PDA

View Full Version : Well I'll Be DAMNED.... UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Pale Rider
01-01-2008, 12:23 PM
TV Cuts Candidates From Debates, Angering Paul Backers

NEW YORK (AP) -- ABC and Fox News Channel are narrowing the field of presidential candidates invited to debates this weekend just before the New Hampshire primary, in Fox's case infuriating supporters of Republican Rep. Ron Paul.

Fox News says it has limited space in its studio, which leaves Rep. Ron Paul out of a weekend debate.

The roster of participants for ABC's back-to-back, prime-time Republican and Democratic debates Saturday in New Hampshire will be determined after results of Thursday's Iowa caucus become clear.

Fox, meanwhile, has invited five GOP candidates to a forum with Chris Wallace scheduled for its mobile studio in New Hampshire on Sunday. Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee received invites, leaving Paul of Texas and Rep. Duncan Hunter of California on the sidelines.

Complete story... (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/31/debate.limits.ap/index.html)

Pale Rider
01-01-2008, 12:26 PM
That headline should read... "angering Paul AND Hunter backers."

This is just horse shit! Talk the damn media shoving who THEY want down your throat. I am PISSED, and I'm going to let them know it, TODAY! Fox News... I've been getting a little disenfranchised with them lately anyway, and now this. Those son of a bitches.

82Marine89
01-01-2008, 12:32 PM
It's time to take our country back by whatever means necessary.

MtnBiker
01-01-2008, 12:36 PM
It's time to take our country back by whatever means necessary.

:dunno:

How is that going to change what a news channel chooses to broadcast?

82Marine89
01-01-2008, 12:39 PM
:dunno:

How is that going to change what a news channel chooses to broadcast?

I don't watch Faux News, but to answer the question, if enough people voice their dissatisfaction with their choice and choose not to spend our money with their advertisers, we can make our voices heard.

Dilloduck
01-01-2008, 12:39 PM
So are they hoping for a public backflash or planning on just going to ignore it?

01-01-2008, 12:49 PM
ive read the story is a hoax because Fox isnt sponsoring any debate before NH.

I unfortunately, don't have a link on me. ill look for info.

Pale Rider
01-01-2008, 12:49 PM
They're trying to pick your candidate for you is what they're doing. This really pisses me off, big time. Tried to call Fucks News and their line is busy.... wonder why?

Pale Rider
01-01-2008, 12:50 PM
ive read the story is a hoax because Fox isnt sponsoring any debate before NH.

I unfortunately, don't have a link on me. ill look for info.

The story is a HOAX?

01-01-2008, 12:52 PM
The story is a HOAX?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59442

Hugh Lincoln
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
In our so-called free country, media elites and other appointed gatekeepers decide who will be our leaders. We are not so different from communist countries in that respect. Fox News wants neocons like Giuliani or McCain to be president, because they are "Israel first."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/01/should-ron-paul.html

Pale Rider
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59442

Wow. Wouldn't ya know. CNN would still be running the story.

It's a relief the story is false. Nice find avatar. Thanks Bud.

01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Wow. Wouldn't ya know. CNN would still be running the story.

It's a relief the story is false. Nice find avatar. Thanks Bud.

Things may have changed since it was written. and i will admit WND isnt the most reliable source, so you still may be right. I was just posting what I had read elsewhere.

OCA
01-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Lets face it, we will hear dropping out speeches by both these candidates before this month is over so it really don't matter.

01-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Lets face it, we will hear dropping out speeches by both these candidates before this month is over so it really don't matter.

Hunter, maybe. Paul... i dont know about Paul. I think he is probably going to be in it for the long haul. Im not sure he will win any states. but i dont think he is going to drop out at all.

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59442never mind

Pale Rider
01-01-2008, 08:34 PM

As much as I HATE to admit that, you may be right. I hope you're not though. Hunter is the best conservative in the bunch, and if he drops out, the Republican field will become all second tier choices for me. None of them are true conservatives. I'll be as much voting AGAINST a democrat as voting FOR a Republican if Hunter drops out.

Kathianne
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
HA HA HA more prove Ron Paul is an IDIOT

From what I've been able to tell, the debate is on and so far RP and DH are not invited. Whether it's FOX or whether is NH GOP it's hard to tell. Over a year ago I liked what I was hearing about Ron Paul, so I started researching a bit, didn't like what I found. I'm sure most of you have heard about Don Black and the $500 RP refused to return, the problems with his background and many of his backers is what convinced me that there was no way I could vote for him.

It has little to do with $500, though likely much more, but again, that's besides the point.

