PDA

View Full Version : Why does Elmo get his own spot...

KitchenKitten99
01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
...when Bert & Ernie are way funnier and far less annoying?

Elmo's voice is so irritating, and the whole talking in the third person act is getting old and has ceased being cute...

dan
01-02-2008, 01:36 PM
What spot are you talking about?

I never cared much for Bert & Ernie when I was little. Bert seemed unnecessarily angry and mean all the time. I liked Oscar the grouch.

Elmo is annoying, but I've heard that really little kids (2, 3 years old) still love him, so I guess he's not going anywhere.

PostmodernProphet
01-02-2008, 01:58 PM

Bert and Ernie are co-dependants....neither could survive without the other.....face the facts, the only one who could survive a solo performance was Oscar the Grouch.....

KitchenKitten99
01-02-2008, 02:00 PM

he gets a 10-minute spot daily called "Elmo's World", within Sesame Street, where he is the little host.

A friend of mine just emailed this clip to me (ya gotta turn it up a bit):

Elmo thinks about....balls.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Wb2s5fwRgE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Wb2s5fwRgE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

dan
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=FuzzyKitten99;180227]he gets a 10-minute spot daily called "Elmo's World", within Sesame Street, where he is the little host.
QUOTE]

I see. Yeah, like I said, he's annoying, but kids like him. Whatever happened to Barney, do kids still like him?

gabosaurus
01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Big Bird OWNS!!

KitchenKitten99
01-02-2008, 03:49 PM
I see. Yeah, like I said, he's annoying, but kids like him. Whatever happened to Barney, do kids still like him?
they must, because he's still on. Just as annoying as ever. That show is the biggest cheerleader of mediocrity of all of them... On today's show, the dinosaurs celebrated, party and all, when one of the kids figured out how to use a jump rope and everyone learned to do the "BabyBop Hop", which is where people jump in place then forward and back... Someone shoot those muppets and put them out of their misery.

KitchenKitten99
01-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Big Bird OWNS!!

Damn straight! "Follow That Bird" is now on DVD, too!

actsnoblemartin
01-02-2008, 04:02 PM
oscar the grouch

:clap:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8dGwgkirqk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8dGwgkirqk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I never cared much for Bert & Ernie when I was little. Bert seemed unnecessarily angry and mean all the time. I liked Oscar the grouch.

Elmo is annoying, but I've heard that really little kids (2, 3 years old) still love him, so I guess he's not going anywhere.

dan
01-02-2008, 04:06 PM
they must, because he's still on. Just as annoying as ever. That show is the biggest cheerleader of mediocrity of all of them... On today's show, the dinosaurs celebrated, party and all, when one of the kids figured out how to use a jump rope and everyone learned to do the "BabyBop Hop", which is where people jump in place then forward and back... Someone shoot those muppets and put them out of their misery.

Barney is NOT a Muppet, and how DARE you even try to compare the two!

I used to tease my nephew for liking Barney when he was really little, and I feel terrible about it, now. The show's all about being happy and nice and all, what a jerk I was to pick on him for liking it.

actsnoblemartin
01-02-2008, 04:08 PM
barney, thats an abomnation

:lol:

besides wasnt the purple one gay?

Barney is NOT a Muppet, and how DARE you even try to compare the two!

I used to tease my nephew for liking Barney when he was really little, and I feel terrible about it, now. The show's all about being happy and nice and all, what a jerk I was to pick on him for liking it.

PostmodernProphet
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Big Bird OWNS!!

oh paleese!......as I recall, the first time that scatterbrained oversized canary got off Sesame Street he got lost for days and had to be rescued.....(omigorsh, I just googled it....Big Bird got lost no less than four times!)

typomaniac
01-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Must be those persistent rumors of Bert and Ernie being gay lovers. :laugh:

KitchenKitten99
01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
I had to post this. My husband found it on YouTube. Put a bleep over the right adjective(s) in an innocent song, and it sounds dirty. I listened to this twice and I am still laughing!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6AXPnH0C9UA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6AXPnH0C9UA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Said1
01-02-2008, 10:17 PM
I loved the count and thus began my love for dark and seemingly dangerous men. :laugh2:

Grover was by far my favorite 'near, far..near, faaaaaaaarrrrrr'

I like the tweedle bugs too, even though they rarely made an appearence.

Anyone remember the stupid puppets that used do a little schitck that went something like this

Phone: brrrrrrrrring

Puppets: yep, yep,yep,yep,yep

Phone: 'bring'

Puppets: Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep

ANSWER THE PHONE IDIOTS!

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. TWELVE. I'm so smart.

KitchenKitten99
01-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Anyone remember the stupid puppets that used do a little schitck that went something like this

ANSWER THE PHONE IDIOTS!

I loved those guys! they are still on, but not like before. Elmo gets practically half the show now. My favorite was Teeny Little Super Guy.

dan
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM

ANSWER THE PHONE IDIOTS!

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. TWELVE. I'm so smart.

There was some show that had a reference to those puppets recently, I want to say something like Family Guy or American Dad, but that could be wrong.

gabosaurus
01-03-2008, 01:37 AM
oh paleese!......as I recall, the first time that scatterbrained oversized canary got off Sesame Street he got lost for days and had to be rescued.....(omigorsh, I just googled it....Big Bird got lost no less than four times!)

That is exactly why I loved Big Bird! He was a blonde at heart! :laugh2:

My second favorite was always Cookie Monster. My mom certainly got tired of me running into the kitchen yelling "Gimme Cookie!"

dan
01-03-2008, 09:11 AM
That is exactly why I loved Big Bird! He was a blonde at heart! :laugh2:

My second favorite was always Cookie Monster. My mom certainly got tired of me running into the kitchen yelling "Gimme Cookie!"

I liked Cookie Monster, but even as a little kid, I remember being bothered by the fact that anything he ate just fell right out of his mouth. No wonder he's jonzing so bad, he's never even swallowed a cookie!

Said1
01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I liked Cookie Monster, but even as a little kid, I remember being bothered by the fact that anything he ate just fell right out of his mouth. No wonder he's jonzing so bad, he's never even swallowed a cookie!

He wasted more cookies in one 60 sec spot than I was allowed to have all year. :mad: