PDA

View Full Version : 9 scientific errors with an inconvient truth movie

actsnoblemartin
01-02-2008, 04:06 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/7037671.stm

Gore climate film's nine 'errors'

A High Court judge who ruled on whether climate change film, An Inconvenient Truth, could be shown in schools said it contains nine scientific "errors".
Mr Justice Burton said the government could still send the film to schools - if accompanied by guidance giving the other side of the argument.

based on my first post, do you even think global warming is real, or al gore is a snake oil salesman?

glockmail
01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
based on my first post, do you even think global warming is real, or al gore is a snake oil salesman? I don't think that its real, but a willing to err on the side of caution by fully embracing nuclear power, windmills in Ted Kennedy's back yard (as well as mine), and encouraging natural gas production off the coast of North Carolina.

typomaniac
01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Old news. Gore has long since admitted to there being some inaccuracies in the film.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Suppose someone had told you two years ago that someone would win a Nobel Peace Prize for a Hollywood film of a Powerpoint presentation...you'd have laughed in their face and every other part of their body!

I find this quite amusing!

typomaniac
01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
I find this quite amusing!

Laughed in EVERY other part of their body?!? :eek:

Trigg
01-02-2008, 07:02 PM

A High Court judge who ruled on whether climate change film, An Inconvenient Truth, could be shown in schools said it contains nine scientific "errors".
Mr Justice Burton said the government could still send the film to schools - if accompanied by guidance giving the other side of the argument.

based on my first post, do you even think global warming is real, or al gore is a snake oil salesman?

I think the earth is going though a normal cycle of warming and cooling that it's gone through for centuries. I don't think that humans have made that big a difference.

I do however, fully agree with limiting our garbage and recycling our resources. To me it just makes sense to reuse things.

red states rule
01-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Old news. Gore has long since admitted to there being some inaccuracies in the film.

Not inaccuracies - they are outright lies

typomaniac
01-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Sure. And GeorgeDubya was telling the Gawd-honest truth when he said Saddam had ginormous WMD stockpiles.
:pee:

glockmail
01-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Sure. And GeorgeDubya was telling the Gawd-honest truth when he said Saddam had ginormous WMD stockpiles.
:lame2:

Talk about trying the subject when your argument falls apart.

typomaniac
01-04-2008, 12:38 PM

Talk about trying the subject when your argument falls apart.

So you DO think that your butt-buddy RSR is a mind-reader who can tell mistakes from lies with perfect accuracy. :uhoh:

Figures...

darin
01-04-2008, 12:47 PM

Was Clinton lying?

S (http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/16/transcripts/clinton.html)addam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons...(Iraq and)Other countries possess weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles. With Saddam, there is one big difference: He has used them. Not once, but repeatedly. Unleashing chemical weapons against Iranian troops during a decade-long war. Not only against soldiers, but against civilians, firing Scud missiles at the citizens of Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Iran. And not only against a foreign enemy, but even against his own people, gassing Kurdish civilians in Northern Iraq.

The international community had little doubt then, and I have no doubt today, that left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will use these terrible weapons again.

(shrug).

You're being dishonest in claiming Bush lied.

typomaniac
01-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Was Clinton lying?

(shrug).

You're being dishonest in claiming Bush lied.
Not really my point in any case. I was merely illustrating that RedParrotSpam will reflexively accuse any Democrat of lying no matter what indications there are that the accused may simply have been mistaken.

actsnoblemartin
01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
numerous governments thought he had them, u telling me they all lied too?

typomaniac
01-04-2008, 11:53 PM
numerous governments thought he had them, u telling me they all lied too?

I'm sure that some of them did. The rest were just plain wrong.

red states rule
01-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Not really my point in any case. I was merely illustrating that RedParrotSpam will reflexively accuse any Democrat of lying no matter what indications there are that the accused may simply have been mistaken.

You are trying to derail another thread by showing us your supreme ignorance

Gore was lying,and he knows he is lying - he has to so he can keep pulling in the money from idiots who buy into his crap

typomaniac
01-05-2008, 04:20 PM
You are trying to derail another thread by showing us your supreme ignorance

Gorre was lying,m he knoew he was lying - he has to so he can keep pulling in the money from idiots who buy into his crap

Gore has more money than you can ever hope to touch; he doesn't need any more.

Neither does Hutt Vicodin, but "idiots who buy into his crap" keep sending him money anyway.

MtnBiker
01-05-2008, 04:21 PM

How have you determind how much money Gore needs?

red states rule
01-05-2008, 04:24 PM

Neither does Hutt Vicodin, but "idiots who buy into his crap" keep sending him money anyway.

Then Al needs to stop charging $100,00 for his 75 minute doom and gloom lecture, and stop selling carbon offsets to his fools, eh sorry - customers

typomaniac
01-05-2008, 09:39 PM
How have you determind how much money Gore needs?
He's not exactly starving or homeless, is he?
:slap:

red states rule
01-05-2008, 09:43 PM

Thanks to his global warming scam

typomaniac
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Thanks to his global warming scamYou're just jealous. :lol:

MtnBiker
01-07-2008, 03:09 PM

You said he didn't need anymore money, how can you know what he needs?

Is not starving or having a home disqualify a person from futher need or income? Once a person has acquired a certain amount of wealth are they prohibited from earning more?

typomaniac
01-07-2008, 05:05 PM
You said he didn't need anymore money, how can you know what he needs?

Is not starving or having a home disqualify a person from futher need or income? Once a person has acquired a certain amount of wealth are they prohibited from earning more?

You're confusing "need" with "would like to have."

MtnBiker
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
You're confusing "need" with "would like to have."

Yet you used the word need. How do you know how much Al Gore needs or would like to have?

typomaniac
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Yet you used the word need. How do you know how much Al Gore needs or would like to have?
There is nothing inconsistent about what I said earlier. He needs enough to afford the necessities of living, just like every other human being. I have no idea how much he'd like to have.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 04:31 AM
There is nothing inconsistent about what I said earlier. He needs enough to afford the necessities of living, just like every other human being. I have no idea how much he'd like to have.

Yes, such necessities of life like 4 masions, private jets, limos, first class luxury rooms, and other things your average run of the mill lib needs to get through life, while telling the rest of us to reduce our energy consumption

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 12:14 PM

How about the fact that Al Gore is on everyones ass about recycling and using recycled products and his DVD came in a cardboard box/container and I looked it over from top to bottom and it's not done in recycled cardboard/paper. Hipocrit.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Temps will hit the 70's here today - and break the record

I wonder if gloabl warming is to blame. Well, it is possible.............

All Time High: 70 Degree Temps Blanket NYC
Thousands Flock To Central Park To Enjoy The 28th Straight Day Of Above Normal Temperatures

snip

El Nino, Spanish for "the child," was said to have received its name from the Peruvian fishermen because it occurs around Christmas time. The phenomenon typically lasts for several weeks, but can continue for months at a time. When that happens, the fishing industry can suffer serious damage, similar to what the fishermen experienced many moons ago.

And though many believe global warming is the cause of the craziness, Bolaris downplays that idea, but says it does play a part.

"Global warming is a concern, but i wouldn't attribute this particular episode to purely global warming. The major part is El Nino, but it doesn't not rule out that it could be the end effect of global warming," he says.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/weather.new.york.2.241221.html

Said1
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Going down to a balmy +10 tonight. Beats last week, -50 with the wind chill. Gawd bless the child.

red states rule
01-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Going down to a balmy +10 tonight. Beats last week, -50 with the wind chill. Gawd bless the child.

You must be suffering from global cooling