PDA

View Full Version : Hillary highlights what's wrong with Democrats

darin
01-02-2008, 10:00 AM
On the Today show she mentioned wanting to be our 'champion' - she wants to give us the tools to live our lives to the fullest.

Ya know what? LEAVE ME ALONE. That's what I want. I don't want the government to provide anything but good roads, police, fire-fighters, and such. I don't NEED some hack politician in WA to force-feed programs, unfair taxes, and crappy state-run health care on me and my family. I want the safest borders possible. I want to be free to live my life and accept the consequences of my choices.

Hillary, in the name of Democrats, wants to hold my hand and lead me through my life. Hell no. Anybody who agrees with her on that is a pansy. And power-hungry.

There are people who WANT to be led. There are several folk on this board without the wherewithal or ability to forge their own path in life. Fine. Move back home with mama. Keep your hands out of my wallet; keep your desire for control of my life where it belongs - shoved up your ass. I'm not even sure what that last bit means. But I mean it.

:)

Sitarro
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
On the Today show she mentioned wanting to be our 'champion' - she wants to give us the tools to live our lives to the fullest.

Ya know what? LEAVE ME ALONE. That's what I want. I don't want the government to provide anything but good roads, police, fire-fighters, and such. I don't NEED some hack politician in WA to force-feed programs, unfair taxes, and crappy state-run health care on me and my family. I want the safest borders possible. I want to be free to live my life and accept the consequences of my choices.

Hillary, in the name of Democrats, wants to hold my hand and lead me through my life. Hell no. Anybody who agrees with her on that is a pansy. And power-hungry.

There are people who WANT to be led. There are several folk on this board without the wherewithal or ability to forge their own path in life. Fine. Move back home with mama. Keep your hands out of my wallet; keep your desire for control of my life where it belongs - shoved up your ass. I'm not even sure what that last bit means. But I mean it.

Yeah!!!!!!

gabosaurus
01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
I think Hillary is highlighting what is wrong with Hillary.

Abbey Marie
01-02-2008, 02:38 PM

FREEDOM!!!!

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/images/braveheart.jpg

gabosaurus
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
dmp, tell us how you REALLY feel about Hillary...

darin
01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
based on her public words? She's borderline deranged and evil. Her 'good intentions' do not turn her bad ideas into anything good. :)

gabosaurus
01-02-2008, 03:02 PM
You don't find her "hot" or anything?

typomaniac
01-02-2008, 03:28 PM

Damn! That sounded so Christian that I'm almost inspired to convert. :lol:

darin
01-02-2008, 03:40 PM
What does that mean?

actsnoblemartin
01-02-2008, 04:10 PM
isnt the road to hell paved with good intentions?

based on her public words? She's borderline deranged and evil. Her 'good intentions' do not turn her bad ideas into anything good. :)

typomaniac
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
What does that mean?

I'm sure you already know, but I'll spell it out anyway.

Real Christians are absolutely required to help those who are "without the wherewithal or ability to forge their own path in life." Even if it involves some measure of self sacrifice. They would never tell them to move back in with mama.

You can't take a glockmail-style approach and adopt only the theological bits and pieces that are convenient in order to feel better about being an asshole. This is called hypocrisy. Just about every self-styled Christian on this board is guilty of it.

darin
01-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm sure you already know, but I'll spell it out anyway.

Real Christians are absolutely required to help those who are "without the wherewithal or ability to forge their own path in life." Even if it involves some measure of self sacrifice. They would never tell them to move back in with mama.

You can't take a glockmail-style approach and adopt only the theological bits and pieces that are convenient in order to feel better about being an asshole. This is called hypocrisy. Just about every self-styled Christian on this board is guilty of it.

That's absolutely wrong, and betrays your ignorance of the faith.

typomaniac
01-02-2008, 04:49 PM
That's absolutely wrong, and betrays your ignorance of the faith.

I have no idea what you mean.

darin
01-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Nowhere does the bible support unfair, oppressive taxes to mandate government programs to help lazy people.

You're quick to toss out accusations about what it means to be a Christian, yet you clearly have very little information on the faith.

typomaniac
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Nowhere does the bible support unfair, oppressive taxes to mandate government programs to help lazy people.Smokescreen alert. I wasn't talking about "lazy" people, and neither were you. You said that these were people "without the wherewithal or ability to forge a path in life."
You're quick to toss out accusations about what it means to be a Christian, yet you clearly have very little information on the faith.I spent all my elementary and junior high years at an episcopal school, then I had four years at a Catholic high school. I've been through plenty of academic instruction about your faith, thank you very much.

