PDA

View Full Version : In case you need MORE examples of why Socialized Health Care really isn't about CARE

darin
01-02-2008, 05:30 PM
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - A Surrey woman's holiday in California has turned into a healthcare nightmare. The 68-year old needed emergency surgery after her appendix burst, but now she can't come home due to a lack of hospital beds.

Arlene Meeks has been in a California hospital since December 17th. Her family has been trying to get her transferred back to the Lower Mainland for 2 weeks now but they haven't had any luck.

Stephen Harris with the South Fraser Health Region says the issue is a shortage of ventilated intensive care unit beds, which are highly specialized. He says over the holidays, it's not surprising to see those beds filled up.

More at link:

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20080102_101452_5180

Socialized health care is only about more government involvement and control of our lives. It's not about health, nor care, ironically.

Those who support the idea in this country must resound themselves to consciously turning a blind-eye towards the inherent problems of such programs - not inconveniences - serious life-threatening problems. Why folk are willing to refuse evidence showing how broken National Health Care systems are is beyond me. Perhaps they are short-sighted to the point of denial? They LOVE the 'feel-goods' THEY get when they think of such a program, regardless how dangerous it can be to society as a whole.

April15
01-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I have Kaiser health care and have been waiting now since first of October to have a torn rotator cuff repaired. Jan 30th is the scheduled date. If I was an athalete it would have been next day service.

82Marine89
01-02-2008, 08:15 PM
I have Kaiser health care and have been waiting now since first of October to have a torn rotator cuff repaired. Jan 30th is the scheduled date. If I was an athalete it would have been next day service.

Because teams have their own private doctors. If you paid cash I'm sure your surgery would have been sooner.

April15
01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Because teams have their own private doctors. If you paid cash I'm sure your surgery would have been sooner.Exactly why canadians come here, to beat the system. I don't have extra money as I work for a living. I am dependent on the insurer to cover my ailments. I did however find out why it is taking so long. Hip replacements take precedence over shoulders.

Psychoblues
01-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Name them, April.

Exactly why canadians come here, to beat the system. I don't have extra money as I work for a living. I am dependent on the insurer to cover my ailments. I did however find out why it is taking so long. Hip replacements take precedence over shoulders.

Perhaps we can shame them back into their own system.