PDA

View Full Version : Which dem is going to win Iowa?

LiberalNation
01-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm thinking Hillary but some of the news says Obama will if independents show up in mass.

chesswarsnow
01-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Edwards.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
01-01-2008, 11:55 PM
obama is gonna win

nevadamedic
01-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm thinking Hillary but some of the news says Obama will if independents show up in mass.

I hope and wish it would be Senator Chris Dodd.

Kathianne
01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Likely Edwards.

nevadamedic
01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Likely Edwards.

Edwards doesn't stand a chance, attaching himself to that fool Kerry killed him politically.

LiberalNation
01-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Iowa poll, don't think these are the latest results tho.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080101/ap_on_el_pr/polls2008_iowa;_ylt=Am03EiLGI3kZsQsopf1sC56M5QcF

THE NUMBERS - DEMOCRATS (CNN-Opinion Research Corp.)

Hillary Rodham Clinton, 33 percent

Barack Obama, 31 percent

John Edwards, 22 percent

The poll shows a two-way race developing for the Democratic nomination in Iowa, with Clinton and Obama in a dead-heat and support for Edwards dropping.

THE NUMBERS - REPUBLICANS

Mitt Romney, 31 percent

Mike Huckabee, 28 percent

Fred Thompson, 13 percent

John McCain, 10 percent

Rudy Giuliani, 8 percent

Ron Paul, 8 percent

nevadamedic
01-02-2008, 12:18 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080101/ap_on_el_pr/polls2008_iowa;_ylt=Am03EiLGI3kZsQsopf1sC56M5QcF

Barack Obama, 31 percent

John Edwards, 22 percent

The poll shows a two-way race developing for the Democratic nomination in Iowa, with Clinton and Obama in a dead-heat and support for Edwards dropping.

Mitt Romney, 31 percent

John McCain, 10 percent

Rudy Giuliani, 8 percent

Ron Paul, 8 percent

Obama Bin Laden cant and wont beat the Clinton Campaign Machine.

01-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Edwards doesn't stand a chance, attaching himself to that fool Kerry killed him politically.

Edwards will win Iowa.

01-02-2008, 01:55 AM

Barack Obama, 31 percent

John Edwards, 22 percent

Mitt Romney, 31 percent

John McCain, 10 percent

Rudy Giuliani, 8 percent

Ron Paul, 8 percent

polls are completely irrelevant for the Iowa Caucus. Its all about organization. and on the Democrat side its about second choices.

Kathianne
01-02-2008, 01:57 AM
polls are completely irrelevant for the Iowa Caucus. Its all about organization. and on the Democrat side its about second choices.

Agreed. I think Edwards had mo going just before this weekend hit. I know he has the organization, thus my prediction.

PostmodernProphet
01-02-2008, 05:38 AM

sorry, LN, but independents will not be participating in an Iowa caucus......this isn't a voting event, it's a test of organization not popularity.....Edwards has the edge because of his support among the labor unions, so look for him to outproduce his polling data.....Clinton seems to have the edge among the old school political machine.....expect Obama to underproduce his polling data due to lack of organized supporters.....too many of his supporters are new to the system......

nevadamedic
01-02-2008, 11:48 AM
sorry, LN, but independents will not be participating in an Iowa caucus......this isn't a voting event, it's a test of organization not popularity.....Edwards has the edge because of his support among the labor unions, so look for him to outproduce his polling data.....Clinton seems to have the edge among the old school political machine.....expect Obama to underproduce his polling data due to lack of organized supporters.....too many of his supporters are new to the system......

With that logic Dodd stands a good chance then too as he is endorsed by a couple unions and Fire Fighters, Police Officers and other Emergency Workers.

01-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I still think Edwards will win but i just heard Kucinich is urging his supporters to support Obama if he doesnt reach the threshold.

Joe Steel
01-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately, the process is rigged against Edwards so he probably won't win. That makes it a toss-up between Clinton and Obama. I think many will think it's time for a black president and that might put Obama over the top.

MtnBiker
01-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I think many will think it's time for a black president and that might put Obama over the top.

Why would people think that?

01-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately, the process is rigged against Edwards so he probably won't win. That makes it a toss-up between Clinton and Obama. I think many will think it's time for a black president and that might put Obama over the top.

if people are voting for a candidate based on race, i dont want them voting.