PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg Prepares to Run

nevadamedic
01-01-2008, 07:35 PM
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is seriously moving toward a decision to run for president as an independent in 2008 — and his aides are already laying the groundwork for a Bloomberg campaign.

As Newsmax has reported, several Bloomberg advisers have been quietly feeling out potential campaign consultants regarding their availability should the mayor decide to run.

Patrick Brennan, political director of Bloomberg’s 2005 re-election campaign, has resigned his position as commissioner of the city’s Community Assistance Unit to spend more time exploring Bloomberg’s possible national campaign, according to the Times.

Full Story..............
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Bloomberg_Prepares_to_Run/2007/12/31/60758.html?s=al&promo_code=421B-1

This guy is as bad as Ron Paul. If he enters the race he will completly screw it up and will give a victory to the Democrats for sure.

5stringJeff
01-01-2008, 08:19 PM
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is seriously moving toward a decision to run for president as an independent in 2008 — and his aides are already laying the groundwork for a Bloomberg campaign.

As Newsmax has reported, several Bloomberg advisers have been quietly feeling out potential campaign consultants regarding their availability should the mayor decide to run.

Patrick Brennan, political director of Bloomberg’s 2005 re-election campaign, has resigned his position as commissioner of the city’s Community Assistance Unit to spend more time exploring Bloomberg’s possible national campaign, according to the Times.

Full Story..............
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Bloomberg_Prepares_to_Run/2007/12/31/60758.html?s=al&promo_code=421B-1

This guy is as bad as Ron Paul. If he enters the race he will completly screw it up and will give a victory to the Democrats for sure.

First, Ron Paul is a good candidate, not a bad one. But since you support McCain, I see how you could get that confused.

Second, he proclaimed on national TV last night that he is not running.

Third, even if he did run, his views are so liberal that he'd drain votes from the left, not the right.

82Marine89
01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Fourth, it's already been posted and discussed. :cool:

nevadamedic
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
First, Ron Paul is a good candidate, not a bad one. But since you support McCain, I see how you could get that confused.

Second, he proclaimed on national TV last night that he is not running.

Third, even if he did run, his views are so liberal that he'd drain votes from the left, not the right.

First Ron Paul is an idiot.

Second, Bloomberg is obviously a liar, he has been saying for months he won't run but is diverting his staff members and former campaign workers to prepare for a Presidential Campaign. He even has staff members resign to get in gear for a Presidential run.

Third, he will drain votes from the right as well. Ron Paul will probably run as a Libertarian and will completly screw the Republican Party over, between Bloomberg and Paul were screwed.

gabosaurus
01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
First of all, your logic makes no sense at all. If you believe Bloomberg is still going to run, you are a total idiot (or perhaps that goes without saying).
He stated on live TV, on one of the most watched telecasts of the year, that he was not running. Changing his mind would give him serious credibility problems to begin with.
I hate to think that you are so desperate to post crap here that you are repeating an old topic. You need a rest.

nevadamedic
01-01-2008, 10:08 PM
First of all, your logic makes no sense at all. If you believe Bloomberg is still going to run, you are a total idiot (or perhaps that goes without saying).
He stated on live TV, on one of the most watched telecasts of the year, that he was not running. Changing his mind would give him serious credibility problems to begin with.
I hate to think that you are so desperate to post crap here that you are repeating an old topic. You need a rest.

Actually I am posting an article that was written today, there are new events unfolding and that is why I posted it. Just because he says he's not running doesn't mean he isn't. He is moving his top staffers to campaign status which people don't do for many reasons and one of the top being cost. He is getting a buttload of publicity right now and that is his plan. If he came out and said he decided to run right now it wouldn't help him as he would barely get any press. Think about it he was on a major show last night talking about this issue, look at all this free publicity and being that the race on the Independant side doesn't even start until March all of this publicity is helping him, not hurting him.

Also I've made 6 posts in the last week so yea im just desperate to post. :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
01-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Dude, they asked him one question last night. That hardly qualifies as "major publicity."

nevadamedic
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Dude, they asked him one question last night. That hardly qualifies as "major publicity."

It was on a major national program, but I guess your right, not to mention that just about every major news service is covering this story in one way or another and getting his name out there into every American's home and office and it's a great plan by his campaign team which he clearly has. :rolleyes:

5stringJeff
01-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

http://jcnot4me.com/images/pot_calls_kettle_black.bmp

Kathianne
01-05-2008, 05:32 PM

Second, Bloomberg is obviously a liar, he has been saying for months he won't run but is diverting his staff members and former campaign workers to prepare for a Presidential Campaign. He even has staff members resign to get in gear for a Presidential run.

Third, he will drain votes from the right as well. Ron Paul will probably run as a Libertarian and will completly screw the Republican Party over, between Bloomberg and Paul were screwed.

Remember this! When Ron Paul chooses to run as 3rd Party! I thought you were so politico savvy? First the problem with spreading obvious nonsense about Thompson, now this?

Does McCain national have a clue of what you are doing on messageboards?