People speak about his tax rating being so high, he also has 100% rating from the John Birch Society. Here he speaks out against the UN, something I'm often posting about, but at the John Birch Society? Once again, show me who your friends are...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6ciz4WYd3g&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6ciz4WYd3g&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

nevadamedic
01-01-2008, 09:47 PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- ABC and Fox News Channel are narrowing the field of presidential candidates invited to debates this weekend just before the New Hampshire primary, in Fox's case infuriating supporters of Republican Rep. Ron Paul.

Fox News says it has limited space in its studio, which leaves Rep. Ron Paul out of a weekend debate.

The roster of participants for ABC's back-to-back, prime-time Republican and Democratic debates Saturday in New Hampshire will be determined after results of Thursday's Iowa caucus become clear.

Fox, meanwhile, has invited five GOP candidates to a forum with Chris Wallace scheduled for its mobile studio in New Hampshire on Sunday. Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee received invites, leaving Paul of Texas and Rep. Duncan Hunter of California on the sidelines.

Complete story... (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/31/debate.limits.ap/index.html)

Wow.......... This is so F$%^ing stupid. Everyone knows I can't stand Ron Paul and if I thought Duncan Hunter could win I would be behind him 110% as he is the best candidate for the job. These two shouldn't be left out of any Debate, it is bullshit. The people deserve to see and hear EVERY candidate. I am done with Fox News. Once again we are letting the media control who gets elected, not the people.

On the other hand I guess it doesn't matter if they arn't there because even if they were Fox News wouldn't give them any questions which is bullshit. Every Debate so far only the top tier candidates get questions and the others get a bone every now and then, but not often. I think that is crap as well. I am a supporter of McCain but I do want to hear from EVERY candidate because I want to know their views on certain things. I think that every candidate should be given the same amount of questions. I also believe this should be the case with the Democrats as well. It seems like Hitlery, Obama Bin Laden and Edwards gets all the questions and Dodd, Richardson, Biden, Gravel and the others get left out in the cold and thats bullshit.

Avatar and Pale Rider, the Debate is on and the two are out according to Newsmax as well and Newsmax is pretty accurate. http://www.newsmax.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Furious_over_Fox/2008/01/01/60958.html

As far as what OCA said about them dropping out before the end of the month it wont happen. Ron Paul is to hard headed to do that. He plans on running on a different ticket if he loses. Congressman Duncan Hunter is a man of honor and integrity and he wont drop out at all. He is a man that see's things through completly. Just because numbers arn't in his favor doesn't mean he will quit, he is not a quitter and I admire him for that. This man is a hero in every sense of the word. I am very good friends with the people running his campaign here in Nevada and they said that he will see this thing through until the end.

I completly agree with Marine on his statement. Do you all recall what happened when the Amnesty bill came up? The country wen't apeshit, people started speaking out and we won. The same can happen here. Imagine if everyone sent a letter to Fox News threatening not to watch their station again and possibly attached a petition to their letter even with only a couple signatures. Fox News would reconsider really quick. Then take it a step further, what if the same people each wrote a letter to the major companies who advertise on that station threatening to boycott their products if they continue to advertise on Fox News, the people would speak again and we would win.

It is bullshit saying they don't have room, it doesn't take that much room and they could always move the debate location, they are taking the American votes for fools and we shouldn't take that. I have already written a letter and an email. I read that people were going to call and thats great but also put it in writing as anything in writing is a lot more effective.

LiberalNation
01-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Now people are saying the first story was correct.

http://www.nyobserver.com/2008/foxs-explanation-doesnt-pass-sniff-test

LiberalNation
01-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Newsmax is pretty accurate.
Newsmax is propaganda for the repubs.

nevadamedic
01-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Newsmax is propaganda for the repubs.

Bullshit.

LiberalNation
01-02-2008, 12:42 AM
LOL They don't even claim to be unbiased or a neutral source.

nevadamedic
01-02-2008, 12:50 AM
LOL They don't even claim to be unbiased or a neutral source.

They are also completly accurate.

01-02-2008, 01:57 AM
im at the point hwere i dont know which story is accurate. However, i think its wrong to eliminate them from a forum.

Kathianne
01-02-2008, 01:59 AM
im at the point hwere i dont know which story is accurate. However, i think its wrong to eliminate them from a forum.

I think Pegwinn hit this well, it's an 'invitation', from a private party. Not everyone is invited. Personally if the crazy uncle comes, I really don't care.

