the dems will focus on someone.

What is hate - having a different opinion? Bush hatred with the left has become their full time job in the last 7 years

DrJohn
01-01-2008, 12:05 PM
What is hate - having a different opinion? Bush hatred with the left has become their full time job in the last 7 years

So when the repubs do it, it is just "having a different opinion" but when the dems do it,it's hate.

Hard to argue with that kind if logic.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 12:08 PM
So when the repubs do it, it is just "having a different opinion" but when the dems do it,it's hate.

Hard to argue with that kind if logic.

Ok, when did nay elected Republican openly hope for the death of Pres Clinton, or can him dreanged, or compare him to Hitler, or say he started a war for personal gain, or blame him for hurricans that hit the US, or a bridge collapse?

Need more?

I have alot more

82Marine89
01-01-2008, 12:17 PM
This AP writer must not be up on current events. Pres Bush has ran rings arounf the Dems, and had defeated the Reid and Pelosi Congress on many issues

Bush has had a summer picnic with the dems for the past seven years. He sided with them on amnesty, he gave them the prescription drug bill, he made sure we wasted more of my tax dollars on making sure no child is left behind. He can kiss my ass. I voted for that bastard twice and he did more for the dems than he promised to do for us.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Bush has had a summer picnic with the dems for the past seven years. He sided with them on amnesty, he gave them the prescription drug bill, he made sure we wasted more of my tax dollars on making sure no child is left behind. He can kiss my ass. I voted for that bastard twice and he did more for the dems than he promised to do for us.

He has also stopped them form surrender in iraq, made them back down on icreased spending and pork, expanding government run health care, and got two good Judges on the USSC

Again, he is not running again, yet the Dems are still running against him

DrJohn
01-01-2008, 12:26 PM
He has also stopped them form surrender in iraq, made them back down on icreased spending and pork, expanding government run health care, and got two good Judges on the USSC

Bush is the titular head of the republican party.
All the Dems are doing is pointing out the things that Bush has done, as if they needed reminding.

Maybe he can get the repubs to back down on the pork and do something about the ever-increasing deficit.
The Dems didn't do it all--remember which party controlled both Congress and the White House for so long.
The dems have to share the blame but the repubs try to make us forget that they are guilty, too---maybe more so, when they were in charge for six years.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Bush is the titular head of the republican party.
All the Dems are doing is pointing out the things that Bush has done, as if they needed reminding.

Maybe he can get the repubs to back down on the pork and do something about the ever-increasing deficit.
The Dems didn't do it all--remember which party controlled both Congress and the White House for so long.
The dems have to share the blame but the repubs try to make us forget that they are guilty, too---maybe more so, when they were in charge for six years.

Funny how Pres Bush has to make the Dems back down - since Dems promised they were going to do those things anyway of they were elected

I can think of only a couple promsies Dems have kept - they did increase the minimum wage and they did work a five day week for a few months

Other then that.............

82Marine89
01-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Bottom line is he has done more harm than good to this great Nation. He didn't give a shit when the pubbies were spending like drunken sailors in a whore house. Why should he care when the dems do it? He got two judges there after trying to send a shitty one. He spit on every American by calling us lazy and saying we refuse to do hard work. Like I said, he can kiss my Red, White, and Blue ass.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Bottom line is he has done more harm than good to this great Nation. He didn't give a shit when the pubbies were spending like drunken sailors in a whore house. Why should he care when the dems do it? He got two judges there after trying to send a shitty one. He spit on every American by calling us lazy and saying we refuse to do hard work. Like I said, he can kiss my Red, White, and Blue ass.

Has he made mistakes - of course he has

But he is a hell of alot better then Gore or Kerry

82Marine89
01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Has he made mistakes - of course he has

But he is a hell of alot better then Gore or Kerry

You need to stop making excuses for him and hold him accountable for what he has and hasn't done.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 12:38 PM
You need to stop making excuses for him and hold him accountable for what he has and hasn't done.

I have - on the same issues you listed. Bush was dead wrong on the spending, the illegals, Myers, and adding more bloated government programs

But he has good many good things as well

Am I glad he can;t run again - you bet

But I do believe history will judge him well - much like history has to Truman

82Marine89
01-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I have - on the same issues you listed. Bush was dead wrong on the spending, the illegals, Myers, and adding more bloated government programs

But he has good many good things as well

Am I glad he can;t run again - you bet

But I do believe history will judge him well - much like history has to Truman

I view him as a man who had potential, but got drunk with the power of being president. He wasted his chance to make this a better country.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I view him as a man who had potential, but got drunk with the power of being president. He wasted his chance to make this a better country.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give him a 6

and wish him well in retirement. I do hope unlike Clinton and Carter he becomes an ex President and stays out of the public eye

OCA
01-01-2008, 02:06 PM

You always run against changing the policies of a lame duck president.

If Bush was so good why are the Repub candidates avoiding mention of his name like the plague?

red states rule
01-02-2008, 05:55 AM
You always run against changing the policies of a lame duck president.

If Bush was so good why are the Repub candidates avoiding mention of his name like the plague?

Dems are moving more and more to the left -which I am happy to see.

Pres Bush is not running again, so what is the big deal? You and the Dems need to give it up and tell us what YOU want if they win

I know it would be something new for both of you - but give it a try