PDA

View Full Version : were not tough enough on drunk drivers

actsnoblemartin
01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
it really pisses me off, They dont kill someone... so they should get a cookie for that?

how many more people have to die because we make excuses for people and THEIR choice to drive drunk.

Psychoblues
01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't know about you, but the antics and activities of coke headed presidents f**ks me up, too.

nevadamedic
01-02-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't know about you, but the antics and activities of coke headed presidents f**ks me up, too.

You couldn't be more dead on, especially when you talk about Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton like that and I applaud you for that.

Psychoblues
01-02-2008, 12:48 AM
I can accept that you aren't a fan of Jimmy or Bill.

You couldn't be more dead on, especially when you talk about Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton like that and I applaud you for that.

But, I never for a moment implied anything like you say towards them. gwb is the coke-head in my reference. Tell me if you like his snotty coked up nose, OK?

chesswarsnow
01-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah, them *DRUNK ABUSIVE BASTARDS* plow into to innocent people every day.
2. Laws are not stiff enough for sure.
3. They always survive the collision as well, which pisses me off to no end.
4. I guess because they are all loosing goosey and don't stiffen up during the impact.
5. It wouldn't bother me if anyone drunk and kills someone while driving drunk, gets an automatic death sentence, effective in *Three Days*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah, like this guy...it is a sad situation...for all involved. The victim's family, and his own....it really does not pay to drink and drive.

Leyritz remains in jail after deadly crash
The Leader-Post
Published: Saturday, December 29, 2007

Former major-league baseball player Jim Leyritz is in Broward County's main jail in Miami, charged with DUI homicide after a Friday morning crash in Fort Lauderdale, according to report on the Miami Herald's Web site.

The one-time World Series hero, whose 44th birthday was Thursday, reportedly was involved in a car accident near the heart of a popular bar district in Fort Lauderdale.

According to the jail's Web site, Leyritz was charged with two counts of drunken driving, including DUI that causes death to a human. He had not posted an $11,000 bond as of Friday afternoon, records show.

The report stated a passenger in the car Leyritz allegedly hit was ejected from the car and died at the scene. Leyritz reportedly refused a sobriety test.

Leyritz, known in baseball as "The King,'' played catcher and first base during a 10-year career with the New York Yankees, Anaheim Angels, Texas Rangers, Boston Red Sox, San Diego Padres and Los Angeles Dodgers.

His greatest moment came in the 1996 World Series between the Atlanta Braves and Yankees, when he blasted a three-run home run in Game 4 off Atlanta Braves reliever Mark Wohlers. That home run helped the Yankees rally from a two-game deficit to win the series in six games.