I also happen to know that Jesus said, "what you do to the least of my brothers, you also do to me." Meaning that, even if someone IS lazy, it's your job as a Christian to motivate him, not to turn up your nose at his suffering.

darin
01-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Smokescreen alert. I wasn't talking about "lazy" people, and neither were you. You said that these were people "without the wherewithal or ability to forge a path in life." [quote]

Those people - in the last half of above? Are lazy. They are lazy. This thread is about Hillary and her love to tax good, hard-working people, to create MORE agencies to hand out money to folk who refuse to take responsibility for their lives. You know it, I know it, and the DP.com people know it. You're shifting this as a means to attack Faith. OMGHI2U!

[quote]
I spent all my elementary and junior high years at an episcopal school, then I had four years at a Catholic high school. I've been through plenty of academic instruction about your faith, thank you very much.

That's random. What does that mean or have to do with your lack of knowledge on Christianity?

I also happen to know that Jesus said, "what you do to the least of my brothers, you also do to me." Meaning that, even if someone IS lazy, it's your job as a Christian to motivate him, not to turn up your nose at his suffering.

False dilemma. But I'll entertain you a bit...You are talking about 'suffering' people. Giving money to lazy and other folk who refuse to work to better themselves IS hurting them. It furthers their suffering. Programs like some of the most-left Democrats (including hillary) seem to support only benefit governments, by taking MY hard-earned tax dollars to fund their agencies. It not my job, as a Christian, to motivate the lazy into working. MY Job as a Christian is to love my God with all my heart, and love those around me as I love myself. If you'd like to edit Scripture and add additional tasks, that's perfectly within your right as you find your own way.

You want to sit there and lock horns and go round-and-round with me based on what you THINK the bible says...you want to create crazy conclusions from things you THINK I may have written...fine. Bring it - in the appropriate forum.

typomaniac
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=typomaniac;180388]Smokescreen alert. I wasn't talking about "lazy" people, and neither were you. You said that these were people "without the wherewithal or ability to forge a path in life." [quote]

Those people - in the last half of above? Are lazy. They are lazy.There are dozens of reasons that someone might not be able to forge a path in life, and laziness is only one of them. They could be disabled. They could be addicted to something. They could be mentally ill. "You know it, I know it, the the DP.com people know it." Only we "liberals" seem to be brave enough to say it.

This thread is about Hillary and her love to tax good, hard-working people, to create MORE agencies to hand out money to folk who refuse to take responsibility for their lives.Please show me where she or any of her staff said this.
That's random. What does that mean or have to do with your lack of knowledge on Christianity?It has everything to do with my knowledge of it. I have studied it formally and from perspectives in different sects of it.
False dilemma. But I'll entertain you a bit...You are talking about 'suffering' people. Giving money to lazy and other folk who refuse to work to better themselves IS hurting them. It furthers their suffering.Agreed: I said that they needed help, not necessarily in the form of money.

It not my job, as a Christian, to motivate the lazy into working. MY Job as a Christian is to love my God with all my heart, and love those around me as I love myself. If you'd like to edit Scripture and add additional tasks, that's perfectly within your right as you find your own way.Most clerics will agree that Christianity is an all-or-nothing proposition. Jesus gave his disciples an instruction manual, not a menu.
You want to sit there and lock horns and go round-and-round with me based on what you THINK the bible says...you want to create crazy conclusions from things you THINK I may have written...fine. Bring it - in the appropriate forum.Not today, thanks. I just wanted to embarrass you a little. :laugh2:

darin
01-02-2008, 06:32 PM
There are dozens of reasons that someone might not be able to forge a path in life, and laziness is only one of them. They could be disabled. They could be addicted to something. They could be mentally ill. "You know it, I know it, the the DP.com people know it." Only we "liberals" seem to be brave enough to say it.

Nice strawman. Nice way to try and dig to find a 'particular' example which 'may' be the case. Doesn't work. My statement stands. Those who refuse to do what it takes to make a living (legally) need to move back in with mama, instead of furthering their hurt on society. They need to grab their junk, stand up and be man and woman enough to do something about their situation. Forcing ME to give money to a state agency to further the person's situation is NOT being loving, nor charitable. It's NOT 'showing christ'. You may continue to refuse to understand scripture all you like, and proclaim your misunderstandings loudly. Doesn't change anything.

Please show me where she or any of her staff said this. It has everything to do with my knowledge of it. I have studied it formally and from perspectives in different sects of it.Agreed: I said that they needed help, not necessarily in the form of money.

Said what? You know what she stands for. She's proclaimed it. I was referencing HER words at a Today Show interview. She's claimed it.

What you claim to study does nothing to convince anyone you have a clue what Christianity is about. Form Member BillyBadAss as worked at NASA for years, yet he doesn't know how to get a rocket to Uranus. You know what Hillary supports. It's free info.

Most clerics will agree that Christianity is an all-or-nothing proposition. Jesus gave his disciples an instruction manual, not a menu. Not today, thanks. I just wanted to embarrass you a little. :laugh2:

I don't see your point. You went from social programs which hurt society and enable lazy people to sick the teet of the REST of society (my point), to 'pick and choose Christianity'.