PDA

View Full Version : *How Is Your Hangover?*

chesswarsnow
01-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Heyman, how is that royal hangover hanging?
2. Did you over do it last night again?
3. Drinking large amounts of booze tend to pickle the brain.
4. Did you do something stupid you would like to reveal today?
5. Here's the place to do it.
6. This isn't a bash anyone who reveals their misgivings, just a place to commiserate.
7. Read this:http://www.mercurynews.com/lifeandstyleheadlines/ci_7848194?nclick_check=1

"

How to avoid starting '08 with a pounding headache

Before throwing back those celebratory glasses of champagne, whiskey or beer tonight, consider what will happen when that booze - usually too much of it - makes its way through you.

That's right: The infamous New Year's Day hangover.

But with a few smart strategies, and a little self-control, you can raise a midnight toast - and still raise yourself the next day.

"It is feasible to prevent a hangover," said Dr. Jerry Goldstein, a University of California-San Francisco neurologist and director of the San Francisco Headache Clinic.

So long, he added, as you follow the advice of hangover experts like Goldstein before, during and after your New Year's celebrations.

Let the good times roll

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
01-01-2008, 11:02 AM
If you don't drink, you never experience hangovers.
I was busy with the surge, anyway.

Sir Evil
01-01-2008, 11:13 AM
How to avoid starting '08 with a pounding headache

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Umm, ya couldn't have posted this yesterday?

My head is pounding big time. One day I'll figure how to handle those drinks...

Said1
01-01-2008, 11:29 AM

Wasn't is Johnny who swore cabbage worked? Try eggrolls. :laugh2:

Sir Evil
01-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Wasn't is Johnny who swore cabbage worked? Try eggrolls. :laugh2:

:laugh2:

Johnny would have the answers if anyone!

DrJohn
01-01-2008, 11:40 AM
I didn't imbibe last night.

I was a good boy, for a change of pace.

dan
01-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Drink two glasses of water right before bed, and take 2 aspirin (they say you shouldn't do this, so use your discretion).

No hangover this year for me, but I took it easy since I went so overboard the wekend before christmas.

Yurt
01-01-2008, 12:38 PM
i'm soberly drunk

jackass
01-01-2008, 12:40 PM

Dude...ALL you need is 2 large glasses of water before going to bed. Thats it! Works EVERY time.

Hangover is mostly because youre dehydrated. Try it once and you will never look for another "cure".

From Yahoo Health:
Drink Up!
Water, that is. Alcohol dehydrates your system, and drinking plenty of water will help combat all of your unpleasant hangover symptoms, rehydrate your body, as well as flush the wastes from your body.

MtnBiker
01-01-2008, 12:41 PM
If you don't drink, you never experience hangovers.

See abstinence works. ;)

Pale Rider
01-01-2008, 12:53 PM
No hangover here. Had two short Jim Beam and Cokes all night. Went to bed shortly after midnight. Feel great this morning.

red states rule
01-01-2008, 12:57 PM
I never touch the stuff, so I never have a hangover

BoogyMan
01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I never touch the stuff, so I never have a hangover

I never touch the stuff either, woke up clear headed as usual and don't have to worry about whether or not I did something stupid!

red states rule
01-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I never touch the stuff either, woke up clear headed as usual and don't have to worry about whether or not I did something stupid!

I never liked the taste anyway. I see others who go out drinking, then they look like shit the next day and they tell me about the great time they had last night

MtnBiker
01-01-2008, 01:24 PM
No hangover here, I enjoyed 2 glass of red wine with dinner, then a Full Moon beer later. :beer:

Said1
01-01-2008, 01:51 PM
:laugh2:

Johnny would have the answers if anyone!

As a matter of fact, I think the first time I ever posted at USMB, I was seriously hung over and had a friendly little discussion about hang over cures with you AND Johnny. :laugh2: