PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Picks

jimnyc
01-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Rather than have formal picks and keeping score and all that other crap, let's all just pick who we think will win, and what the final scores will be. Feel free to throw in your thoughts as I have as well!

Washington Vs. Seattle

I just don't see Washington having enough experience or depth to beat the Hawks. They have serious issues at the QB position and only a semi deep threat receiver in Santana Moss. They do have a decent core of short field WR's to go to but it just won't be enough. Portis is the only shining star on this team but hardly enough to even get them past a wild card game. Seattle has experience with Hasselbeck at the helm and he should be able to have a big game against the Skins. If Alexander gets his legs back he can be a game breaker against any team they face. Their WR group is experienced too and should have their way in this game, especially if Branch is healthy.

My Pick: Seattle 24-10

Jacksonville Vs. Pittsburgh

This Pittsburgh team had a great season going for a little more than the first half of the season and have went downhill since then, and they will need to get their A game back if they plan on being competitive against Jacksonville. Roethlisberger, Ward & Polamalu rested in the final game and will need to be fully healthy for this matchup. Roethlisberger must be mistake free, and Davenport will need to have a great game taking over the reigns for Parker. Their defense still ranks #1 overall allowing yardage but has been giving up the run a LOT in the past 4-6 games. They will need to curtail Taylor big time in this one to have a shot. Garrard is a good QB for Jax who had a great year but is lacking the playoff experience. Like Ben, he needs to just play well enough and mistake free to give their running game a chance to flourish.

My pick: Jacksonville 20-14

NY Giants Vs. Tampa Bay

Burress, Toomer and Shockey are the keys to the Giants victory, and whether or not Eli can avoid the costly INT's. They need to establish their big guy, Jacobs, in order to free up their WR's. I see Shockey having a big game up and down the field and Burress cashing in at the end zones. I don't like Tampa in this one. I think their QB's suck, no exceptional running game to turn to, and Galloway is injured. Their D would need to win this one for them.

My pick: Giants 34-16

Tennessee Vs. San Diego

Getting a healthy Haynesworth for this game is a must. They are going to need to pressure SD all day if they want any chance of pulling this out. They will need to rely on Lendale White as their QB position isn't too good right now either. It's either Young who had a horrid season, or Kerry Collins - neither would I bet on. Philip Rivers doesn't have the playoff experience but has more than enough to get them past Tennessee. He has quietly had an outstanding year. But the killer in this game is going to be Tomlinson who I expect to have a career game. I see him running for over 150 and even getting a bunch on the short dumps.

My pick: San Diego 28-6

82Marine89
01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Washington Vs. Seattle

My Pick: Washington 17-10

My pick: Jacksonville 27-17

NY Giants Vs. Tampa Bay

My pick: Bucs 24-10

Tennessee Vs. San Diego

My pick: San Diego 35-21

jackass
01-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Washington Vs. Seattle

I think Washington is the dark horse of the NFC. They are on a 5(?) game win streak and came off a great win in Dallas. Their defense has been very good all year with a few exceptions. Their QB is playing very well and Portis is seeing the field well. I never have been a fan of Hasselback. He is a decent QB but thats it. Alexander will need a huge day for the Hawks to win this,

Washington 24 - Seattle 17

Unfortunetly for Jim I think Jacksonville takes this game pretty easily. Steelers are on the down slide and the Jags are playing really good football. With Parker out, the Steelers will have to rely on Big Ben too much. Jags defense will bring the pressure and Big Ben will throw 2 INT. Taylor will have a modest game until the fourth quater when Jax will start to pull away.

My pick: Jacksonville 28 -14

NY Giants Vs. Tampa Bay

Actually Jimbo, Shockey will be out with a broken leg. I am not sure how the Giants are underdogs in this game. Giants are 10-6 while TB is 9-7. Not to say that TB doesnt scare me. Actually this is one of the last teams I wanted to go against in the first round. Why you ask? Jeff Garcia. He was the QB with the 49's when they beat the Giants in that unbelievable 2nd half comeback about 5 years ago. He also was an Eagle so he knows the Giants AND he knows the basic defense they use as Steve Spagnola (sp?) the Giants Def. Coordinator was the Eagles DC while Garcia was there. Fortunetly TB is on a 3 game losing streak. If the Manning who played NE last week show up, the Giants could go deep into the playoffs. If not...its another early exit.

My pick: Giants 24 - 21

Tennessee Vs. San Diego

Ya know, I dont know too much about either team. They both have had very quiet seasons. Both teams made early noise (Tennessee for starting hot with Yuong and San Diego for starting so slow), but have since kinda faded into the background. I know San Diego has been better in the second half and Tomlinson (there is only 1 LT) has been running well. I think he will be the deciding factor in this game. Neither QB has the experience.

My pick: SD 17 - Tenn 10

gabosaurus
01-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Washington Vs. Seattle

This game will go into overtime. Seattle will triumph because they drink more Starbucks, and thus have the edge in endurance.

The Steelers will win, because they are the Steelers. Jacksonville is from Florida.

NY Giants Vs. Tampa Bay

Since this is the year of teams that barely snuck into the post-season, doing well, the Giants will win. Not to mention the fact that Tampa Bay is from Florida.

Tennessee Vs. San Diego

In his return to SoCal, Vince Young will have Rose Bowl flashbacks and start throwing to guys in Orange jerseys. The Chargers will win easily.

actsnoblemartin
01-01-2008, 11:08 PM
My picks:

Washington 21 Seattle 20

Jacksonville 31 Vs. Pittsburgh 14

Tampa Bay 16 NY Giants 13

San Diego 28 Tennessee 17

Sir Evil
01-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Washington 13 Seattle 28

Jacksonville 7 Vs. Pittsburgh 21

Tampa Bay 20 NY Giants 24

San Diego 21 Tennessee 10

jimnyc
01-07-2008, 04:07 PM
My Pick: Seattle 24-10
My pick: Jacksonville 20-14
My pick: Giants 34-16
My pick: San Diego 28-6

4 out of 4 correct

My Pick: Washington 17-10
My pick: Jacksonville 27-17
My pick: Bucs 24-10
My pick: San Diego 35-21

2 out of 4 correct

Washington 24 - Seattle 17
My pick: Jacksonville 28 -14
My pick: Giants 24 - 21
My pick: SD 17 - Tenn 10

3 out of 4 correct

This game will go into overtime. Seattle will triumph because they drink more Starbucks, and thus have the edge in endurance.

The Steelers will win, because they are the Steelers. Jacksonville is from Florida.

Since this is the year of teams that barely snuck into the post-season, doing well, the Giants will win. Not to mention the fact that Tampa Bay is from Florida.

In his return to SoCal, Vince Young will have Rose Bowl flashbacks and start throwing to guys in Orange jerseys. The Chargers will win easily.

3 out of 4 correct

Washington 21 Seattle 20
Jacksonville 31 Vs. Pittsburgh 14
Tampa Bay 16 NY Giants 13
San Diego 28 Tennessee 17

2 out of 4 correct

Washington 13 Seattle 28
Jacksonville 7 Vs. Pittsburgh 21
Tampa Bay 20 NY Giants 24
San Diego 21 Tennessee 10

3 out of 4 correct