LuvRPgrl
01-02-2008, 02:11 AM
In our so-called free country, media elites and other appointed gatekeepers decide who will be our leaders. We are not so different from communist countries in that respect. Fox News wants neocons like Giuliani or McCain to be president, because they are "Israel first."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/01/should-ron-paul.html

Oh my GOD !!!! We are just like the COMMIES !!!!!!

You sound like a two year old, course you always have.

LuvRPgrl
01-02-2008, 02:12 AM

Get real, those guys are a waste of space anyways.

nevadamedic
01-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Oh my GOD !!!! We are just like the COMMIES !!!!!!

You sound like a two year old, course you always have.

Don't mind him, he is the board racist and Nazi.

LuvRPgrl
01-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Don't mind him, he is the board racist and Nazi.

Yea, Im familiar with the drone. Its really pretty sad and pathetic to seem him try to gander support by latching onto other issues, like illegal immigration. Bring those latent racists in through the back door.

Having never been racist myself, it didnt affect me that much, but the movie American History X I found one of the very, very very few hollywood productions that would actually have any impact on my REAL life thinking and acting. It really is such a ruggedly true movie.

LuvRPgrl
01-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow.......... This is so F$%^ing stupid. Everyone knows I can't stand Ron Paul and if I thought Duncan Hunter could win I would be behind him 110% as he is the best candidate for the job. These two shouldn't be left out of any Debate, it is bullshit. The people deserve to see and hear EVERY candidate. I am done with Fox News. Once again we are letting the media control who gets elected, not the people.

On the other hand I guess it doesn't matter if they arn't there because even if they were Fox News wouldn't give them any questions which is bullshit. Every Debate so far only the top tier candidates get questions and the others get a bone every now and then, but not often. I think that is crap as well. I am a supporter of McCain but I do want to hear from EVERY candidate because I want to know their views on certain things. I think that every candidate should be given the same amount of questions. I also believe this should be the case with the Democrats as well. It seems like Hitlery, Obama Bin Laden and Edwards gets all the questions and Dodd, Richardson, Biden, Gravel and the others get left out in the cold and thats bullshit.

Avatar and Pale Rider, the Debate is on and the two are out according to Newsmax as well and Newsmax is pretty accurate. http://www.newsmax.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Furious_over_Fox/2008/01/01/60958.html

As far as what OCA said about them dropping out before the end of the month it wont happen. Ron Paul is to hard headed to do that. He plans on running on a different ticket if he loses. Congressman Duncan Hunter is a man of honor and integrity and he wont drop out at all. He is a man that see's things through completly. Just because numbers arn't in his favor doesn't mean he will quit, he is not a quitter and I admire him for that. This man is a hero in every sense of the word. I am very good friends with the people running his campaign here in Nevada and they said that he will see this thing through until the end.

I completly agree with Marine on his statement. Do you all recall what happened when the Amnesty bill came up? The country wen't apeshit, people started speaking out and we won. The same can happen here. Imagine if everyone sent a letter to Fox News threatening not to watch their station again and possibly attached a petition to their letter even with only a couple signatures. Fox News would reconsider really quick. Then take it a step further, what if the same people each wrote a letter to the major companies who advertise on that station threatening to boycott their products if they continue to advertise on Fox News, the people would speak again and we would win.

It is bullshit saying they don't have room, it doesn't take that much room and they could always move the debate location, they are taking the American votes for fools and we shouldn't take that. I have already written a letter and an email. I read that people were going to call and thats great but also put it in writing as anything in writing is a lot more effective.

Actually, its so irrelevant anyways. The only people who make decisions based on the debates are real idiots anyways. The debates dont contain any information about the people themselves, its all showmanship, oppps, sorry hillary, didnt mean to be a sexist, I should say showMAN and showBITCHship anyways.

gabosaurus
01-09-2008, 12:07 AM
What gets me is that Paul has consistently registered the same poll numbers at Rudy. Yet Fox regularly praises Rudy and rarely mentions Paul.
Merely another case of Fox slanting the news.

manu1959
01-09-2008, 12:15 AM
What gets me is that Paul has consistently registered the same poll numbers at Rudy. Yet Fox regularly praises Rudy and rarely mentions Paul.
Merely another case of Fox slanting the news.

cnn backs whom....

Lazarus
01-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Sean Hannity was " chased " by Ron Paul fans because of Pauls' exclusion from the NH debate, and of course YT has the footage :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9uBLqz958

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Sean Hannity was " chased " by Ron Paul fans because of Pauls' exclusion from the NH debate, and of course YT has the footage :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9uBLqz958

Ron Paul is a nutbag and so are his supporters.